[Day 29, EE, Private] Schrodinger's tea and riceballs.

The Dragon Clan Champion keeps a limited but aptly chosen selection of tea for his guests. No reservations are required, but Lord Shikei does encourage guests to wait patiently between uses.
Moshi Janisha

Re: [Day 29, EE, Private] Schrodinger's tea and riceballs.

Postby Moshi Janisha » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:50 pm

((OOC: No problem))

Janisha paused for a moment, "Ok, I suppose I can play this game. Given that I have no choice in the matter, I suppose I should simply make a suggestion... it is for the good of the Empire, I assure you."

Janisha takes a riceball and eats it for a moment, "I have no knowledge of war, of battle, of strategy. This marriage is almost certainly going to be painted a political, rather the one of love...and if I am marrying for politics, its best to marry someone I can trust to lead the Mantis in war, and translate the Shogun's plans to me. Of course I will have Yoritomo and Tsuruchi advisers in this matter...but some times the Clan Champion should decide the final path."

And I may need help with that.

She paused and then continued, "I presume however, even with my offered advice, you have someone in mind already? I hope its not someone declared a traitor to the Empire, for my appointment it going to sit poorly with some already. If they are openly Scorpion...well, some may see this as a move to pull the Mantis to the side of darkness no matter what I say."
•Colonial Mantis • Disturbing Countenance (unhealthy pale skin) • Gaijin Name •
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Bayushi Onasugamiso

Postby Bayushi Onasugamiso » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:46 pm

"We know politics, Moshi sama. Worry not. Your future husband will be a Scorpion, but can appear to be from any clan that is considered better at the time." She sips some tea. "He will not be a general, though. Or a courtier. Or anything else you may think you need, simply because we think otherwise. You are going to need spiritual guidance and... control, Moshi sama."
Loyal * Courtier * Storyteller * Dangerous Beauty * Rep Killer * Has studied her scrolls * Description

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:36 pm

"A fair point of view, Bayushi-san," Janisha takes a sip of her tea, "Although to what end? This one has noticed the words "Oracle" thrown around a lot, and yet she who I am supposed to be Oracle to considers me naive...although not to an untreatable degree.

So I should ask I suppose... is it the view of the Scorpion that I should move more towards what the Fortune of Blood wants me to be, or away from it? Do you want a mortal Moshi or an Oracle?"

She truly doubts that either her OR the Scorpion's opinion on the matter were as important as Shahai's but still, she was curious what those who would seek to control her wished her to be.
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Bayushi Onasugamiso

Postby Bayushi Onasugamiso » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:22 pm

The Bayushi chuckles. "I am sure that you know better than to ask such a question. The Scorpion cannot predict what a dark fortune's will is. It would be presamptous, if not simply a sin."

"As to what end... As a precaution, Moshi sama. You need an expert on your side. Someone who will be able to understand you and help you through the change if the Mother of Blood decides to maintain her attention on you. You shouldn't be mistaken and believe that you will not change. It will start mildly. A soothing voice that will help you relax when on tention. Then it will start offering solutions to whatever caused the tention." She reaches for her cup and sips some tea with her eyes always at the Moshi. "No matter how strong you may think that you can prove to be, it will be stronger. It will offer what you want the moment you will want it. And then it will demand."

She places her cup on her lap and holds it with both hands. A faint smile forms on her face. "An expert on the matter can be both the man who will assist further co-operation with you, your clan, your protege and offer a solution appropriate to your soul's needs if it comes to that. Secrecy is within the package of service. The Scorpion value their investment on you."
Loyal * Courtier * Storyteller * Dangerous Beauty * Rep Killer * Has studied her scrolls * Description

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:19 am

"This one has dealt with Kansen whispers for many years Bayushi-san, and doubts they will change their tune any time soon. I have had the scroll since I was 14 after all."

She paused for a moment and then added, "As for the Fortune of Blood...you ever remain the most wise of your delegation, Bayushi-san. You know the pointlessness of trying to plan only a single plan against a Fortune, you accept that victory will only come with numerous redundancies, and you understand that due to the History between the Mantis and the Scorpion caution is quite advisable."

She paused and sipped her tea, "But I doubt SHE will tempt, even once my Obligation to her is fulfilled. I don't think its in her nature. Should she still desire me to follow her after my Obligation is fulfilled, I doubt I will have a choice. She is quite cunning and plays quite a long game."

"After all, surely is not coincidence that the scroll ended up in the hands of the women who would one day lead the Mantis, earn Zogeku independence and is held in high regard by its leader, is best friends with Isawa Koyo-san whose destany is quite clear at this point, and leaves this court with friends from half the clans of Rokugan who will come to her aid if called, incluuding a Kitsuki investor and a true master of ancestor magic."
Description

Bayushi Onasugamiso

Postby Bayushi Onasugamiso » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:03 am

"No, it's hardly a coincidence." The Bayushi responds with a smile. "That's exactly why you will be getting a fine anti maho and anti shadowlands expert as husband. A man who has proven himself and his will to serve the balance in Ningen do on multiple occasions. A priest who is not afraid to explore the depths of the Celestial Order as it was formed after the dark fortunes, but does so wisely. A sinner in the eyes of people, since duty demanded so, but a tender and attentive person to those he cares about. A person who already adores you as his personal goddess."

The woman leans towards Janisha and looks at her straight into the eyes. "Katsu sensei raised me after my honorable Kakita father abandoned his family. He stood by my side when my mother's lessons included building up poison resistance. He has cared for my well being and happiness like no one else has ever done. We are not family. You two will be. And Scorpion value family."

She leans back again. Her eyes are always on Janisha. This skin color, indeed, looks great on the Moshi. "I am sure that he will make you happy and proud if you allow him. If not, take it like a clan champion. Duty is a bitch." She says and winks to the fine specimen in front of her.

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:03 pm

((OOC: You pushed way to hard...sorry... but you just resolved a story that has been part of Janisha's arch since essentially the first day of court...

Her growing a Spine.))

Janisha froze, and looked at the Bayushi... really looked at her. Was this the best the Scorpion had to offer? No, she couldn't believe that. She wouldn't. If that was their plan to control her should the Fortune of Blood turn her into a monster....

But...could she do otherwise...the Scorpion had her by the neck.... and what if she became a monster...she needed a handler.

Memories began to rise unbidden from her mind...words, reminders, said over and over again, as she slowly understood them more and more.

You have the potential for greatness, if you reach out and take it. Instead you don't even choose to be a pawn. Moshi Azami is a pawn...you are just her only tool.

Show some strength and confidence, the Spider feed on the weakness of others.

unlike me you didn’t hide you, didn’t make yourself into something else, you did what was right and stood by what it meant to be Janisha, and in that moment you reminded me what it meant to be mantis, to be defiant of all and trusting in one self.

So, a clan champion... He chose well. You will be a wonderful champion. As for Megumi's plans, they are nothing now to one such as you. As champion you may override them at your leisure.

But most of all, words she had heard on the day she had arrived on the first day of court, and hundreds of times before it...and this time she actually believed it.

TO BE MANTIS IS TO BE FREE!

Leaning back she spoke, her voice cold, "Bayushi-san, I believe I misjudged you and the Scorpion. I thought you were concerned that I was going to become a monster. I thought you shared my concerns for my future as this potential oracle. I thought you were going to pick a husband who was actually fit for the job we both believed required."

"I apologise for my misunderstanding."

"Now, I am going to remind you the situation. Or perhaps inform you of things that Soshi-san has once again felt it wasn't necessary to tell you. I am Mantis Clan Champion. I have helped Yoritomo no Kami win his kingdom freedom and have helped him on his path of ascension once more. I thus have the favour of a Great Kami and Shahai-no-Fortune, and Shahai-no-Fortune put me in this position specifically to see her daughter succeed and the Onyx Throne fall. AND most importantly, despite how...uncomfortable my actions would make most Samurai, I have done NOTHING ILLEGAL."

She smiles slightly, "Or need I remind you that the 'Shinjo'-san, Yogo-san, and Susumu-san all agreed it was possible using the scroll in my possession to draw the attention of Shahai without casting Maho....and the spell in question would have left someone in the room bleeding profusely if it had been cast. Which no one was."

"What you ask would chain me to a man who, despite his great knowledge, is either insane or who has no self control. Who would not even pretend to obey me, a Moshi from a Matriarchal family. Who literally either doesn't care to be cunning, or randomly decided to light a tree on fire for no reason... I am still not sure if he was told to get arrested or is just that insane."

"And most important, you are putting a man who literally became a monster, who gave into the Taint more then the Susumu-san, the high priest to Shahai, in close and permanent proximity of a scroll that attracts tainted spirits. A man who freely admits I am a risk of him loosing his blessing and turning him into a horrible and dangerous monster once again. And that's assuming the Blessing won't just end at random at some point, because he admit he knows very little about it...and that's exactly how the last blessing of this sort ended."

"Oh and his insane plan to 'cure the taint' by taking control of the Blessing. As if his will is greater the the highest of the Dark Fortunes."

"I have a proven record resisting its temptations...he does not. In fact he has a proven record and motivation to NOT resist the temptations and already seeks a way to control the uncontrollable."

"And you want me to marry him. To have other Mantis see him in my company. To have him be around me and other Mantis constantly and in doing so showing his blatant lack of respect, his blatant lack of Chugo, and his blatant blasphemies, constantly mentioning things from the pit, tainted spirits, and the hungry dead in front of a women who never uses the words unless its necessary. No one will believe he bows to me. You can't make a world where he submits to me in public for he doesn't have the ability to pretend he serves anyone but you and Bayushi Nitoshi-dono and even that is subject to question...for he said he lets no rule bind him, not even loyalty or Duty."

"Your desire to give him a happy ending will lead to a Mantis Civil War. His desire to use me to fill the hole in his heart after Diagotsu Onita-san rejected him is bad enough, but you seek to enable him."

She offers a sweet smile, "Now....you will try again to address our mutual concerns....or I will find someone more fit to do so."
Description

Bayushi Onasugamiso

Postby Bayushi Onasugamiso » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:58 pm

Onasugamiso laughs. Quite a lot actually.

"Finally, Moshi sama!" She says at last. "You will need those teeth and the Scorpion need you to have them." She inclines her head politely in respect for the clan champion across her. "A Bayushi trained into the bushi school of our family with a talent in strategy per your request. He will be presented as either an Emerald Spider or a Crab. We will see when time comes. He will be given his own personal guard, a spiritual advisor, Yogo Katsuyori san under a diffrent name probably, and a courtier to advise him on matters of politics. All of them, no more than ten people, will be marrying into the Mantis. I believe that it was one of your clan's petitions this season after all. When would you like to get married is the only thing I need from you. That and to convene my best wishes for the family you are going to start."

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:34 pm

Janisha paused, and considered Ona's reaction, "A test, Bayushi-san? If so I thank you for it. It is one thing to declare the Mantis free in private or ones own head. A far harder task with the threat of death before you, from a clan that has had...quite a tense history with your own, and a Dark Fortune above your head...."

But...again, duty binds you...and you take another step. But a brighter one this time.

Bowing to the Scorpion she continued, "If your path did not lead to Otosan Uchi, I would ask you to join those ten. The Moshi may not be the Isawa, but I have been reminded this court that all could use a lesson in the Tao at times, and Shugenja more then most. The risk of falling into the darkness is as great, greater then the risk of being blinded by heaven's glory, as the history of the Kuni tells us."

"But if your theological education came from Yogo-san, then I am sure he will be capable."

Although to be honest, I can't imagine him quoting the Tao. That would be a very interesting discussion. The Tao according to Katsuyori....

Surely can't be worse then the Fudoists.

"As for a date," Janisha took a sip, although she barely needed to consider this, "This one suspects as soon as it can be politely arranged seems like the safest answer. I wish to have a child, at least one, and the longer I walk this path, not only is that less likely.... but it becomes more likely I will have no joyous memories to give them....or worse, will pull them down with me. An early child can be left in the Valley if need be."
Description

Bayushi Onasugamiso

Postby Bayushi Onasugamiso » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:55 pm

She nods. "I understand. Bayushi Shiroshige san, son of Shirosuke sama, the lord of Blackened Sight Castle will be available to take up on his duties, upon your order, within next season, Moshi sama. He's a good fit. His family line has received extensive training by tacticians of the Akodo in the past and the whole branch has produced samurai who excel both as warriors and as strategists." The courtier stands up and bows low. "I thank you for thinking so high of me as you say. Meeting you this winter has been a positive experience that I shall hold in my memory for the years to come. You are an intelligent and beautiful woman, Moshi sama. Keep those teeth, please. They will help us all." Another bow followed by a smirk this time. "I hope to see you again one day. Under brighter circumstances. Fare well until then, Moshi sama. Our meetings have been quite a challenge and I appreciate that."

The Bayushi walks away only to stop by the shoji screen. She tilts her head and smiles a faint smile. "The change is magnificent. Shiroshige san is a very lucky person and will be envied by many."

Return to “The Tea House”