[Day 19, EE] A break up from afar (Private)

The Dragon Clan Champion keeps a limited but aptly chosen selection of tea for his guests. No reservations are required, but Lord Shikei does encourage guests to wait patiently between uses.
Bayushi Onasugamiso

[Day 19, EE] A break up from afar (Private)

Postby Bayushi Onasugamiso » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:27 am

The Bayushi has arranged for a private room to be prepared. She sits there in a seiza waiting for her guest to show up. Sake and light food is already on the table in front of her.
Loyal * Courtier * Storyteller * Dangerous Beauty * Rep Killer * Has studied her scrolls * Description

Ikoma Shungo

Re: [Day 19, EE] A break up from afar (Private)

Postby Ikoma Shungo » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:34 pm

Shungo arrives quickly. He wear comfortable clothing; nothing too fancy, but still adequate for a meeting with a close acquaintance. Tonight, he has no present prepared.

He steps up to the young Scorpion, and bows:
"Greetings, Onasugamiso-san. It is with great pleasure that I read your invitation. How do you fare?"
Lion - 36 - Bushi - Trusted Retainer of Ikoma Hattori - Widower
Soul of Kuni Tomokazu

Bayushi Onasugamiso

Postby Bayushi Onasugamiso » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:11 pm

The woman raises from her seiza and bows to the Ikoma. "Blessings upon you and yours, Shungo san. I have been faring well. Please, join me." She says and waits for him to take a seat before doing so herself. "I trust that you have also been faring well. How has court been treating you so far?"
Loyal * Courtier * Storyteller * Dangerous Beauty * Rep Killer * Has studied her scrolls * Description

Ikoma Shungo

Postby Ikoma Shungo » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:51 am

He sits down beside the young woman.
"Oh, I think you know how court has been treating me, young lady", he says with an avuncular grin.

"Besides the usual work, of course. And how about you? Are your plans progressing?"
Soul of Kuni Tomokazu

Bayushi Onasugamiso

Postby Bayushi Onasugamiso » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:35 am

"Some do, some others remain stuck." The woman takes a seat and pours some sake for both of them. "Akodo Zetsubou san has proved to be quite valuable in some of my efforts this season, but to be honest I invited you here tonight for one of my plans that involves you and yours. One that I feel I have neglected to work on as much as I should."

Ikoma Shungo

Postby Ikoma Shungo » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:29 pm

He tilts his head.
"Then, pray, do tell, m'lady. What exactly are you planning?"

Short, sweet, almost to the swordpoint in its bluntness. But there is no hostility in his voice.
Soul of Kuni Tomokazu

Bayushi Onasugamiso

Postby Bayushi Onasugamiso » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:46 pm

"I am planning to have a heir and for that I need to get married. Whether Taro san is going to be involved in the process or not is irrelevant." The woman responds equally bluntly with a sweet yet tone and a pleasant smile. "I hope that you understand the importance of the issue for both me and your son. We cannot remain bound to a betrothal that doesn't lead anywhere."

Ikoma Shungo

Postby Ikoma Shungo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:07 am

The older man nods.
"Of course. I understand the problem; I would be dishonest if I'd say that this has not been on my mind as well. The current political climate, as it is, makes the entire matter... difficult."

His voice has become reasonable, not cold, but chilly; still not aggressive, but calculating.
"What do you suggest?"
Soul of Kuni Tomokazu

Bayushi Onasugamiso

Postby Bayushi Onasugamiso » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:24 pm

"Well, the marriage contract was part of an agreement that given the war has no value anymore. Once we thought that the Scorpion and the Lion are to walk this realm as allies, but that was a long time ago, before either me or him were born. I simply suggest that you agree with me and the resolution I will try to bring. Specifically I ask you to be present in court tomorrow and agree with me that the Emerald Empire needs an Imperial Nakodo who can handle marriages and betrothals, either between the clans or between the Empires." She chuckles. "An Imperial Nakodo. As it was!"

Ikoma Shungo

Postby Ikoma Shungo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:48 am

The old lion leans back, and thinks. And thinks some more.

"I agree with that idea, actually. But here is the question - what Empire are we talking about? Who shall be the one to make the decision. And - and this is the most ugly thing of all - won't that lend credence to the idea that both the Onyx and the Kingdoms are legitimate? Do not misunderstand me, my young friend - an Imperial nakodo is a good tradition. But how to you want to play this? For if I have these misgivings, others - with more influence - will have them surely as well."
Soul of Kuni Tomokazu

Return to “The Tea House”