[Day 22 EA] A friend in need

Residence of the Elite Mirumoto House Guard. At least a quarter of the castle’s samurai sleep here at any given time. Accommodations are sparse, though not spartan. Most of the warriors here keep books in addition to typical mementos and necessities.
Hikahime

Re: [Day 22 EA] A friend in need

Postby Hikahime » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:37 am

Hikahime grins to hear her words repeated, and gently brushes the tear away to the clinking of iron chains. "Hai. Hai..."

She straightens somewhat in her sitting position, taking back what small dignity is afforded to her. "I've recently been gifted some lovely red bean mochi, Mina-samas. I would be honored if you would join me for a meal."
General of the Last Legion

“I gave my husband and both children to your war. There was never a chance that I would stay out of it.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:41 am

Kousuda smiles and sits. "I would be most obliged, general." He takes a piece, and after a bite, takes the cue from Yamada. "I do not think it will come to this, and I already know how you feel about it... but... If it is necessary to ensure your survival, we could make you a samurai, Hikahime-sama. No one would be able to refute that you are more than worthy of it, and Chinua-dono would likely have you continue your work with the Legion, just the same." Kousuda speaks calmly, simply letting his friend know that the option is there.
Unicorn Clan Courtier - Hero of the People
Appearance!
We must dare to be bold in these dark times...

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:42 am

"Thank you, Hikahime," said Yamada, sitting down on the floor.

It wasn't the happiest of circumstances, or the best of places. But Yamada knew she would remember this meal over many ordinary ones.

She waited for Hikahime's answer.
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Married to Yasuki Nakura, Day 19
Widowed, Day 28

Hikahime

Postby Hikahime » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:05 am

Hikahime sets one of the mochi to her lips, taking a bite and chewing ever so slowly. Eventually, she simply points at Kousuda. "You will do everything in your power to prevent it coming to that."

“I gave my husband and both children to your war. There was never a chance that I would stay out of it.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:08 am

Kousuda nods. "Of course. I know it is not your wish, and I want to respect that. It would be as a last resort, if there is no other path." he takes another bite of the mochi.
Unicorn Clan Courtier - Hero of the People
Appearance!
We must dare to be bold in these dark times...

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:17 am

"How about looking at it another way," said Yamada. "We want you in our family. To call you kin. And I know Lord Chinua and General Taigo would be proud of that."

[OOC: Sincerity 17 http://orokos.com/roll/491281 I guess the thought counts]
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Widowed, Day 28

Hikahime

Postby Hikahime » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:36 am

"Feh," Hikahime says, waving that point off, but grinning as she does so. "If I were your kin, I would be your direct elder. And any child of mine who repeatedly disrespected the will of their elder would get a stern talking to."

Run by GM Ebisu

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:40 am

"And perhaps I would deserve it," countered Yamada, grinning back at her. "And if I recall, you've given me a stern talking to at least once already. And some marital advice. We Unicorn have lost so much we have so little to give back. Hikahime, let us give you the gift of family."
Widowed, Day 28

Doji Arami

Postby Doji Arami » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:45 am

Haihime and now Hikahime have partaken of his daifuku. Two women outside the world of samurai, brought together by red bean mochi. Arami smiles softly, and glories inside.

He picks up a piece and chews, allowing the flavor to blossom in his mouth, the sweet core delighting his palate. This would be a meal to remember.

After he has swallowed, he asks, "What happened, Hikahime?"
Imperial AgriculturistCrane Clan Logistician Courtier Fragrant and Resplendent Hero of the People

In darkness, flowers retain their fragrance.

Since Day 12, wears a necklace with an aquamarine engraved with the Crane mon.

Hikahime

Postby Hikahime » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:54 am

Hikahime shakes her head, and turns to Arami. "There was an archer in the gardens. I didn't see who he was aiming at, but I stopped him nonetheless. No honorable folk hunt something in the middle of the night in the gardens. We fought, I won. From the uproar, I've gathered I slew a samurai."

Run by GM Ebisu

Return to “Barracks”