[D14 MD] Along Comes A Woman

The Dragon Clan Champion keeps a limited but aptly chosen selection of tea for his guests. No reservations are required, but Lord Shikei does encourage guests to wait patiently between uses.
Yotsu Hagane

Re: [D14 MD] Along Comes A Woman

Postby Yotsu Hagane » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:48 am

Hagane allows herself a small laugh at the panda, as she reached a finger out towards to test if Naofumi would let her pet him.

"My elder sister will end up inheriting our lands and any titles, so not much really from the Yotsu themselves... though perhaps helping to secure the future of the family and elevate us from the status of ronin may account for something," she says, not selfishly but rather realistically. She doesn't seem much concerned with inheritances obviously...

"Most of what I have now are simple items and weapons. Trinkets, combs, my swords..." her eyes dart across the room. "...perhaps my illness, in a way. Though my sensei did pass something down along to me."
Emerald Spider Clan • Samurai • Scout • Virtuous

"Once more, the Yotsu have a place in the Empire. Onee-san... I can finally be at peace with my fate."

Kitsune Konjo

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:47 pm

Naofumi forgoes the chocolate in lieu of get caressed by a pretty human. Especially behind the ears.

"Your Sensei?" Konjō asks her.
Morishita Konjō • Experienced Kitsune Konjō • Mantis Clan • Shugenja • Earth • Gaijin • Friend to the Red Panda spirit • Seedplanter • Disadvantage: Delegation Head • Not your friend • Dark Oracle of Chikushudo

Yotsu Hagane

Postby Yotsu Hagane » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:18 pm

So instead of chocolate the panda gives ear scritches. Seeing that they were also mostly alone, she continues her explanation.

"Hai. The Yotsu were known as one of the few ronin families to possess a style of fighting that was uniquely their own, in a similar manner that some ronin otokodate have created in the past. However, we have expanded our style with a melange of techniques into our own fully fledged ryu that favors silent, quick movements suited for urban combat."

"Few Yotsu earn the privilege to learn our dojo's hidden teachings; teachings that will soon come to light as former ronin are retrained back in Otosan Uchi. I was lucky enough to impress my sensei and earn the gift of learning the foundations of our fully fledged bushi school."

"Once more, the Yotsu have a place in the Empire. Onee-san... I can finally be at peace with my fate."

Kitsune Konjo

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:26 pm

Konjō smiled as he imagined Hagane dancing through the dark underbelly of the Second City, delivering justice.

"I don't spend much time in cities, but that sounds very impressive," he remarks. "Those places can be as deadly as the deep jungle."
Morishita Konjō • Experienced Kitsune Konjō • Mantis Clan • Shugenja • Earth • Gaijin • Friend to the Red Panda spirit • Seedplanter • Disadvantage: Delegation Head • Not your friend • Dark Oracle of Chikushudo

Yotsu Hagane

Postby Yotsu Hagane » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:51 pm

"Patrolling Otosan Uchi isn't as dangerously romantic as it may sound," Hagane replies with a smirk, eyes looking back towards the Kitsune. "Not nearly as exotic a place as a jungle. Your family has rangers, hai? Perhaps the two styles are something similar."

Kitsune Konjo

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:38 pm

Yotsu Hagane wrote:"Your family has rangers, hai? Perhaps the two styles are something similar."

"Ah....no," the Kitsune says with some hesitation. "The Rangers are an order founded by Iweko the First. They work in pairs to protect the wonders of the wild. One is always a shugenja, like my mother. The other is trained in the ways of the Kitsuki Method along with learning the Kitsune path of survival, as my father is. Ranger pairs can be either based out of one location or they can wander the Wilds. There are Rangers from each of the Four Families."

Konjō is quite for a moment.

"It must be true then. Rangers only protect Zogeku."

Yotsu Hagane

Postby Yotsu Hagane » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:46 pm

Hagane closes her eyes and silently curses herself for bringing up yet another sore spot. After all, the wilds of the Kitsune Mori had been devastated as the day's dais made abundantly clear.

"I'll have to ask you to forgive my ignorance once more."

Kitsune Konjo

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:39 pm

"You have nothing to apologize for. Being with you is very comfortable and I sometimes forget where I am," Konjō reassures her.

"It does explain why, when I told the Dragon that I am son to a man trained in their ways, that all they gave were blank expressions. We have changed, it seems, in our absence."

Return to “The Tea House”