[Day 26 LA]To start at the source

For over a decade, this business has been strangely closed for most of the year, open only in late fall through early spring. It’s managed by a young woman named Ogiue whose brother Otaru the Second toils at his craft in the back. The shop is galleried with stacks of prints and sumi-e painting from a wide range of styles, far more than any one artist could said to have created themselves.
Otaru

Re: [Day 26 LA]To start at the source

Postby Otaru » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:35 am

Otaru is visibly jubilant at her news. "Throughout Two Heavens, Doji Arami is now considered a Hero of the People. If he shows half as much care to the affairs of samurai as to the heimin, I have no doubt the General is safe. I was sure a few days ago- at the gate- but it's good to know he is taking such efforts."

He becomes a bit more grim as he nods to Kyoumi. "As for the hateful monsters who oppose the general... I think I saw something, yes. In the bazaar: there are some criminals who supply innocent people with illicit drugs. For people who have lost the will to live. I was one of those people, once. You're looking for a dealer, named Mitsu. If you want to pursue him- use stealth! His agents will definitely escape if you don't. I'm pretty sure his supplier is somewhere in Two Heavens village, though: smuggling would be too risky to do without some kind of legitimate business to cover it."
“Artist”* Poppy Head

“All sales are to be done through my sister. I simply do not have time.”

Run by GM Bishamon

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:09 pm

<OOC: Due to the difficulties of our handling our timezone differences, I'm going to roll up some questions and do some things differently, assuming I would have received assent, and maybe play this out a little differently than I would have otherwise to just try to keep it rolling. I hope this is OK>

As Otaru speaks, Kyoumi quickly waves her hand in a gesture, causing the face and appearance of the drug dealer Mitsu to be created as an illusion in the air, a rendering of the air kami drawn from Otaru's own thoughts. Kyoumi memorizes the features so she can render it again to another. The kami stay for longer, rendering other faces where Otaru can recall them.

She nods at the painter's description of the dealer. "There is a package that you might have seen, large and long, wrapped in cloth, given from one to another, that is in the hands, I think, of such as oppose the general. Did you see it? Was it Mitsu who held the package? Did you see who he gave it to?"

She listens to the answers and nods. "It may well have ended up with Mitsu's supplier, and you are right, I am sure. Stealth and wit would need to be used. Perhaps we can find a way to lure them into a trap. If you are as brave as you were at the main gate, perhaps you can say someone has asked for something special. We can follow in stealth and find the supplier then." She hands Otaru a koku. "And here is coin enough to make that claim well. It is yours, no matter how this goes."

"Thank you for your help, Otaru-san."

<OOC edited again to fit Otaru>
Last edited by Kakita Kyoumi on Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Otaru

Postby Otaru » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:05 am

Otaru looks at Kyoumi with caution at first- but then nods. "If you need stealth, my sister is better than I am- but I do -not- want her harmed. And I owe the Crane a great deal. I'll just tell them the same story that was always true- I need something more."

He looks to the coin with a rueful smile. "That... is a great deal of money. But I think I can pass it off as a very lucky find."
“Artist”* Poppy Head

“All sales are to be done through my sister. I simply do not have time.”

Run by GM Bishamon

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:39 pm

Kyoumi nods. "That is wise. I do not want to put your sister at risk, but I think I know a man who is skilled in scouting who might handle the task well. Prepare what you need to, and I will make sure this scout tracks and follows those he needs to make certain no fish escape this fish trap to cause you or your sister to be troubled later. When the time is set, we will strike."
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Return to “The Prolific Art Emporium of Otaru and Son”