[D21 LE] An uncertain meeting [Private]

The Dragon Clan Champion keeps a limited but aptly chosen selection of tea for his guests. No reservations are required, but Lord Shikei does encourage guests to wait patiently between uses.
Yoritomo Mei

[D21 LE] An uncertain meeting [Private]

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:30 pm

Mei had arrived earlier for her meeting and already enjoyed a tastiful tea while awaiting the arrival of her guest.

She was uncertain as to what awaited her, but curiosity led her to dangerous places and she was willing to confront them to satisfy it.
Nativist Mantis • Merchant and Actress • Yoritomo Courtier • Dangerous Beauty • Hero of the people • Sensation

Yogo Katsuyori

Re: [D21 LE] An uncertain meeting [PRIVATE]

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:36 pm

Katsuyori was also early, he checked around the establishment, noted the height from the windows and sadly could not find any ladder. His back will hurt again tomorrow.

When he was satisfied with his knowledge of the perimeter entered the tea house. He checked people spotted the Yopritomo and then went out again.

He put on his dragon mask and in the entrance removed his cloak. He wore a crimson kimono. He bore no visible weapon but his satchel was attached to his obi.

He approached the courtier.

"Yoritomo-san blessings upon you and yours." He bowed.
Scorpion Clan • Loyal • Shugenja • Wardmaster • Kuroiban
Description - Post D26 I mainly use my Death mask (check description), Post D27 I got Dreadlocks

Yoritomo Mei

Re: [D21 LE] An uncertain meeting [PRIVATE]

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:53 pm

Yogo Katsuyori wrote:"Yoritomo-san blessings upon you and yours." He bowed.

Mei receives Katsuyori with a broad smile "Blessings upon you and yours too, Yogo-sama! Are you having a good day today?"

She had not seen Katsuyori's compulsive behavior before he came in, but if she saw, she would not understand or care anyway, for she was not the most insightful person.

"Please Yogo-sama, feel comfortable!" she says, inviting him to sit.

She gently holds her kimono sleeves to serve tea for Katsuyori. As he could see, she had delicate hands, but marked by a rough life. Her little scars were carefully hidden with makeup.
Nativist Mantis • Merchant and Actress • Yoritomo Courtier • Dangerous Beauty • Hero of the people • Sensation

Yogo Katsuyori

Re: [D21 LE] An uncertain meeting [Private]

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:03 pm

"I can't complain. It had its ups and its downs though."

Katsuyori sat himself where she suggested. He pulled his cup from his sleeve and offered it to her.

"I have my own cup, thank you."

If she thought that she had scars maybe he should show her his body. Hunting zombies, then Phoenix, then Lion and then becoming the prey of your own kin does that. Polvora was just the extra twist o top it all. He said nothing though, just smiled beneath his dragon mask, with how much these people thought they had it ruff.
Description - Post D26 I mainly use my Death mask (check description), Post D27 I got Dreadlocks

Yoritomo Mei

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:35 am

"Like every day here at Court, Yogo-sama," she responds with a smile "are you enjoying your stay?"

When he takes a cup out of his sleeve, she is a little surprised.

This is a man who walks prepared for all the eventualities of life!

"I'm sorry Yogo-sama, I believe I didn't learn about you enough to understand your particularities! Let me serve you in the correct cup" she gently holds her kimono sleeves to serve tea for Katsuyori again. A servant comes and takes the cup she had previously served him and she takes a sip of her own tea.

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:13 am

Katsuyori chuckled.

"Worry not Yoritomo - san. I do not expect someone as young as you to be familiar with Scorpion traditions. But sure we still have time."

He reached into his satchel.

"Mind me if I smoke? Nothing illegal I ensure you."

Yoritomo Mei

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:30 am

"And are you willing to teach me some traditions, Yogo-sama?" She asks, with a glint in her eyes.

Much knowledge was lost with the Islands destruction, so any charity is appreciated.

She doesn't enjoys tobacco so much, yet she doesn't want to deny the intimidating man.

"Make yourself comfortable to smoke, Yogo-sama!"

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:56 am

Katsuyori lit up his pipe and any misunderstanding on what he was smoking was dispelled.

"It's hashish or something equally hard to pronounce. It grows in the Burning Sands. It's a recreational drug,not really popular in Rokugan and thus legal." He exhaled a rather large cloud.

"I don't mind talking about tradition, despite me not being a traditionalist. Yet current setup won't do. I don't speak about anything important when in public spaces where I do not control access."

Yoritomo Mei

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:10 pm

Yogo Katsuyori wrote:"I don't mind talking about tradition, despite me not being a traditionalist. Yet current setup won't do. I don't speak about anything important when in public spaces where I do not control access."

"Oh ..." Mei gasps "a recreational drug that is legal?" her youthful curiosity spoke very loudly in these moments "and how does it look like the hashish smoking sensation, Yogo-sama?" asked, a girl who had never enjoyed smoking anything until then.

"Aren't you a traditionalist, Yogo-sama? Because I had a different impression about the Scorpion so far! I mean... at least before the Dais!"

"So you're a progressive?"
Last edited by Yoritomo Mei on Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:16 pm

"I find the whole subject irrelevant. Both factions had some strong points and some weak points. As for my clan you should remember that as always we were in both sides of the division. Picking sides is inefficient in my mind."

He got up and motioned to her to join him.

"As for the herb, it's green like most plants, it has a rather characteristic aroma and in that strain comes from the Burning Sands. There are various strains. I have my personal stock from Beiden province. To a point it has similar effects with opium, but to a more reasonable level that allows the user to remain able to function. It really helps with temper and to a point brings the blessing of Kisada-no-fortune to its users, in a peculiar way that I can not describe. I noticed that it's effects some times manifest on people not using it while near someone that smokes it. I have yet to study this effect to an adequate level since sadly I doubt I would get enough volunteers to use it and then answer my questions."

He was having a nerdgasm.

"This has nothing to do with me wanting to change the place of our discussion. Although if you would partake I will prepare a pipe for you."

He left her alone for a little and went to make arrangements for a room upstairs. He requested for food, tea and sake. He also asked for a room that faces north (since the entrance was to the south) and a small bell, to facilitate communication with the servants. He instructed for the logger to be sent to the Scorpion Embassy.

"So shall we?" He said to the young Yoritomo.

Return to “The Tea House”