[D14 MD] Along Comes A Woman

The Dragon Clan Champion keeps a limited but aptly chosen selection of tea for his guests. No reservations are required, but Lord Shikei does encourage guests to wait patiently between uses.
Yotsu Hagane

Re: [D14 MD] Along Comes A Woman

Postby Yotsu Hagane » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:58 am

She looks at the something, as well as the gold scarf.

"And deny you a piece of Zogeku in these distant lands?" Hagane replies with a look back up; the first denial. "I could not separate you from memories of your home."
Emerald Spider Clan • Samurai • Scout • Virtuous

"Once more, the Yotsu have a place in the Empire. Onee-san... I can finally be at peace with my fate."

Kitsune Konjo

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:52 am

Konjō continues to smile as he tries to persuade Hagane to take the gift.

"There is more at home. And oddly, it is the most scarce thing we brought with us. Not to be traded, but gifted. We only have ten pounds of it."

"Well, nine now."
Morishita Konjō • Experienced Kitsune Konjō • Mantis Clan • Shugenja • Earth • Gaijin • Friend to the Red Panda spirit • Seedplanter • Disadvantage: Delegation Head • Not your friend • Dark Oracle of Chikushudo

Yotsu Hagane

Postby Yotsu Hagane » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:30 pm

"Surely this gift could be presented to another of the clans, ne? Don't waste the resources of you family upon me and me alone," she replies once more, the final refusal.

"Once more, the Yotsu have a place in the Empire. Onee-san... I can finally be at peace with my fate."

Kitsune Konjo

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:31 pm

"If my meeting with your Champion pays off, part of the nine pounds will be gifted to the Consort. It is a confection made from the seeds of the cocoa tree. How could you say no to a gift worthy of an Empress, my Lady?" Konjō asks.

Hearing the words cocoa tree, Naofumi sits up with alert, shining eyes.

Looking at his friend, Konjō says nearly laughing "You can wait until we get home."

Looking back at the vision in front of him, the young man adds "A gift worthy of the Spirit Realms, too."
Morishita Konjō • Experienced Kitsune Konjō • Mantis Clan • Shugenja • Earth • Gaijin • Friend to the Red Panda spirit • Seedplanter • Disadvantage: Delegation Head • Not your friend • Dark Oracle of Chikushudo

Yotsu Hagane

Postby Yotsu Hagane » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:32 am

Hagane seems both amused and curious at the gift.

"Ko...ko tree? You would gift me something fit for an Empress consort?" Her smile widens a little. "In that case, I will gladly accept your gift Konjo-san. How does one consume this koko?"

She takes the golden scarf and places it in her lap as she looks over the confection.

Kitsune Konjo

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:37 am

Inside the golden scarf is a block wrapped in wax paper. Inside the paper is a brown sweet smelling object that looks like it was broken off a much larger piece.

"We call it chocolate," Konjō tells her. "Break a small chunk off, you can eat it with your hands if you like. It will melt against the skin if held too long. In fact it's not unusual to see ladies in the Second City licking their fingers after eating some."

"if you want to use your chopsticks, might I suggest taking small bits at first. No bigger than half a Go stone."

Yotsu Hagane

Postby Yotsu Hagane » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:49 pm

"Is that so? Well, i do not want it to melt in my lap either," Hagane replies with a chuckle, setting the scarf onto the table. She carefully unwraps the chocolate, and takes a fresh pair of chopsticks to a small bit of it. Carefully, she brings it up to her lips...

As she takes a bite of it, she smiles widely, savoring the flavor as it melts in her mouth. Her face reddens slightly too, clearly enjoying the treat.
"This tastes amazing! I have never had anything like this before...sweet and slightly bitter at the same time." She gives him a warm smile. "Arigatou gozaimasu, Konjo-sama."

Kitsune Konjo

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:14 pm

Konjō also smiles. He would remember this moment for the rest of his life.

"It is the least I could do. And you have no need of honorifics with me. We are going to be married, you can call me Konjō. I will be sure speak with your Nakodo tomorrow to get things started."

After having some more miso, the Kitsune asks "So I now know you like chocolate. What else makes Lady Hagane happy?"

Yotsu Hagane

Postby Yotsu Hagane » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:52 am

"So, is this intended to be an early gift to celebrate the nuptials?" Hagane asks, cocking her head to the side, an impish and playful gesture. She wraps the large remainder of the chocolate to save for a later occasion.

"Very well, Konjo. Let us see, you know I like swordsmanship... and now chocolate," she says, counting things from the top of her head. "...hmmm... I suppose another hobby of mine would be reading. Many scrolls and tomes were uncovered in Otosan Uchi after it was purified, so there were always things to read growing up. I still carry an old copy of Leadership that a member of the Last Legion gifted to me, so its been what I've studied most. Though I like to read stories too."

Kitsune Konjo

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:00 pm

"I think I might of know a book we have you might enjoy. Much to the horror of the Otomo, it remains a very popular read in Zogeku," Konjō tells her. "I'll have to asks Janisha-san if she knows if we brought a copy."

Return to “The Tea House”