[Day 15 EA] In search of meat

Only the Emperor’s Chamber is more heavily guarded. Food is precious in this time of famine. Thus, Lord Shikei and the ryorishi, Kyujin, are the only souls allowed unsupervised access to the castle’s food stores.
Utaku Yamada

Re: [Day 15 EA] In search of meat

Postby Utaku Yamada » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:52 am

"I do not believe we have met," she said. "I am Utaku Yamada, Delegation Head of the Unicorn Clan."
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Married to Yasuki Nakura, Day 19
Widowed, Day 28

Daigotsu Oroku

Postby Daigotsu Oroku » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:08 am

"Daigotsu Oroku. I am of Lord Kendo's bodyguard." He took another puff, letting Yamada choose her next words.
Just being evil and smoking my pipe.

GMed by Shahai

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:19 am

Yamada was silent. She almost startled. The personal body guard of the Onyx Spider Lord.
"I am sure you perform your duty admirably, Daigotsu-sama," she said, giving him a wide smile. "Are you here to see Kyujin?"

Every muscle in her body was tense, ready in case she had to react. I hope he will be bsck soon
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Widowed, Day 28

Daigotsu Oroku

Postby Daigotsu Oroku » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:35 am

"No. Simply enjoying the air and stretching my legs. Standing post can be a rather tiresome duty at times." He inhaled another breath of hot smoke mixing with chill mountain breeze. "Was there a service you required?" He betrayed neither sarcasm nor sincerity. Just a statement of formality.

GMed by Shahai

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:49 am

"No, no thank you," she said. "I am waiting for the Ryorishi to come back."
Widowed, Day 28

Daigotsu Oroku

Postby Daigotsu Oroku » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:48 am

"I hope he does not keep you waiting." Oroku paid a mirthful smile and again on his pipe. He parted towards the training grounds.

/Exit Oroku

GMed by Shahai

Kyujin

Postby Kyujin » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:44 pm

Yamada had basically turned around, only to find Kyujin gone again. Honestly!

It takes a few minutes before the ryorishi returns, clearly put out. "I'm just surprised the castle hasn't burnt to the ground yet, some of my newer staff love overcooking so much... Now! I think earlier you were talking about a very -different- style of meat preparation. Honestly, Utaku-sama: I hope you have the necessary spices with you, because I have no idea where I am even going to find gall-lick, much less use it in food. And of course I have no idea how to cook it myself. But I take it you need a full kitchen to do it properly, eh?"
Ryorishi | Master of Flavor | Also a Doctor

“Anything you can do, I can probably reattach that.”

Run by GM Bishamon

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:58 pm

"Umm...I don't think so," said Yamada. "The Unicorn are used to preparing in our camp, this will be nothing new to us. Perhaps you could have some of your cooks observe the preparation? We Unicorn are happy to pass on our ways. As for the garlic, yes we do have it. It should compliment the meat well. It is rather pungent but it has a number of medicinal properties as well, particularly during winter. We can give you some, the gardeners will find it quite easy to grow."
Widowed, Day 28

Kyujin

Postby Kyujin » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:34 am

Kyujin bobs his head after considering this for a time. "Well... it sounds like you have everything in hand, then. I'll come myself, if time permits. Court has the kitchen working constantly and I serve at the pleasure of my lord. But if the Unicorn feast was something they supported? Yes, I would make time to come."
Ryorishi | Master of Flavor | Also a Doctor

“Anything you can do, I can probably reattach that.”

Run by GM Bishamon

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:29 am

"Yes, my wedding will probably have it as well." She felt a little guilty talking about feasting in a time of famine. "Tell me, Kyujin-san, how much food would there spared if the entire court fasted for a day."
Widowed, Day 28

Return to “Store Houses”