[Day 20 - Midday] Calling on a Friend

Only the Emperor’s Chamber is more heavily guarded. Food is precious in this time of famine. Thus, Lord Shikei and the ryorishi, Kyujin, are the only souls allowed unsupervised access to the castle’s food stores.
Doji Arami

[Day 20 - Midday] Calling on a Friend

Postby Doji Arami » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:27 pm

Fragrant and resplendent, Doji Arami makes his way to the store houses and looks for his friend Kyujin. There was much to discuss.
Imperial AgriculturistCrane Clan Logistician Courtier Fragrant and Resplendent Hero of the People

In darkness, flowers retain their fragrance.

Since Day 12, wears a necklace with an aquamarine engraved with the Crane mon.

Kyujin

Re: [Day 20 - Midday] Calling on a Friend

Postby Kyujin » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:31 am

At the peak of midday, the service is certainly bustling. But Kyujin promptly heads over when his assistant explains exactly who wishes to talk with him. He bows happily to the Crane. "Ah, Doji-sama! How may I help you?"
Ryorishi | Master of Flavor | Also a Doctor

“Anything you can do, I can probably reattach that.”

Run by GM Bishamon

Doji Arami

Postby Doji Arami » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:55 am

The courtier nods deeply to the clearly busy man. "Thank you for seeing me despite the many demands on your time, Kyujin. I appreciate it."

A breath, long enough to signal gracefulness, but short enough to not be perceived as a waste of the ryorishi's time.

"I have spoken with Gorobei recently. He mentioned that you apprenticed under him for a few years, and since being elevated to the castle when your Lord Mirumoto ate a bowl of noodles you had personally prepared, have had little opportunity to see him once again. Would you care to join me to eat with him at his place tomorrow at [Late Afternoon]?"
Imperial AgriculturistCrane Clan Logistician Courtier Fragrant and Resplendent Hero of the People

Kyujin

Postby Kyujin » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:21 pm

Kyuijn takes a deep breath, glancing off to the side. He's clearly a bit wary of this proposal. But he looks back to the samurai and bows again.

"Your pardon, Doji-sama. I would of course like to help you with anything you wish... however, my past with my former master may prove to be a hindrance to your success, and not a help. Are you certain this is your wish?"

Run by GM Bishamon

Doji Arami

Postby Doji Arami » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:31 pm

Arami looks at the man and wonders at what lie beneath.

"What do you mean, Kyujin?"

Kyujin

Postby Kyujin » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:27 pm

Kyujin sighs, raising a hand in resignation. "I was once a noodle cook under Gorobei, that you knew. What you may not know is that we parted under acrimonious terms. He is stuck in his noodles and wanted me to advance his restaurant one day. But now, I cook for the lord of the keep himself. You can understand how the gap will be hard to divide. And it has had many years to grow."

Run by GM Bishamon

Doji Arami

Postby Doji Arami » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:36 am

"I understand. The paths of your lives diverged. You left for totally understandable reasons, but he nonetheless may have felt betrayed and abandoned. But when I spoke to him, his very words were 'it happened so long ago that the sting has gone a bit,'"Arami smiles.

"It would seem that this Winter Court is an opportune time to mend your relationship. If peace is had with the Onyx, then the reestablisment of your friendship with Gorobei would be in the celebration of the years we would all go on living. If the war continues... then is it not important to be at peace with those whose lives have touched us before the apocalypse comes?"

Return to “Store Houses”