Day 0, Early Afternoon, Not Drunk Enough for This

One warm spot in the village this winter is Kenichi’s shop where a makeshift kiln is lit at all hours. The place is unmistakable by the wisps of smoke emanating from the backyard. Kenichi, cleverly, has decided to exploit the heat of his trade, and has set up a covered porch against the wall of the kiln room. It acts as a makeshift tavern, and has become a warm spot for social gatherings.
Kakita Kyoumi

Re: Day 0, Early Afternoon, Not Drunk Enough for This

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:27 pm

Kyomi glanced under her eyelashes at Kazusa. "The Scorpion claimed they were never there. But things kept happening that weren't quite right, and could not have happened without a little help. Trees dropping all their snow when someone walked underneath. Snowballs hitting the Hida containing powder blue paint. A group of Doji that no one had seen before attacking the Daidoji and disappearing again. But of course the Scorpion steered clear of it, indeed."

"As this festival marked the beginning of Winter Court, in the reign of Hantei the Twenty Eighth, some mention should be made of the Imperial families. The Otomo never lifted a hand with snow, preferring to spend all their time talking in low tones to people in low tones and pointing to members of other clans. For some reason, these conversations always seemed to mark impending hot spots in the fracas. The Seppun were gathered all around the Emperor, who watched the proceedings with a pleased expression. Every so often he tried to look concerned, but it never lasted. Somehow, despite the air being thick with flying projectiles and the Emperor's party being dead center in the fray, not a single fleck of snow touched even the guards."

"Since this whole thing was on Phoenix lands, they had a very active role in the fight, even though not a single one of them ever picked up a snowball themselves. The Shiba were running around desperately trying to knock down flying snowballs and get in the way of any that might hit the Isawa. Of course, the Isawa were not making things easy on teh Shiba, as they insisted on getting close so their spells could be more effective. They had called on the kamki to make snowballs turn around in mid-air and hit their throwers, flaming the incoming balls and melting htem (the melted water usually landed on the Shiba's heads!) and setting off earthquakes to toss the other clans onto the snow covered ground."
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:34 pm

Kyoumi brings her story to its climax as she draws the eyes of the patrons of the pottery store, for it is clear the story she offers is offered to all, not just one. The smile curls her lips as she enjoys the telling.

"The battle finally stopped when the Asako came out and started complaining about the noise, and the Miya started sending everyone home. The Asako had much to say about "kids these days" and muttering about how things were in "their" days. Later, they claimed the fight awoke the Naga, but the Ikoma histories show that the two events were completely unrelated. Despite their role as hosts to the festival, the Isawa had very little to comment about the battle. The only thing they did say was how good it was that they had not invited the minor clans to the festival, because "the Mantis daimyo would probably have come and tried to take over the whole thing."

She flips open her fan with a gesture of completion and inclines her head at Kazusa.
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:48 pm

"I imagine every word of it true, Kakita-san", the Soshi says with a respectful nod. "Perhaps it is where the tradition of snow castles came from, neh?"
Scorpion Clan • Loyal • Samurai • Delegation Head
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:02 pm

Kyoumi looks surprised as she shrinks back into the Kaiu's shadow. "Oh! I thought you asked for a gift of levity, not a gift of truth. For that, we would have to talk a different time, and the discussion is quite different, I fear."
Appearance

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:37 pm

"...", the Scorpion deadpans. "I was having you on."
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:03 am

Kyoumi bats her eyes innocently. "Oh, really? I never guessed. I must remember that in the future."
Appearance

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:15 am

Kazusa nods slowly. "Indeed."

She looks to the man who would rather kill her than hear her voice again.

"How is your sake, Kaiu-san?"

Kaiu Oda

Postby Kaiu Oda » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:52 am

Oda listens passively to the tale. He smirks at the mention of his Clan.

"A fine farce Kakita-sama." He glances at the rebel. "The sake is of the quality one would expect from the fine brewers of the Dragon. Would you like some Kakita-sama?"
Crab Clan * The Iron Mask * Delegation Head * Veteran * Commander * Siege * No Left Eye * No Left Arm * Disturbing Countenance

-If the bird won't sing kill it.-

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:00 pm

Kakita Kyoumi bows slightly in acknowledgement of Oda's compliment. "I have a few kites left to make today, and I hope to meet with my lord Ambassador when he summons us. It would not do to present myself to him with even one of the few wits that I have been blessed with left in the bottom of a sake bottle. But thank you."
Appearance

Kaiu Oda

Postby Kaiu Oda » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:11 pm

"I think you give yourself too little credit. It seems to me that you must possess a keen mind or else all those stories would become jumbled inside your head. Clearly your superiors consider you an able courtier or they wouldn't have sent you to Winter Court."
Crab Clan * The Iron Mask * Delegation Head * Veteran * Commander * Siege * No Left Eye * No Left Arm * Disturbing Countenance

-If the bird won't sing kill it.-

Return to “Five Ringed Pottery”