[Day 15 MID] The Generals Game

The Dragon Clan Champion keeps a limited but aptly chosen selection of tea for his guests. No reservations are required, but Lord Shikei does encourage guests to wait patiently between uses.
Utaku Yamada

Re: [Day 15 MID] The Generals Game

Postby Utaku Yamada » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:52 pm

Yamada began her game, still offensive but subtler this time. And it seemed to pay off. She was swift to capture Zetsubou's key pieces to control the endgame.

"You seem to be overwhelmed, Akodo-san," said Yamada. "Tsumi." She said, moving into the checkmate."
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Married to Yasuki Nakura, Day 19
Widowed, Day 28

Akodo Zetsubou

Postby Akodo Zetsubou » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:00 am

"Hai, so I am."

How the, where did.....How did she......GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

He look at her an bowed. "A wonderful game, sama. You are a true champion when it comes to this. And to many other things, you seem to masterfully dance through this court with ease."
Loyal-Lion-Golden Lion Eyes-Red Hair-Shugenja
Soul of Doji Nagori, Daidoji Mikado, and Seppun Teshan
I know my family's ancestors, every one, back to the beginning..would you like me to tell you what they think of you?

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:49 am

"Luck was with me," said Yamada modestly. "As for court, it is probably more like a duck gliding over a pond. It looks smooth and effortless, but underneath the surface the feet are frantically paddling."
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Widowed, Day 28

Akodo Zetsubou

Postby Akodo Zetsubou » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:38 pm

The visual image of a Yamada with her legs kicking furiously under a kimono as she walks around court brings laughter to the eyes of the Lion.

Hmm, maybe thats why she has a horse....

"Nevertheless, sama, you are doing an excellent job. You are to be commended for all you have done. I hope it will all come to fruition soon."
I know my family's ancestors, every one, back to the beginning..would you like me to tell you what they think of you?

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:57 pm

"So do I, Akodo-san," said Yamada. "But credit must also go to Akodo Kibo-san...your brother, is he not? I could not have done this without him."
She had observed Kibo's gentle, protective nature with Zetsubou the night of the memorial. It was a side she hadn't seen before.
Widowed, Day 28

Akodo Zetsubou

Postby Akodo Zetsubou » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:49 pm

A look of shock came over his face. "How...how did you know, sama?"

He looks sullen as he thinks. "I tried to keep this a secret. I wonder sometimes if he would have preferred I was not here. He is a famous gunso, he has fought in many wars, and I am, well..."

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:54 pm

"I had three older sisters, Akodo-san," explained Yamada. "This is no failure on either of your parts. I just recognised it the night of the memorial...it brought back pleasant memories."
Widowed, Day 28

Akodo Zetsubou

Postby Akodo Zetsubou » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:11 am

"I am glad to hear it brought back memories sama, but please do not let others know." He looks around "You know Kibo sama, he is a rising star. In fact, on the first day of court, Ikoma Hattori sama called him the heart of the Lion. And its true . He is the greatest of all of us."

He looks down and away from her. "People could use the fact he is related to me to harm him. He deserves better than that."

As if to illustrate his point, some peasents that pass by gasp in fear of the Lion, and look with pitty upon the Unicorn, looks that show they wished they could save her the displeasure of speaking with a creature.

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:20 am

"You have my word, Akodo-san," said Yamada. "As for Kibo-san, I have only known him for a short while, and I completely agree. To me, he is the very embodiement of an Akodo. He is someone whose respect I would very much like to earn." She cracked a smile. "Has he told you how we met?"
Widowed, Day 28

Akodo Zetsubou

Postby Akodo Zetsubou » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:30 am

He shakes his head in dissent,but does not move his gaze from the peasants, whi have gathered mor and have gone to speak to the guards, assumingly to protect the Unicorn. His eyes water, but is it for himself, or for the common man?

Return to “The Tea House”