[EVENT, Day 4, Early Evening] The Feast Begins

Residence of the Elite Mirumoto House Guard. At least a quarter of the castle’s samurai sleep here at any given time. Accommodations are sparse, though not spartan. Most of the warriors here keep books in addition to typical mementos and necessities.
Soshi Kazusa

Re: [EVENT, Day 4, Early Evening] The Feast Begins

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:35 pm

Daigotsu Yukari wrote:"I have not. But then, my... spiritual knowledge is... less than priestly. That task largely falls to others."

"That is unfortunate, but knowing one's limitation is important", Kazusa replies. "I might be willing to open a dialogue if this meeting with Haihime-san goes well."
Scorpion Clan • Loyal • Samurai • Delegation Head
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Bayushi Inaho

Postby Bayushi Inaho » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:55 pm

Yoritomo Mei wrote:
Mei joins the greetings to the handsome 'Shinjo' who had just arrived "Greetings, gentleman! I fear we did not have the opportunity to be introduced!"she makes a deep bow while saying such words and waits while Yasuki Nakura makes the introductions.

"Indeed it is a pleasure to meet you, Mei-san. You speak of your Admiral.... are you one of the famed Mantis sailors that still brave the increased dangers of the oceans?", Inaho asks with curiosity
"Shinjo Inaho""Unicorn Clan" • Duelist • Dangerous Beauty • Fan of Horses • Dark Edge Native
Kanshi on the 9th Day • Refuses to compromise with treason
Soul of Bayushi Karyudo

Isawa Akiko

Postby Isawa Akiko » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:58 pm

The Asako near the doorway moves forward and takes her seat; the Isawa shugenja follows not long after, on composed, eyes down. She takes a seat, and remains lost in thought for a moment.

When a servant brings a tray, she lifts her gaze, studying first the servant's face closely before glancing at the tray. She shakes her head, murmuring a polite refusal, and lets the servant move off to serve another.

{{OOC: feel free to approach if you'd like}}
Isawa shugenja • dice shaker • perfect of posture • player of Shamisen • Servant: Asako Hanae 18/F
Phoenix decoration along sleeves, kawaru symbols along hem & secondary collar
Since day 15, wears woolen scarf of blue, white and grey geometric pattern

Shosuro Megumi

Postby Shosuro Megumi » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Gyushi Dotai wrote:Dotai sighs, "The simple answer is yes. The real answer is that the means by which it was done is limited. The supposed blood of a dead gaijin god. Regardless if its blood of a god creature or not it is one of the most scarce items in Rokugan and it came with no instructions on its use."

Not even years of training and all the blessing of the air kami in the world could have prevented her On from slipping in that moment. She blinks. And then there is look of sheer hope before the masks returns.

It is possible! Bless Amaterasu, it is possible! She can save her!

She whispers.

"I already know your heart's desire. I have one too. Not an entire city, with surrounding lands, not even a village. Just. One. Person. We can have an exchange of wishes..."
Last edited by Shosuro Megumi on Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shinjo Megumi • "Unicorn" Clan • Courtier • Loremaster • Shugenja • Air
As of day 12 wears a necklace with a star sapphire with a Unicorn mon. As of day 21 she is a Jade Magistrate.

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:28 pm

Soshi Kazusa wrote:"That is unfortunate, but knowing one's limitation is important", Kazusa replies. "I might be willing to open a dialogue if this meeting with Haihime-san goes well."

"I suppose we'll see, won't we Soshi-sama?"

I'm fairly confident you're more likely to keep your physical health than that capering buffoon.
Spider * Daigotsu Bushi * Honorary Rinjin
Wears a necklace with a pearl carved with a Spider mon.
"The Maw. Iuchiban. Kali-Ma. Fu Leng. We've killed them all. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by you."

Soul of Tonbo Taira/Isawa Taisho

Gyushi Dotai

Postby Gyushi Dotai » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:21 pm

Shosuro Megumi wrote:She whispers. "I already know your heart's desire. I have one too. Not an entire city, with surrounding lands, not even a village. Just. One. Person. We can have an exchange of wishes..."

For the first time ever in public his face changes, no smile, nor smirk, his eyes even seem to dim. His right hand clenches over his left forearm as if in pain his voice a whisper, "I...can't. My wish is but ash on my tongue." He tongue wets his lips as he looks down at his shaking hand, "That which you desire can't be given by my hands."

Slowly oh so slowly he lets go of his left arm, "Lord Shibatsu-sama has allowed some negotations for the remainder of the substance to reclaim lost land. I'm afraid you'll have to excuse me Shinjo-sama, it seems I'm in for a all night armor crafting session to appease my master."

He shakily gets to his feet.
Emerald Spider * Courtier * Armour-smith * Uninvited * Benten's Blessing * Dangerous Beauty Soul of Gyushi Kageto
Description

Shosuro Megumi

Postby Shosuro Megumi » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:00 am

Gyushi Dotai wrote:For the first time ever in public his face changes, no smile, nor smirk, his eyes even seem to dim. His right hand clenches over his left forearm as if in pain his voice a whisper, "I...can't. My wish is but ash on my tongue." He tongue wets his lips as he looks down at his shaking hand, "That which you desire can't be given by my hands."

Slowly oh so slowly he lets go of his left arm, "Lord Shibatsu-sama has allowed some negotations for the remainder of the substance to reclaim lost land. I'm afraid you'll have to excuse me Shinjo-sama, it seems I'm in for a all night armor crafting session to appease my master."

He shakily gets to his feet.

No! Not now she is this close!

Her thoughts are racing. She pushed down on the desperation trying to claim her.

"And what if I know of another gaijin god? Ganesha has returned. I believe he can be summoned..."
Shinjo Megumi • "Unicorn" Clan • Courtier • Loremaster • Shugenja • Air
As of day 12 wears a necklace with a star sapphire with a Unicorn mon. As of day 21 she is a Jade Magistrate.

Yoritomo Mei

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:07 am

Yasuki Nakura wrote:"It has been my great dissatisfaction that I have yet to speak again with my friends among the Mantis my dear and you have remedied this. If you would be willing to listen again to what you do generously call music remarkable I am at your service merely ask. I have an old bottle of O-Ushi's hammer I have kept off the books and if there is anyone who can take its punch it is my most hearty friends in the Mantis"

Subtlety was not one of Mei's strengths "Oh, so you plan to kindly share this classic with your old friends! This is a very kind invitation which I could not refuse, my dear sir! Just tell us the time and place, that there we will be!" so she said, while wondered if Yusuke Nakura has such a strong stomach for sake as she has.
"This dissatisfaction was also mine, Sir! And fortunately you have allowed me to remedy it and strengthen our ties! Surely I would like to hear such a pleasant melody again! I think we're going to form a beautiful musical couple!" she says in a friendly and relaxed tone.

Bayushi Inaho wrote:"Indeed it is a pleasure to meet you, Mei-san. You speak of your Admiral.... are you one of the famed Mantis sailors that still brave the increased dangers of the oceans?", Inaho asks with curiosity

"HAH!" she exclaims with joy "Famed Mantis sailors, you say!"

Mei was not the modest type, so her face was illuminated by a broad smile after receiving the compliments "Indeed, my dear Sir!" she says, closing her eyes and putting her hands firmly on her waist "I'm surprised that Unicorn knows the Mantis so precisely! And very honored, I should add!" after a brief pause, she complements "We are the heroes of the ocean, Sir! What you call dangers, I call home!" so she said, apparently amused by what was told.
Nativist Mantis • Merchant and Actress • Yoritomo Courtier • Dangerous Beauty • Hero of the people • Sensation

Yasuki Nakura

Postby Yasuki Nakura » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:24 am

Yoritomo Mei wrote:Response

"I have the good fortunes of being available on the sixth day evening. I would be more than happy to entertain my friends."
Utaku Nakura • The Un-Crab Clan Courtier • Accounts Receivables Ride or Die • Arm Candy
Leit Motif
Soul of Shindo
"Perfect Kemari form and deadly handsome, I am too much."

Gyushi Dotai

Postby Gyushi Dotai » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:08 am

Shosuro Megumi wrote:"And what if I know of another gaijin god? Ganesha has returned. I believe he can be summoned..."

He pauses, "I don't know that one...but its a location based thing the way we used it. Everything in the location, everything was affected." His face slides into a shakey smile and he bows, "It was a pleasure speaking with you. I hope the Unicorn and Lord Shibatsu's Spider can continue to working together towards peace."
Emerald Spider * Courtier * Armour-smith * Uninvited * Benten's Blessing * Dangerous Beauty Soul of Gyushi Kageto
Description

Return to “Barracks”