[D9 EE] Hard won victory.

The Dragon Clan Champion keeps a limited but aptly chosen selection of tea for his guests. No reservations are required, but Lord Shikei does encourage guests to wait patiently between uses.
Yasuki Nakura

Re: [D9 EE] Hard won victory.

Postby Yasuki Nakura » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:38 pm

"No this was in the lands of the Crab. I had never been particularly worthy of serving with our Scorpion allies. I am just a very little but honest merchant and brewer. I do hope Shinjo-san makes it. If you will forgive me being a terrible gossip I do believe he has an eye for you. Which is understandable given your great charms and beauty."
Utaku Nakura • The Un-Crab Clan Courtier • Accounts Receivables Ride or Die • Arm Candy
Leit Motif
Soul of Shindo
"Perfect Kemari form and deadly handsome, I am too much."

Bayushi Onasugamiso

Postby Bayushi Onasugamiso » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:53 pm

Ona covers her mouth behind her fan and chuckles. "You are such a flatterer, Yasuki san. You will make me blush." She says. "I fear that after the events that transpired the other day in the single mingle, Shinjo san may not be as available as he thought that he would be."

"I didn't really ask you. How is your [insert the body part that Nakura had the tattoo] healing?"
Loyal * Courtier * Storyteller * Dangerous Beauty * Rep Killer * Has studied her scrolls * Description

Yasuki Nakura

Postby Yasuki Nakura » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:06 pm

"I've had to take a break from my morning kemari but it should be viewable shortly after my arms are healed. Those events are always such great sources for drama. Passion and sake make for a dangerous combination. but it did not end with imperial guards throwing everyone out so it was a great success."

Holding his cup up to his nose to smell the steam of his cup.

"It is a shame I just used up my last batch of twilight mountain tea earlier today. But such is the way I suppose. Now I do believe you an explanation for my thoughts on Kuni and wit. You see my dear the Kuni actually posess a great deal of wit. It is their training that forces them to suppress it deep within their heart. Could you imagine a Kuni that trades barbs with a tsukai? They must be viewed constantly with great awe and terror a single joke would destroy their power of intimidation."
Last edited by Yasuki Nakura on Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Utaku Nakura • The Un-Crab Clan Courtier • Accounts Receivables Ride or Die • Arm Candy
Leit Motif
Soul of Shindo

Bayushi Onasugamiso

Postby Bayushi Onasugamiso » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:10 pm

"Then I will once more ask for your forgiveness. It was clearly meant as a light, meaningless joke, but I can fully understand that some matters are not be treated in such a way." She inclines her head in apology and waits or the Yasuki to accept it.
Loyal * Courtier * Storyteller * Dangerous Beauty * Rep Killer * Has studied her scrolls * Description

Yasuki Nakura

Postby Yasuki Nakura » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:21 pm

"There is no need for apology humour is a scarce resource these days and I will supply it where I can."

Smiling he continues.

"Since Shinjo-san is not here shall we begin with my greatest victory?"
Leit Motif
Soul of Shindo

Bayushi Onasugamiso

Postby Bayushi Onasugamiso » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:25 pm

The Bayushi raises her head and beams. "I would have it no other way, Yasuki san. Sories are the currency in which I trade." She says and makes herself more comfortable as she waits for his story.

Yasuki Nakura

Postby Yasuki Nakura » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:37 pm

"It begins in the Crab lands. The Crab's enemies take many shapes and form. Not only giant demons and gibbering bakemono, but all manner shapes of beasts to innumerable to mention. It was at my cousin, Yasuki Aoikani's, wedding that I met this foul and dangerous beast. I do not know if you have had the pleasure of attending a Crab wedding but know it is an amazing affair that is in of itself a feat of endurance. To celebrate with a Crab is to truly celebrate life as it is meant to be lived. Sadly I am but a very little but honest merchant and was paired off drinking against with a Mantis sailor whose name is blurred in my mind for the rest of history. Unfortunatley I did not have the strength to maintain drinking with my esteemed companion. Not wishing shame upon my cousin for my inability to keep up with my Crab and Mantis friends. I excused myself and made my way back to my quarters. It was then the beast attacked me. Foul and shapeless it's white form coming at me from too many angles to defend and making noises like the sounds of branches snapping with its every roar. For what seemed an eternity I fought the beast only to fall exhausted. I awoke victorious, straddled across the threshold of my room, and with the beast slain before me I took my trophy."

Nakura reaches into his obi and produces a simple piece of shoji screen holding it aloft.

"That Bayushi-san is how I defeated the vile demon of shoji screens!"
Leit Motif
Soul of Shindo

Bayushi Onasugamiso

Postby Bayushi Onasugamiso » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:12 pm

The Bayushi bursts into laughter. She seems quite amused.

"Great victory, Yasuki san. Hard won, I must say." She sips some of her drink. "One would say that promising a story about your greatest victory was an excuse for meeting me again. If such thing were real, one would feel great honor for the attention given to her. Rivals are connected by a lot of things after all, mutual respect included."

"Another one would claim that you want to check me for something. In such a case, I would be equally interested in checking you." She sips some more sake.

"A third might even conclude that your sense of humor is even greater than your greatest victory. More people would find more reasons." She looks him straight into the eyes. "Whom would you advise me to listen to?'

Yasuki Nakura

Postby Yasuki Nakura » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:00 am

"No I am deadly serious about beating that screen door. I won many things that night. A deep friendship with any Mantis who hears that tale. My aunt's deepest appreciation for not embarrassing her. Most Importantly I have a tale that makes any Crab burst with laughter. Should I not enjoy time with the Dragon's guests? I mean we are both conspiring towards each others doom but that does not mean I cannot display the courteousness of a proper samurai."
Leit Motif
Soul of Shindo

Bayushi Onasugamiso

Postby Bayushi Onasugamiso » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:54 pm

"Of course, Yasuki san." She responds with a smile. "It is your sense of humor then."

Return to “The Tea House”