[Day 22, Mid-Day] To Split a Centipede - Lion / Mantis

The Dragon Clan Champion keeps a limited but aptly chosen selection of tea for his guests. No reservations are required, but Lord Shikei does encourage guests to wait patiently between uses.
Yoritomo Waito

[Day 22, Mid-Day] To Split a Centipede - Lion / Mantis

Postby Yoritomo Waito » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:24 pm

At the tea-house, at a table far bigger than a true ascetic might require, a lone bald and green-clad monk sits in contemplation of a set of cups, as if expecting something to happen - or waiting for someone to arrive.
Midori

Monk • Experienced Yoritomo Waito

As of Day 21, not Waito

The merchant placed the coins in the monk's hand, and to his delight, the man only smiled and handed out more.

Final day

Tsuruchi Mao

Re: [Day 22, Mid-Day] To Split a Centipede - Lion / Mantis

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:40 pm

Tsuruchi Mao flopped down next to the monk, unable to contain her frown. She spent a long minute staring unashamedly at the former Admiral, brows furrowed.

"I miss your hair," she deadpanned.

This whole business stinks.
Nativist Mantis * Natural Ascetic

"Why can't I make arrows from this bamboo? Why else is it planted here?"

As of Day 13, carries a strip of black cloth in her obi upon which is stitched a kingfisher in blue and orange.

Yoritomo Waito

Postby Yoritomo Waito » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:44 pm

Tsuruchi Mao wrote:"I miss your hair," she deadpanned.

"Of the things Waito left me, Tsuruchi-sama, the hair was the least useful," the monk observes. "It's still in a bag at the embassy, if'n you want it."
Midori

As of Day 21, not Waito

The merchant placed the coins in the monk's hand, and to his delight, the man only smiled and handed out more.

Final day

Tsuruchi Mao

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:54 pm

Yoritomo Waito wrote:
Tsuruchi Mao wrote:"I miss your hair," she deadpanned.

"Of the things Waito left me, Tsuruchi-sama, the hair was the least useful," the monk observes. "It's still in a bag at the embassy, if'n you want it."

Mao scrunched up her nose.

"No thanks, it looks--looked better on y--on Yoritomo Waito."

It wasn't even the hair she missed, but everything else. Until that moment, Mao had not considered Waito a friend, but as someone she was sort of fond of and to whom she owed a debt. Now she knew he was her friend, but she didn't know how to say all that.

And she felt silly for all that because he wasn't actually dead, but she knew he'd hate what happened to him, and he'd never be able to reverse it, and that was sort of the same thing.

"You allowed to drink sake?" she asked at last.

As of Day 13, carries a strip of black cloth in her obi upon which is stitched a kingfisher in blue and orange.

Yoritomo Waito

Postby Yoritomo Waito » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:05 pm

Tsuruchi Mao wrote:"You allowed to drink sake?" she asked at last.

"The Book of Duties proscribes such intoxicants, Tsuruchi-sama," the monk informs her with a nod. "Guess all the contemplatin' would be on less celestial matters if monks were gettin' drunk all the time."
Midori

As of Day 21, not Waito

Final day

Yoritomo Mei

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:08 pm

Mei arrives at the Tea House, she had not seen Waito since the day before and already was worried about what sermons would give when finally meet him. All she knew is that he had a major audience which he had to attend on his own and didn't told what it was about.

She is already preparing to dump her fury on Waito when she recognizes a bald monk enjoying a tea.

"HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!" the girl can't contain her laughter, but with difficulty, she recovers herself and regains her respect for the ex-admiral.

"By the Kamis, Waito-sama, what happened to you?"

Realizing that Mao was already present, she greets her with a pat on the back.

"Good day Mao-san! How is going everything today?"

((please, don't kill Mei XD))
Nativist Mantis • Merchant and Actress • Yoritomo Courtier • Dangerous Beauty • Hero of the people • Sensation

Akodo Tetsu

Postby Akodo Tetsu » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:13 pm

Tetsu hears the laughter from outside, not knowing what to expect. He enters the tea house and sees the three.. No, two Mantis and the monk sitting and moves to them bowing to each. Tetsu's gaze settles on the man formerly know as Waito.

"Greetings Mao-san, Mei-san, greetings sama. Did I miss a joke?"
Lion - Tactician - soul of Akodo Yama

I am a Lion, hear my roar "Rawr" ='w'=
Bio & appearance

Tsuruchi Mao

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:14 pm

Yoritomo Waito wrote:"The Book of Duties proscribes such intoxicants, Tsuruchi-sama," the monk informs her with a nod. "Guess all the contemplatin' would be on less celestial matters if monks were gettin' drunk all the time."

"Whoever wrote the Book of Duties never had Feni," Mao muttered. Louder: "Then I'm buying us all spicy food."

She waved for the attention of some servant.

"And I hate the -sama," she continued. "Is someone gonna kill you for using my name?"

At Mei's arrival, the Tsuruchi narrowed her eyes, then told herself to lighten up. She flinched at the courtier's touch, but again, let it pass. She nodded in return to Tetsu.

Akodo Tetsu

Postby Akodo Tetsu » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:27 pm

Tsuruchi Mao wrote:"Whoever wrote the Book of Duties never had Feni," Mao muttered. Louder: "Then I'm buying us all spicy food."

"The Book of Duties? Isn't that written by Shinsei?"
Lion - Tactician - soul of Akodo Yama

I am a Lion, hear my roar "Rawr" ='w'=
Bio & appearance

Tsuruchi Mao

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:32 pm

Akodo Tetsu wrote:
"The Book of Duties? Isn't that written by Shinsei?"

"Ask the monk," came the simple reply.

What's Shinsei got to do with anything?
Last edited by Tsuruchi Mao on Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Tea House”