[D14 MD] Along Comes A Woman

The Dragon Clan Champion keeps a limited but aptly chosen selection of tea for his guests. No reservations are required, but Lord Shikei does encourage guests to wait patiently between uses.
Yotsu Hagane

Re: [D14 MD] Along Comes A Woman

Postby Yotsu Hagane » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:27 pm

"As a ronin I was treated with more courtesy..." Hagane says, shaking her head in a disappointed manner. "They will have to answer for their words to their Doji ancestors. I am glad I was absent from court yesterday; from what I heard, polite discourse was traded in for Kabuki theater."

The frown stays on her face. "Today's events did not seem much better. A petition concerning your ancestral forests, and your opinions went largely ignored. You are far more patient than I would have been., or any of the other members of the court. The Isawa and Akodo would have cried war had the Crab done something similar, and never been willing to set aside their pride."
Emerald Spider Clan • Samurai • Scout • Virtuous

"Once more, the Yotsu have a place in the Empire. Onee-san... I can finally be at peace with my fate."

Kitsune Konjo

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:52 pm

"I..." the young man said, before starting again. "I won't lie to you and say that it was easy. That Yoritomo Waito sought to profit off of my Family's blood and loss. Those Yasuki not even trying to understand what they have done. It was enough to burn down the Empire and just walk away. But I am here to see the longer view. Giving in to me pride would have lost me the future. And a future with you."

Konjō takes a sip of his tea.

"The apology was given. That's what matters. But enough about the Crab. How have things been going for you? I still know so little about you. I'm eager to learn more."
Morishita Konjō • Experienced Kitsune Konjō • Mantis Clan • Shugenja • Earth • Gaijin • Friend to the Red Panda spirit • Seedplanter • Disadvantage: Delegation Head • Not your friend • Dark Oracle of Chikushudo

Yotsu Hagane

Postby Yotsu Hagane » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:03 pm

Hagane leaves it at that then, This was supposed to be a pleasant meeting between them. She ordered some barley tea and warm, fresh miso.

"Well, what do you want to know specifically? I'll admit, I'm not very used to being open."

"Once more, the Yotsu have a place in the Empire. Onee-san... I can finally be at peace with my fate."

Kitsune Konjo

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:44 pm

Konjō orders the same.

Might as well get the hard question out of the way first.

"Thanks to Naofumi's habits, I've spent a lot of time learning about plants and their properties. I was wondering if there is a name for the challenge you face this season. I would like to help, if I can," he says gently, hoping not to offend her.

"Other than that, what do you think I should know about you? Family? Hobbies? Would you allow me to give you a small gift today?"
Morishita Konjō • Experienced Kitsune Konjō • Mantis Clan • Shugenja • Earth • Gaijin • Friend to the Red Panda spirit • Seedplanter • Disadvantage: Delegation Head • Not your friend • Dark Oracle of Chikushudo

Yotsu Hagane

Postby Yotsu Hagane » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:31 pm

Hagane thinks for a moment in silence, trying to recall the words of past shugenja from her fevered dreams. Her sister had spoken on her behalf to many that traveled through Otosan Uchi,and almost all of those in the Last Legion who would humor a ronin. Was there any name they had given it before?

"No, at least I do not think there is," she said to the best of her knowledge, showing no signs of offense. They were alone after all and she had every reason to believe Konjo was sincerely concerned based upon all he had done. "It weakens my ability to fight off things like the common cold, turning them into fevers that can last weeks and leave me bedridden. I bruise easy and often, and may bleed if my body becomes physically exhausted- typically from my mouth. My stamina is no what it was when I was a young girl, fading fairly quickly. It has only worsened in years, and no one has been able to tell me where it came from. I can already feel it coming on... I woke coughing and in pain this morning."

She does not speak about anything else yet, curious to hear his reaction.

Kitsune Konjo

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:05 pm

The shugenja's dark eyes get darker as he listens to Hagane's pain.

"There may be medicines that can help your body fight. I will have to spend sometime researching to see what can be done. It could be the sickness of the land, it could..."

Konjō stops as the food is brought. He nods his thanks to the staff of the tea house as they depart. Then he looks back to his intended.

"I won't give up on you. If you can keep fighting, I will be there to support you."

Yotsu Hagane

Postby Yotsu Hagane » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:30 pm

The Yotsu smiles at that; she had to admire the man's determination, as well as his commitment to her. She was not sure what the Mantis saw in her, but it was there nonetheless.

"As I said, I will not try to stop you." She says a brief prayer of thanks for the meal. "We are all struggling against the seemingly impossible this winter, against many different enemies. Fighting alone is not as effective as in a group, so your help is not unwelcome or unappreciated." She pauses to sip her tea. "As for giving up, I have not done so these past few years that I have been ill and I will not now. Even though my life is forecast to melt away before the snows fade."

She looks at him seriously for a moment, perhaps more seriously than Konjo had ever seen the samurai-ko. "The thing I have wanted most tsince I was a young girl is to die a samurai's death. Not weak and feverish in a bed, but with a sword in my hand. It is something I feel that many take for granted."

Kitsune Konjo

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:02 pm

Yotsu Hagane wrote:She looks at him seriously for a moment, perhaps more seriously than Konjo had ever seen the samurai-ko. "The thing I have wanted most since I was a young girl is to die a samurai's death. Not weak and feverish in a bed, but with a sword in my hand. It is something I feel that many take for granted."

"There are many dangers of the land I would take you to. Enraged tigers defending a den, Oni wandering from the east, living statues rampaging after some fool spoke the wrong word in language they never learned. There are also less obvious dangers. Clouds of biting insects that sap up all vitality, fevers that have turned mighty warriors to mewling babes, a viper's kiss that robs you of all movement save your heart."

"Even in your desire to die as you've lived, you are not alone. Many samurai in Zogeku have chosen to walk into the jungle with what strength they have left rather than pass beyond the Tapestry lying in a bed. The choice is always honored."

Yotsu Hagane

Postby Yotsu Hagane » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:05 pm

"Indeed, I feel the same as them. Though... a cloud insects sounds like a horrid way to go," Hagane admits, finding the notion a bit morbid.

"Some might say that it foolish to prefer to face and Oni rather than a disease, but at least that is an enemy I can see and I can understand. I know its strengths and its weaknesses." She offers Konjo a weak smile. "However, if anyone could hope to learn how to fight that which kills me I believe it would be you..."

She lets that hang in the air a moment, before continuing. "You spoke of a gift earlier, yet Naofumi-sama has already been kind enough to give me one." She motions to the sprig in her hair.

Kitsune Konjo

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:49 pm

Yotsu Hagane wrote:"You spoke of a gift earlier, yet Naofumi-sama has already been kind enough to give me one." She motions to the sprig in her hair.

The Kitsune gives her a warm smile, perhaps appropriate now that she has agreed to be with him.

"The flowers are from him. What I have for you is a little taste of home."

He pulls out a gold silk scarf that has been tightly bound around... something.

Return to “The Tea House”