[Day 0: Mid Morning] Kites and laughter

One warm spot in the village this winter is Kenichi’s shop where a makeshift kiln is lit at all hours. The place is unmistakable by the wisps of smoke emanating from the backyard. Kenichi, cleverly, has decided to exploit the heat of his trade, and has set up a covered porch against the wall of the kiln room. It acts as a makeshift tavern, and has become a warm spot for social gatherings.
Kakita Kyoumi

Re: [Day 0: Mid Morning] Kites and laughter

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:55 pm

Kyoumi does not seem surprised that Kenichi knows of Toshiki...in her world, knowing the work of master painters is considered required basic knowledge. "Technically, my grandmother's brother. But my guardian since childhood. I regret to inform you that the piece you have may have grown suddenly more valuable. He is no longer sharing his vision with us." She does then smile with warm memory, despite the soberness of the announcement. "Though I like to imagine him painting a heavenly lotus and trying to decide whether or not to put shadows on that."
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Shosuro Megumi

Postby Shosuro Megumi » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:01 pm

Megumi can't help but smile at the young artist's enthusiasm and gives her another bow.

"Very well, I shall bow to your wisdom. Perhaps it will also do me some good as well. An opportunity to delight has been rare of late."
Shinjo Megumi • "Unicorn" Clan • Courtier • Loremaster • Shugenja • Air
As of day 12 wears a necklace with a star sapphire with a Unicorn mon. As of day 21 she is a Jade Magistrate.

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:04 pm

"I am sorry." Kenichi bows to offer condolence. "I never had the pleasure of meeting him. My knowledge of art is sadly lacking, although I do admire the piece. It was probably one of the few things, if not the only thing in the city of any value. I do not know the monetary value, but I do know I like to look upon it. It will not be in my keeping for much longer." He thinks upon her words about her guardian. "I hope, like you, he is painting in the heavens. Just as art can bring us closer to the heavens, it would be reassuring to think that, were he to be painting in the heavens now, he might bring them closer to us."
Emerald Spider * Sparrow Clan * Samurai * Duellist * Courtier * Yoriki * Voice * Storyteller * description * Soul of Mirumoto Shou

From Day 12 he wears a necklace with a pearl bearing the Sparrow Clan mon.

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:10 pm

Kyoumi smiles with genuine pleasure at Megumi's acceptance of her request for a gaijin travelouge. "Wonderful! Thank you so much. I will take steps to arrange what I can. The Crane Embassy here is not large, and we still have members who are recovering from injuries acquired on their journey here, so I need to make sure they are left in quiet and comfort until they recover. But I'm sure we would be honored to host unless a venue you would prefer more should become available."
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:18 pm

Kyoumi accepts Kenichi's bow of condolence with a courteous bow of the correct depth in return. "He was blessed by the Lady Doji. I...yes. I think I could find a little more hope in that. Maybe the Heavens can be reminded once again of Doji and her love for her humble sons and daughters. Her love for Kakita as one of the many sons of the earth. It's a very small thing..." she leaves the rest unsaid but the reference to the famous motto of House Doji hangs in the air for any who know it.
Appearance

Shosuro Megumi

Postby Shosuro Megumi » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:52 pm

Megumi bows as well.

"Oh my dear, I too offer you my condolences. And of course, my commiseration for the mishap that befell your kinsmen. Though I'm sure everything is well in hand, and I no way wish to offer offense by offering aid where it is unneeded, either to your Clan and our host, should an extra pair of hands be needed, I am skilled in the medicinal arts.

"Furthermore, I assure you, I could not imagine a more prestigious venue than the Crane Embassy. You honor me."
As of day 12 wears a necklace with a star sapphire with a Unicorn mon. As of day 21 she is a Jade Magistrate.

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:05 pm

Kakita Kyoumi returns the bow of condolence to Megumi correctly as well, but her expression grows bleaker as there is more discussion of the journey up. The laughter is gone now, and her voice grows flat. "It would be an honor for our embassy to host, and I thank you for your condolences, though my uncle was aged and died much honored. None of us could hope for more."

After the proper response has been made and she has had a chance to draw in a breath and exhale, she continues, but her tone is filled with emptiness. It is the shadows that Kenichi drew out earlier, by accident. "It was a...dangerous road. And every bushi lost to bring us here was one that can no longer defend our lands from the eaters-of-men arrayed against us. We will see that the daisho of those fallen will be returned to their families, If we can. However, those that survived are resting and will be well enough soon. I thank you for the offer. Not every wound can be healed with the same kind of healing, and I am sure you know different kinds than we do."
Appearance

Shosuro Megumi

Postby Shosuro Megumi » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:59 pm

Megumi makes sure to catch the young artisans eyes, smiling encouragingly.

"We will all work hard to make their sacrifice worth it. It is all we can do, to make sure that what they paid for with their lives ends up saving many more. This Winter Court the future of the Empire hangs in the balance. It is up to people such as us to tip the balance one way or the other.

I will collect my supplies and will drop by your embassy. I will do what I can. You have my word."

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:24 pm

Kenichi smiles at Megumi's promise to Kyoumi. "It was good fortune, it would seem, that your paths crossed." His attention is briefly taken away by more laughter erupting from the children. A new group has joined them and are being directed towards Kyoumi. "It seems your handiwork is in demand again, Kyoumi-sama. I should leave you to so you may give it your full attention. It has been a pleasure." He turns to Megumi. "And I look forward to seeing you again Shinjo Megumi-sama, and hearing your stories from afar. More healers are always to be welcome at times like these. Until we next meet."

Kenichi bows a deep respectful bow to both women, and makes ready to leave.
Emerald Spider * Sparrow Clan * Samurai * Duellist * Courtier * Yoriki * Voice * Storyteller * description * Soul of Mirumoto Shou

From Day 12 he wears a necklace with a pearl bearing the Sparrow Clan mon.

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:55 pm

Kyoumi stands up. "Megumi-sama, I regret to say that those wounded enough to require such exotic methods of healing, sadly, lie beyond the gates of any healing at all. They are with our ancestors now. As for the others, as I understand it, they are recovering, though I am sure Asahina Hisato-san would be happy to discuss the methods you use. We have seen every possible kind of injury among our soldiers, and any healing knowledge you can share, brought to us from afar, will, I am sure, save many lives. We would certainly treasure it. " She draws herself up and pulls together a fresh smile. "But I will gladly accept the promise you have graciously offered, Megumi-sama, of the telling of your travels in Mehidaat-al-Salaam. We shall try to make such an event worthy of its storytellers." The smile grows warmer. "Not only bodies need healing, after all. A respite...is a valuable treasure also."
Appearance

Return to “Five Ringed Pottery”