[Day 15 EA] In search of meat

Only the Emperor’s Chamber is more heavily guarded. Food is precious in this time of famine. Thus, Lord Shikei and the ryorishi, Kyujin, are the only souls allowed unsupervised access to the castle’s food stores.
Kyujin

Re: [Day 15 EA] In search of meat

Postby Kyujin » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:26 pm

Kyujin definitely frowns at this. "If the entire court fasted? I have no idea. Let me look about the kitchens and see what I can do about assessing the food saving. But- either way, I imagine people fasting or not getting food would be resentful either way. I think the value to a Unicorn feast would be showing how a few spices and good cooking can go a long way. Do you want to consider asking the court to fast for a day?"
Ryorishi | Master of Flavor | Also a Doctor

“Anything you can do, I can probably reattach that.”

Run by GM Bishamon

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:08 pm

"Perhaps," said Yamada, "many in the court have been fasting already. But if we were all to go without, it would not go unnoticed."
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Married to Yasuki Nakura, Day 19
Widowed, Day 28

Kyujin

Postby Kyujin » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:39 pm

"No doubt," Kyujin says slowly, seeming to seriously consider the idea. "Of course, most people are on half-diets already, barely enough to keep going. A day without food would weaken them noticeably. On the other hand, perhaps the prospect of a feast the next day would be of great interest. I'm interested- but decide how far you want this to stretch. I imagine people who are not going to the Unicorn feast, because they cannot or will not, would not be terribly ready to sacrifice for it. Do you understand?"
Ryorishi | Master of Flavor | Also a Doctor

“Anything you can do, I can probably reattach that.”

Run by GM Bishamon

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:48 am

"I understand, Kyunin-san," said Yamada. "I know the presence of the court in the mountains does put stress on the Dragon's winter stores, and I was wondering if there is someway we could show the bonge Compassion through this."
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Married to Yasuki Nakura, Day 19
Widowed, Day 28

Return to “Store Houses”