[Day 17 MID] Thoughts of the young to the old

The Dragon Clan Champion keeps a limited but aptly chosen selection of tea for his guests. No reservations are required, but Lord Shikei does encourage guests to wait patiently between uses.
Utaku Yamada

Re: [Day 17 MID] Thoughts of the young to the old

Postby Utaku Yamada » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:44 am

Yamada nodded in agreement. "Togashi-sama, I must confess that had you spoken to me a year ago, or even shortly before court began, you would find me the last person who was willing to sit in a garden, or a tea house, and discuss philosophy." She looked into her cup. "As a bushi, as a shiotome, my way is clear, defined. I know my world, I see my enemies and I eliminate them. But now..." She looked from her cup up at him. "Something has changed. And it's unsettling."
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Married to Yasuki Nakura, Day 19
Widowed, Day 28

Togashi Gozato

Postby Togashi Gozato » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:03 am

"A life well-lived must be lived in balance," offers Gozato simply. "A samurai serves, yes, but if they serve too long at war, their soul grows burdened with war. A soul requires rest in life if they are to grow. What you may think of as unsettling is merely that you are growing, Utaku-sama.

"The beauty of these mountains reveals itself in the perspective it can give you on your life. You stand on the mountain, and you see how small everything is in comparison."
Togashi Gozato
Monk * Tattooed * Sensei * Love Letter
Benten's Blessing

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:14 am

"Forgive me, Togashi-sama but when I see these mountains I see walls," said Yamada. "Cutting me off, cutting everything off. I want to feel the wind, see the sun...see the path ahead of me on the plains." She laughed again. "I must sound like a frustrated child."
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Widowed, Day 28

Togashi Gozato

Postby Togashi Gozato » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:19 pm

"I understand," offers Gozato with a slight shake of his head. "From the plains, these mountains must seem as a wall, and it is that very appearance which will remain in your mind... but before you leave, may I offer you a suggestion?"

He sips his tea, and lowers his head.

"Find a mountain which stretches up above the clouds, Utaku-sama. Climb it, and watch the morning sun rise over the clouds of the night... I promise you, you will never see the mountains the same as before."
Togashi Gozato
Benten's Blessing

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:27 pm

Yamada considers this. "I might try that," she says. "my duties often fill my days. I go from here to a war council. My time is very often not my own."
Widowed, Day 28

Togashi Gozato

Postby Togashi Gozato » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:10 pm

"Then I hope you live long enough in this life to have the opportunity," offers Gozato quietly, sipping his tea. "The mountains become low hills in a plain that stretches as far as your eye can see in all directions, and if you catch it just before dawn... it is like the plain itself is made of light."
Togashi Gozato
Benten's Blessing

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:25 pm

"Plains of light, like gold..." She sipped her tea, thinking. "Though if I live half as long as you, Togashi-sama, then I should that should be enough to see the whole world. Just...not the things I most want."
Widowed, Day 28

Togashi Gozato

Postby Togashi Gozato » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:57 pm

"And what is it that you want?" asks Gozato with a lifted eyebrow. "It is said that the way of the Unicorn is the way of the open heart, and for your heart to be open, truly you must know it?"
Togashi Gozato
Benten's Blessing

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:02 am

"I want my home, which was taken from me," said Yamada. "I want my family, which was torn from me. And I know these two things are impossible to get back, even as I want them." She spoke emphatically, quickly. "Everyday I work towards our goal, retaking our lands. It's all I think about. But I know, even when it is done, when the final Onyx monster falls, it will not be the same. Not as it was, it cannot be." She looked down into her cup so he would not see her tears.
Widowed, Day 28

Togashi Gozato

Postby Togashi Gozato » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:10 am

"If one spends their life in pursuit of that which was lost, one will come to death find only ashes in their hands," offers Togashi Gozato quietly, his expression saddened around his stoic demeanor. "It is said that, when leaving home for war, take stock of all that is there. The world one leaves does not stand still, but continues forward on a different path, and you may never find them again."

He falls silent at that, and sits for a long moment, simply sipping his tea.

"Just because it cannot be as it was does not mean that you cannot rebuild. As long as there is life, there is hope, Utaku-sama. Is that not the teachings of Shinjo-no-Kami?"
Togashi Gozato
Benten's Blessing

Return to “The Tea House”