[Day 14 EE] Hold the Door!

Residence of the Elite Mirumoto House Guard. At least a quarter of the castle’s samurai sleep here at any given time. Accommodations are sparse, though not spartan. Most of the warriors here keep books in addition to typical mementos and necessities.
Isawa Koyo

[Day 14 EE] Hold the Door!

Postby Isawa Koyo » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:24 am

As dusk begins to settle, Isawa Koyo and his aide Asako Baekho arrive at the barracks of the castle, politely asking to see the Captain of the Guard.
Phoenix Clan • Ambassador • Shugenja • Earth • Fire • Jade • Hero of the People • Soul of Asako Maemuki
Isawa Mon inside a Torii Gate, Servant: Asako Baekho, 19/M

As of Day 21, Koyo is now a Jade Magistrate and Sensei.

Mirumoto House Guard

Re: [Day 14 EE] Hold the Door!

Postby Mirumoto House Guard » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:06 am

The guards look to one another. They are young and inexperienced, likely fresh out of the dojo and barely competent. A dangerous combination. Nonetheless, one of them shrugs and trots off into the barracks to go find Renga.
Dragon Clan

“To arms! To arms!”

Run by any GM

Mirumoto Renga

Postby Mirumoto Renga » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:36 am

Mirumoto Renga arrives a few minutes later. He sees the two Phoenix and politely asks, "You wished to speak with me, Isawa-san?"
Captain of the Mirumoto House Guard

“The guest did what? Nevermind, I’ll deal with it.”

Run by GM Fukurokujin

Isawa Koyo

Postby Isawa Koyo » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:59 am

Koyo bows at Renga's arrival. "Mirumoto-sama, I have a personal request to make. Tomorrow I will be married in the Shrine of Hotei just after dusk. I seek your permission for my wedding party to return through the castle gates in the later hours just before midnight."

He bows again, acknowledging that his request unnecessarily makes the Mirumoto Guard's duty harder.
Phoenix Clan • Ambassador • Shugenja • Earth • Fire • Jade • Hero of the People • Soul of Asako Maemuki

Mirumoto Renga

Postby Mirumoto Renga » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:32 am

Renga sighs and pinches his brow. "Unfortunately, Isawa-san, I am unable to acquiesce to that request. I'm under orders to close the gates during the hour of the Rooster (6 - 8 PM) and open them during the hour of the Hare (6 - 8 AM). However, I do not wish to ruin this occasion. I will open the side gate once at a designated time. Anyone and everyone who wishes to return to the castle grounds will need to be present at that time. Anyone who is late will have to make arrangements in the village. Does that sound agreeable?"

Run by GM Fukurokujin

Isawa Koyo

Postby Isawa Koyo » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:56 am

Koyo bows again, if only to contain his joy and stop himself from smiling (that might be seen as suspicious!).

"Thank you, Mirumoto-sama. Please, if there is anything I can do to assist you in any manner in the future, let me know."

Mirumoto Renga

Postby Mirumoto Renga » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:59 am

"I may take you up on that offer, Isawa-san. If there is nothing else, I need to see to the disposition of my guards."

Run by GM Fukurokujin

Isawa Koyo

Postby Isawa Koyo » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:23 am

"Hai, Mirumoto-sama."

If only offering to fortify the castle with earth kami didn't sound like an insult.

/Scene~

Return to “Barracks”