[D11 EE][pvt] Family meeting

The Dragon Clan Champion keeps a limited but aptly chosen selection of tea for his guests. No reservations are required, but Lord Shikei does encourage guests to wait patiently between uses.
Ikoma Shungo

Re: [D11 EE][pvt] Family meeting

Postby Ikoma Shungo » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:51 am

He shakes his head.
"No, sadly, I was beleaguered by paperwork. A quite dreadful foe, I can assure you."

He takes one bite of the offered wares; a broad, honest smile makes him look years younger:
"And I am right! Not only does your offering smell delicious, its taste is exquisite as well, milady."

//OOC: Out-time stress. Just finding myself back to the game.
Lion - 36 - Bushi - Trusted Retainer of Ikoma Hattori - Widower
Soul of Kuni Tomokazu

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:11 am

Ikoma Shungo wrote:He takes one bite of the offered wares; a broad, honest smile makes him look years younger:
"And I am right! Not only does your offering smell delicious, its taste is exquisite as well, milady."

"Who could question that expression, or the wisdom of your experience, Ikoma-san. I accept your compliment", she bows her head, confirming that yes, she did indeed make this herself like a busy homemaker that afternoon.

"As to paperwork, I've slain that oni many times, but it is more persistent than the hair growing out of an old crone's wort I'm afraid, and just as unsightly", she smiles warmly. "I do hope you won't be facing it again soon."
Scorpion Clan • Loyal • Samurai • Delegation Head
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Bayushi Onasugamiso

Postby Bayushi Onasugamiso » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:49 am

"Paperwork..." Ona says. "A silent and dangerous enemy... I avoid it as much as it is possible. I prefer handling the meetings and dealing with the delegates. Scribes can do the rest. Unfortunately the invitations for this winter were not enough to cover such a luxury."

"Apart from that... Did you make any interesting acquaintances, Shungo san?" She asks the Lion.
Loyal * Courtier * Storyteller * Dangerous Beauty * Rep Killer * Has studied her scrolls * Description

Ikoma Shungo

Postby Ikoma Shungo » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:19 pm

Soshi Kazusa wrote:"Who could question that expression, or the wisdom of your experience, Ikoma-san.

He shakes his head.
"It is not a compliment, but the simple truth; and please, we are amongst friends - may I offer you my first name as how to call me, or would that be terribly forward?"

Then he turns towards the other guest: "You truly need to try it. It is a delight."

Part of him wants to go back to work in this talk, but oh Jigoku. It's only work anyway.
Soul of Kuni Tomokazu

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:01 pm

Ikoma Shungo wrote:He shakes his head.
"It is not a compliment, but the simple truth; and please, we are amongst friends - may I offer you my first name as how to call me, or would that be terribly forward?"

Then he turns towards the other guest: "You truly need to try it. It is a delight."

Part of him wants to go back to work in this talk, but oh Jigoku. It's only work anyway.

"No, not too forward, Shungo-san", she says his name, eyes demure, cast down. "...but far too kind, a woman such as me is undeserving." She pours more tea for him, delicate in the act. "But if it is your wish you may call me Kazusa."
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Ikoma Shungo

Postby Ikoma Shungo » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:33 pm

Soshi Kazusa wrote:"No, not too forward, Shungo-san", she says his name, eyes demure, cast down. "...but far too kind, a woman such as me is undeserving." She pours more tea for him, delicate in the act. "But if it is your wish you may call me Kazusa."

"Is it not my place to call who is undeserving of using my personal name? And I call tell you, Kazusa-sama, you are deserving."

He sips from the tea; her voluntary attempt to be "Mother" has not been unnoticed.

"But, pray tell, milady, you have offered so much, how could I repay your graciousness?"
Soul of Kuni Tomokazu

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:53 pm

Ikoma Shungo wrote:"But, pray tell, milady, you have offered so much, how could I repay your graciousness?"

"I came here for your company, Shungo-san", she says simply, then motions to Onasugamiso. "If you had business with Bayushi-san, I will leave you with my offerings, and give you privacy."

a slight bow, with a smile. "If there is anything I would like from you, perhaps poetry sometime? I only know very simple wrotes, the knowledge of old masters, not my own mind. I would like to hear from one who is talented such as yourself."

Bayushi Onasugamiso

Postby Bayushi Onasugamiso » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:57 pm

"Glad to be here. With both of you." Onasugamiso says softly after a sigh. She is not bored or ignored at all. It is just a thought worth mentioning.

"Nothing serious, Lady Kazusa. Take your time." She responds to the woman on Shungo's behalf. "Poetry is a noble art. As samurai we have to excell at it, as well."
Loyal * Courtier * Storyteller * Dangerous Beauty * Rep Killer * Has studied her scrolls * Description

Ikoma Shungo

Postby Ikoma Shungo » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:23 pm

"Well, I'd be glad to offer some poetry later on; but I fear we have been neglecting Onasugamiso-san a bit. Which is even worse, since I am the host, and, worst of all, not all of my intentions were purely for company."

He sighs.
"I have to fear that I will have to ask for a favor, redeemable later on."
Soul of Kuni Tomokazu

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:05 pm

Ikoma Shungo wrote:"Well, I'd be glad to offer some poetry later on; but I fear we have been neglecting Onasugamiso-san a bit. Which is even worse, since I am the host, and, worst of all, not all of my intentions were purely for company."

He sighs.
"I have to fear that I will have to ask for a favor, redeemable later on."

Kazusa sits up more properly, sipping her tea. "Very well, Shungo-san, we are here to listen, tell us what troubles you, and how we can help you."

Return to “The Tea House”