[Day 22 Midday] Turning Origami Cranes into Real Birds (Private)

The Dragon Clan Champion keeps a limited but aptly chosen selection of tea for his guests. No reservations are required, but Lord Shikei does encourage guests to wait patiently between uses.
Togashi Gozato

Re: [Day 22 Midday] Turning Origami Cranes into Real Birds (Private)

Postby Togashi Gozato » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:36 am

"It is possible," offers Gozato with a nod. "But you would be surprised with how much insight the Kitsuki can gain by seeing what is with their eyes, and hearing what is with their ears. It is said that a Kitsuki can look at a room and know what happened in it hours past, as keen as any shugenja. Some say they learn to see through the very Void itself."

It is not clear if he is still talking of the novels, or offering suggestions. Judging by his look, however, he is asking Kyoumi a question.
Togashi Gozato
Monk * Tattooed * Sensei * Love Letter
Benten's Blessing

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:53 am

Kyoumi looks intrigued. "Truly? I had no idea that the Kitsuki were so skilled. But I knew very little of Kitsuki before I came to these mountains. It truly would be a mighty thing to see, and answer many questions.

The pen moves.
Scorpion /Megumi/ is getting a spell. Will sneak in to look

She frowns. "It would be too bad if one so skilled were not honorable, like my story's poor addicted magistrate, for they could use such secrets from their investigations to wound others, or for their own good rather than the good of others. But in my story, that was the only magistrate available. He did well enough, though they never found Doji Shizue."
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Togashi Gozato

Postby Togashi Gozato » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:58 am

There is a flicker if confusion at the name and clan, and Gozato lifts an eyebrow slightly. He accepts it for the moment, however.

"Indeed, we are fortunate that the teachings of the Kitsuki family are accompanied by the highest degrees of honor," the elder ise zumi responds. "The service of the Kitsuki magistrates is invaluable to the Dragon Clan. Indeed, I am surprised they are not in greater demand thoughout the Empire. The Divine Empress was a master of their technique before being exalted by the Voices of the Sun and Moon."
Togashi Gozato
Benten's Blessing

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:04 am

Kyoumi lays down her brush, within reach of the Togashi, but not so near it forces him to take it.

"Perhaps the Kitsuki magistrates will find ways to help investigate all the mysteries that beset us. Because, Fortunes know, I'm lost. I just sing pretty songs and say sweet haiku. I just guess and have my hunches. But..." she smiles.

"Did you ever wonder if Shinsei actually knew for sure what he had to do before he rounded up the Thunders? Or was he actually just someone who had a guess at something that might work and decided that it was worth following?"
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Togashi Gozato

Postby Togashi Gozato » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:15 am

Kakita Kyoumi wrote:"Did you ever wonder if Shinsei actually knew for sure what he had to do before he rounded up the Thunders? Or was he actually just someone who had a guess at something that might work and decided that it was worth following?"

"It is the teachings of the Tao of Shinsei that he was a man of great wisdom, but even he admitted that his wisdom was not as wise as it appeared," replies Gozato. He picks up the brush, and wets the end of it slightly. He reaches forward to write on the silk carefully while he speaks. "Such are the contradictions of the Tao. It is best to be the vessel, and the Tao is the well. Fill your vessel from the well, and quench your thirst for wisdom. But it is when the vessel is empty that it is of the most use."

What can I do to help?

With that, he sets the brush down within Kyoumi's reach.
Togashi Gozato
Benten's Blessing

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:25 am

Kyuomi pauses. She takes up the brush, but her hand is limp. There is a hint...just a hint...of tears at the corners of her eyes.

She suddenly looks so, so very young.

She doesn't write any more, just looking at the ancient Togashi, and she finally says, aloud, "I'm not Shinsei. Or a leader. I'm only a poet singing songs in the dark. If I am pushed too hard...I'll fly away. I can't give the gift of certainty. Only...dreams. Do you understand? But isn't that a start?"
Appearance

Togashi Gozato

Postby Togashi Gozato » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:49 am

Gozato nods to Kyoumi, and his expression softens.

"If that changes, let me know," he requests simply. "If anything changes... let me know. I do not ask as the student to the teacher, Kakita-sama. I ask as one servant of the Celestial Heavens to another. We both have our work ahead of us. If there is some way I can make your task easier, I will."
Togashi Gozato
Benten's Blessing

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:54 am

Kyoumi tucks her furoshiki cloth and her calligraphy brush into her obi again. "Thank you for joining me for tea. I'm sorry if our discussion got terribly off track. Starting talking about the Statement of Intent, and ending in mystery novels. That seems to happen for me. But if you have any insights for me from any of these statements from the Onyx...more ideas are always a good start."

She stands and bows.

It really was the last of the sweetest tea.
Appearance

Togashi Gozato

Postby Togashi Gozato » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:03 am

Togashi Gozato returns the bow from the seated position.

"I would say only that, when words are spoken, it is good to remember the source," offers the elder ise zumi. "Of course, they believe their Lord to be invincible and all powerful. How else to excuse their service to him?"
Togashi Gozato
Benten's Blessing

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:05 am

"Well, that we will have to determine from the Statement of Authority, won't we?" she asks. "The formal documentation of enemy charges at Winter Court. So complicated. So essential. Fortunately, it seems, even Kanpeki bows to the correct paperwork, when necessary. Fortunately, the Crane will do all they can to assist."
Appearance

Return to “The Tea House”