[Day 4, late evening] A visit to the kitchens

Only the Emperor’s Chamber is more heavily guarded. Food is precious in this time of famine. Thus, Lord Shikei and the ryorishi, Kyujin, are the only souls allowed unsupervised access to the castle’s food stores.
Tamori Nikako

[Day 4, late evening] A visit to the kitchens

Postby Tamori Nikako » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:39 pm

Nikako entered the kitchen from the barracks, and kept to the side just inside the door, staying out of the way of the working people. When one passed who wasn't carring anything to or fro, she caught his attention "Please take a message for me to Kyujin-san. Tamori Nikako requests a moment of his time".
IMPERIAL NIKAKO

Doji Arami

Re: [Day 4, late evening] A visit to the kitchens

Postby Doji Arami » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:01 pm

Arami enters the kitchen, having been directed by the servants to seek the ryorishi here. When he finds the graceful Tamori already there, he hesitates for only the barest moment, then fluidly smiles and offers a bow.

"Greetings, Tamori-sama. I am Doji Arami of the Daidoji Trading Council." He calculates, taking a look at the Dragon in front of him, and takes a gamble. "You too are here in behalf of the heimin?"
Imperial AgriculturistCrane Clan Logistician Courtier Fragrant and Resplendent Hero of the People

In darkness, flowers retain their fragrance.

Since Day 12, wears a necklace with an aquamarine engraved with the Crane mon.

Kyujin

Postby Kyujin » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:45 pm

To avoid the working people in this kitchen is truly difficult! Considering the skeleton crew present, one man has to do the work of five- man and woman alike flit around the room as they efficiently work on their tasks.

And there is a man calmly but sternly addressing a young woman in the middle of it all...

"... Masao-san, this mountain tuna is so raw, it's trying to climb back up the mountain! Now, you can do better. You must! These samurai are locked in a deadly fight out there, and we must win the deadlier one. Which I cannot do, if you will not help me!"

Even the calm admonishment is enough to provoke desperate bowing from the servant. "Hai, Kyujin-san. Gomenasai! I will make ten batches to make up for this one."

"If they call for ten, they will have ten. Thank you." He dismisses her, then sees the samurai looking at her. It is well that they did not push towards him or distract him from his work. Looking briefly pained, he quickly barks a list of orders to his assistant, then walks towards the Doji and Tamori with his own apologetic bow.

"Forgiveness, please. Even after dinner, some within the castle must be fed. I am Kyujin, the ryorishi- how may I help you?"
Ryorishi | Master of Flavor | Also a Doctor

“Anything you can do, I can probably reattach that.”

Run by GM Bishamon

Tamori Nikako

Postby Tamori Nikako » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:34 pm

Doji Arami wrote:Arami enters the kitchen, having been directed by the servants to seek the ryorishi here. When he finds the graceful Tamori already there, he hesitates for only the barest moment, then fluidly smiles and offers a bow.

"Greetings, Tamori-sama. I am Doji Arami of the Daidoji Trading Council." He calculates, taking a look at the Dragon in front of him, and takes a gamble. "You too are here in behalf of the heimin?"

Nikako is not surprised truly to see the crane, but perhaps pleasantly so. She returns his bow with a gentle smile of her own "A pleasure Doji-sama, I am Tamori Nikako, and you are indeed correct"

Polite greetings done, she turned back to the ryorishi "We will not take much of your time. I wish to know what are to be done with the leftovers from tonights feast?" she asked quickly and calmly as to not drag the matter out. The man was busy enough, and delaying him would only hurt her very purpose there.
IMPERIAL NIKAKO

Doji Arami

Postby Doji Arami » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:50 pm

Arami gracefully follows Nikako's lead and echoes her concern to Kyujin so as not to take too much of his time away from his duties.

After nodding respectfully, he says, "Indeed. The wonders you and your staff create - what are to be done with those that are uneaten?"
Imperial AgriculturistCrane Clan Logistician Courtier Fragrant and Resplendent Hero of the People

In darkness, flowers retain their fragrance.

Since Day 12, wears a necklace with an aquamarine engraved with the Crane mon.

Kyujin

Postby Kyujin » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:57 am

Kyujin looks blankly at the samurai, but quickly recovers his composure before bowing calmly.

"Your pardon, Doij-sama, Tamori-sama- what little is left over is given to the servants. Once it was a treat to eat like samurai. Now it is the main meal they expect. Without the food from the master's table most of my staff would surely starve."

Run by GM Bishamon

Tamori Nikako

Postby Tamori Nikako » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:23 am

Only a well-kept On kept Nikako from frowning, but there was sympathy in her eyes. She shouldn't have been surprised to find it was so, yet still..

"Thank you for your answers and your time Ryorishi-san, that will be all" she bowed her head slightly, showing the man the proper respect for honouring his work and having taken his time.
IMPERIAL NIKAKO

Kyujin

Postby Kyujin » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:03 pm

"Togashi-sama..." Kyujin puts a hand to his lips brirfly, before bowing deeply in apology.

"Thank you for asking. I understand that you wished to help people who really are starving. We need everything right now, but most of all the people need some hope. If there is anything we can do to assist you..."

Run by GM Bishamon

Tamori Nikako

Postby Tamori Nikako » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:25 pm

Nikako cocked an eyebrow ever so slightly "This court is for nothing, if not an attempt to bring the land together again and attain peace. There is hope in that, I think. But it is our duty to protect the people, as much as it is to serve, and we shall do all in our power to honour both Ryorishi-san" she inclined her head to him slightly. "But what of Togashi-sama? Please, continue".
IMPERIAL NIKAKO

Kyujin

Postby Kyujin » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:16 pm

Kyujin shakes his head with a small smile.

"You are not the only one with the thought of feeding the peasants, Tamori-sama. The friend I mentioned earlier spoke of anonymous packages of food to Two Heavens Village. Perhaps you could find out if their path moves with your own."

Run by GM Bishamon

Return to “Store Houses”