[Day 15 MID] The Generals Game

The Dragon Clan Champion keeps a limited but aptly chosen selection of tea for his guests. No reservations are required, but Lord Shikei does encourage guests to wait patiently between uses.
Utaku Yamada

Re: [Day 15 MID] The Generals Game

Postby Utaku Yamada » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:37 am

Yamada watches them, then leaned closer to Zetsubou. "I do not care what they think," she said in a cold voice. "But I will not allow your good name to be slandered."
She stood up and swiftly crossed the room to speak with the guards.

[OOC; I guess we need a GM now?]
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Married to Yasuki Nakura, Day 19
Widowed, Day 28

Akodo Zetsubou

Postby Akodo Zetsubou » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:48 am

(Ooc-nah, we are good)

As the Utaku stands up, the peasants disperse, the guards merely bow to her, and scurry away, unwilling to get into trouble for offending a guest of the Inperial court.

Zetsubou just hangs his head, his light diminshing.

It has been two weeks, when will this stop??
Loyal-Lion-Golden Lion Eyes-Red Hair-Shugenja
Soul of Doji Nagori, Daidoji Mikado, and Seppun Teshan
I know my family's ancestors, every one, back to the beginning..would you like me to tell you what they think of you?

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:54 am

Yamada goes back to the table. "I am sorry, Akodo-san," said Yamada, taking a seat. "As I said, I do not care what they think. As a Unicorn, I understand a little what it is to be judged by appearances, and not character."
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Widowed, Day 28

Akodo Zetsubou

Postby Akodo Zetsubou » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:08 am

He smiles faintly. "Thank you Utaku Yamada sama. That means a lot to me."

While visions falsh to the many, many memories of times past, when no one would help him, the one that falshes before him is one he does not share.

It would shame the Lion if he did.

Thus he just smiles to her. "I could only imagine what has happened to you, sama, and yet you clearly are worthy of more honor than that. In many ways, I pitty them, for they will only see what is before thier eyes, and will miss the collateral beauty all around."
I know my family's ancestors, every one, back to the beginning..would you like me to tell you what they think of you?

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:12 am

Yamada nods in agreement. "And they miss what is below the surface," said Yamada. "Those shallow enough to judge the face and not the heart deserve what they get." She lowered her voice. "If you wish me to help you in this way, Akodo-san, you need only say the word. I say this as a samurai and hopefully as a friend."
Widowed, Day 28

Akodo Zetsubou

Postby Akodo Zetsubou » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:19 am

He nods "Perhaps only those who show compassion understand the deeper, truer world around us. For that you have my deepest respect. And while I apprecaite the offer, I must decline. In some ways, what they do protects them from the possibke darkness, and so I will endure."

He pasues and lowers his voice to the ground. "Its just a little frustrating, sometimes, when you try to show people the light, to remind them all is not lost, to show them there is hope, just to be dismissed because you do not look the same, act the same."

He looks towards the embassy, and chuckles "I guess, just like home."

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:26 am

Yamada nods in agreement. "I could say to not mind such people, but words can cut deeper than the sharpest sword," said Yamada. "My offer is there if you change your mind." She refilled their cups and looked down at the board. "Perhaps we should have another game?"
Widowed, Day 28

Akodo Zetsubou

Postby Akodo Zetsubou » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:31 pm

He haakes his head. "While I apprecaite the offer, I must discuss something far, far greater with you..."

He pauses so his on can return, and he speaks. "After today, sama, you have proven to be of the highest honor, and worthy of the message I have for you, from someone, but I must demand that this stays between us."

If she agrees, the Lion will continue "We must be not the samurai that Rokugan deserves, but the ones it needs."

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:37 pm

Yamada looked at him in amazement.

How did? How did he know?

"Inaho...but..." She put down her tea cup before she dropped it. "How did you know?"
Widowed, Day 28

Akodo Zetsubou

Postby Akodo Zetsubou » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:41 pm

He raises his hand. "Before I say anymore, do you agree agin to tell no one of tbis?"

Return to “The Tea House”