[Day 18 LA Open] Sixth Trial: Sincerity and Dedication

None could honestly say the gardens of Shiro Mirumoto are the most glorious, at least not since the Dragon Clan's setting of the trend centuries ago. But they are still serene and provocative in the way that only the Dragon can make them. A few evergreens dot the landscape. Stones here are plentiful and the winter snow compliments, rather than subdues, its beauty. The evergreen plants here have been pruned and arranged to represent the winter of the life of Mirumoto who died in his prime fighting during the Day of Thunder
Tsuruchi Mao

[Day 18 LA Open] Sixth Trial: Sincerity and Dedication

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:45 pm

Tsuruchi Mao paced the gardens lazily, awaiting her audience. She had rehearsed her words about a million times and even tried writing them down once. This was definitely one of the more worthy trials, unlike the handstand. Though she wondered if Kuniken had really wanted to test sincerity, or was just looking to embarrass her delegation. She was soon to find out.
Nativist Mantis * Natural Ascetic

"Why can't I make arrows from this bamboo? Why else is it planted here?"

As of Day 13, carries a strip of black cloth in her obi upon which is stitched a kingfisher in blue and orange.

Yasuki Yamase

Re: [Day 18 LA Open] Sixth Trial: Sincerity and Dedication

Postby Yasuki Yamase » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:59 pm

A tired Crab returned to the Gardens, looking about to see how things were different here, in the light of day.
Bushi * Crab Clan * Kuge * 1213 Topaz Champion * Iron Scales of the Carp

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:24 am

Yukari returned to the gardens.

The thought of Oroku's ignominious death made her a little happier, simply being there.
Spider * Daigotsu Bushi * Honorary Rinjin
Wears a necklace with a pearl carved with a Spider mon.
"The Maw. Iuchiban. Kali-Ma. Fu Leng. We've killed them all. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by you."

Soul of Tonbo Taira/Isawa Taisho

Kitsune Konjo

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:08 am

Kitsune Konjō came back to the Garden in the castle to find more ingredients for the medicine he was working on. He didn't want to disturb the Dragon's gardener if he didn't have to.

Seeing Tsuruchi Mao again, the summoner walks over and bows to the huntress.
Morishita Konjō • Experienced Kitsune Konjō • Mantis Clan • Shugenja • Earth • Gaijin • Friend to the Red Panda spirit • Seedplanter • Disadvantage: Delegation Head • Not your friend • Dark Oracle of Chikushudo

Tsuruchi Mao

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:54 pm

Kitsune Konjo wrote:Kitsune Konjō came back to the Garden in the castle to find more ingredients for the medicine he was working on. He didn't want to disturb the Dragon's gardener if he didn't have to.

Seeing Tsuruchi Mao again, the summoner walks over and bows to the huntress.

Mao hesitated before returning the bow, uncertain how this interaction would go. She honestly didn't think Konjo liked her much, but he had always treated her with civility.

"Kitsune-sama. I am sorry to drag you all into the cold. I won't keep you long."

As of Day 13, carries a strip of black cloth in her obi upon which is stitched a kingfisher in blue and orange.

Shosuro Tosaku

Postby Shosuro Tosaku » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:02 pm

Rio walked over towards where the story was going to be told. He sat down in a spot that would give him a few giving a slight inclined bow of the head to Mao. He said nothing just made himself comfortable so that he could listen.
"Unicorn" Clan - "Utaku Rio"- married to Utaku Kimiono - shadowed heart
as of day 12: wears a star sapphire pendant with the unicorn mon.
"From a barren wasteland the impossible can arise."

Kitsune Konjo

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:15 pm

Tsuruchi Mao wrote:"Kitsune-sama. I am sorry to drag you all into the cold. I won't keep you long."

"Think nothing of it Tsuruchi-san. May a call you Mao-san?" he asks.

"I was going to be up here anyway. I have a rather difficult task ahead of me. Why not be of service, and stand witness to yours?"
Morishita Konjō • Experienced Kitsune Konjō • Mantis Clan • Shugenja • Earth • Gaijin • Friend to the Red Panda spirit • Seedplanter • Disadvantage: Delegation Head • Not your friend • Dark Oracle of Chikushudo

Tsuruchi Mao

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:34 pm

Kitsune Konjo wrote:"Think nothing of it Tsuruchi-san. May a call you Mao-san?" he asks.

"I was going to be up here anyway. I have a rather difficult task ahead of me. Why not be of service, and stand witness to yours?"

Mao hesitated again. She didn't like the familiarity of letting people use her name. Waito and Rin she allowed because of what she owed them. Mei she allowed because she was finding it difficult to deny the young woman anything. On the other hand, she'd never been so tired of being assumed to be just "a Tsuruchi."

"I--I thank you for asking." Most people don't bother. "I--my apologies--I prefer that you didn't use my name."

She shifted her weight from foot to foot uncomfortably. Damnit, Mao. Why did you keep your name through gempukku if you didn't want it used?

"Perhaps I can help you with your task?" she tried hopefully.

Kitsune Konjo

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:56 pm

Tsuruchi Mao wrote:"I--my apologies--I prefer that you didn't use my name."

Konjō almost frowns. He settles for a mental sigh, mostly annoyed with how badly he's bungled relations with his cousins.

"I see. Tsuruchi-san, then. Hopefully one day I can earn enough of your trust to move beyond that," he says.

Tsuruchi Mao wrote:"Perhaps I can help you with your task?" she tried hopefully.

"That is kind of you to offer. What do you know about medicinal herbs?"

Tsuruchi Mao

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:03 pm

"It is not a matter of trust," Mao hurried to reply. "It's--well, it's rather silly, and a story I am willing to share another time."

She considered the question of herbs.

"I have no formal training in herbs," she admitted. "And I daresay my names for them would be different than what you use. But I do pay attention to the plants I see when I'm in the wilds. I remember where they grow."

Her cheeks warmed a touch.

"I don't think I'll be much use to you."

Return to “Gardens”