[D22 EE]We're All Freezing, Don't Die Yet(Ask)

None could honestly say the gardens of Shiro Mirumoto are the most glorious, at least not since the Dragon Clan's setting of the trend centuries ago. But they are still serene and provocative in the way that only the Dragon can make them. A few evergreens dot the landscape. Stones here are plentiful and the winter snow compliments, rather than subdues, its beauty. The evergreen plants here have been pruned and arranged to represent the winter of the life of Mirumoto who died in his prime fighting during the Day of Thunder
Soshi Kazusa

Re: [D22 EE]We're All Freezing, Don't Die Yet(Ask)

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:50 am

Kazusa nods slowly. "Have the others...Rio, Megumi...have they offered to take word to your student in our care, if you would wish to pass anything along to her?"

His inner fire is out of control, burning his earth, the that he can barely breathe...he shouldn't be outside.

If it were simply the taint...but not, the fortunes have cursed him with a slow and painful death...why?
Scorpion Clan • Loyal • Samurai • Delegation Head
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Togashi Gozato

Postby Togashi Gozato » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:07 pm

Soshi Kazusa wrote:"Have the others...Rio, Megumi...have they offered to take word to your student in our care, if you would wish to pass anything along to her?"

"These others you speak of," replies Gozato simply. "They have not approached me at all, Soshi-sama. Regardless... there is something in the embassy which will be brought to them, should the time come before the end of court. But thank you for the thought to such."
Togashi Gozato
Monk * Tattooed * Sensei * Love Letter
Benten's Blessing

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:47 pm

Togashi Gozato wrote:"These others you speak of," replies Gozato simply. "They have not approached me at all, Soshi-sama. Regardless... there is something in the embassy which will be brought to them, should the time come before the end of court. But thank you for the thought to such."

"I see...", Kazusa remains silent a moment. "Then there is not much time, your days draw dimmer, like our Empire. Given that, what is it you truly plan to do?"
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Togashi Gozato

Postby Togashi Gozato » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:52 pm

Soshi Kazusa wrote:"I see...", Kazusa remains silent a moment. "Then there is not much time, your days draw dimmer, like our Empire. Given that, what is it you truly plan to do?"

"To continue at my task until it is either complete or I am unable to do so," offers the elder ise zumi simply. "My Lord gave me an order. Confront the Great Clans, speak to them the truth of their actions, and make them decide to turn away from their sins and towards Heaven... or embrace them, knowing doing so is their own destruction. So far... I am certain of only two Clans which are turning towards Heaven. And I truly wish I could claim it was the Dragon Clan among them."
Togashi Gozato
Benten's Blessing

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:02 pm

Togashi Gozato wrote:"So far... I am certain of only two Clans which are turning towards Heaven. And I truly wish I could claim it was the Dragon Clan among them."

"There is too much anger and pride, that is what I see", she nods, folding her arms a bit angrily. "I wish I could be of more help, but I am guilty of it as well. I cannot stand idly by while these clans make fools of themselves, if I am damning myself for correcting a stray mutt, I am tempted to let it be so..." she sighs and relaxes a bit. "Though it is not my wish, to be true, Gozato-sensei. I wish this Empire to survive, even if it must change to do so...even if it goes against all that I know and have fought for, but these samurai of the Great Clans are lost, almost entirely. They cannot abide being reminded of failure, cannot grow from their mistakes, they think that every other is the problem, rather than themselves and are angered when reminded of the truth."

She picks up her tea cup.

"It is maddening, and I know that I am, in a manner of speaking, the problem" she says, then explains. "Difficult to understand, guarded, prideful, foolish...it is disgusting how I have thrown myself at their mercy and been rebuffed, it is not the manner in which I was taught to serve and it as brought me insults to my clan's honor, duels, and the thinnest veil of etiquette to cover for their contempt."

Togashi Gozato

Postby Togashi Gozato » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:48 pm

Soshi Kazusa wrote:"It is maddening, and I know that I am, in a manner of speaking, the problem" she says, then explains. "Difficult to understand, guarded, prideful, foolish...it is disgusting how I have thrown myself at their mercy and been rebuffed, it is not the manner in which I was taught to serve and it as brought me insults to my clan's honor, duels, and the thinnest veil of etiquette to cover for their contempt."

"I recall a book I once read, which spoke of a nameless samurai of the Scorpion Clan who killed his dearest friend and Imperial Lord," offers Gozato plainly. "He did so without regret, for regret would be a sin. He sat in his Lord's chair, even as the other samurai of his Lord gathered to fight him for his actions. They did not know why he acted, could not know the greater good the Scorpion strove for. In this novel, during his final duel, the nameless Scorpion's blade missed its target and cleft the seat of his slain lord. Only then did he weep, as he felt his opponent's blade cut him down. And so the nameless Scorpion was made the villain by the victor, and none learned of the disaster which never came to pass."

It is not a subtle metaphor, but perhaps the time for subtle metaphors is at an end. Gozato lowers his head in respect to Kazusa.

"The Celestial Heavens stand with you and yours in what you have told me, Soshi-sama. And though others may bring you insult... Know the Dragon Clan has seen your honor. And shall remember it always. You may be the ones who save us all."
Togashi Gozato
Benten's Blessing

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:15 pm

Togashi Gozato wrote:"The Celestial Heavens stand with you and yours in what you have told me, Soshi-sama. And though others may bring you insult... Know the Dragon Clan has seen your honor. And shall remember it always. You may be the ones who save us all."

"You discredit yourself in being so kind to me, Gozato-sensei", Kazusa returns the respect. "I will do with it what I can, and if that saves the Empire, I hope you rest well."

"Now, there are a number of things...firstly, this scroll. It's meaning is dire, as I suggested. It is meant to be a prayer to the fortune of blood. Someone at this court has her ear, or is perhaps worse, getting word from her...we believe it revolves around Haihime. It would seem her grandmother has plans for her. I detest the thought of it being helpful, but as a Scorpion, the possibility cannot be ignored."

She smirks a bit wryly. "As an old man with little time and less left to lose, what are your thoughts? I do not suggest to make use of the scroll, but time is of the essence."

and we are running out of it...

Togashi Gozato

Postby Togashi Gozato » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:54 pm

Soshi Kazusa wrote:"As an old man with little time and less left to lose, what are your thoughts? I do not suggest to make use of the scroll, but time is of the essence."

"Has it been brought to her attention?" asks Gozato simply, lifting an eyebrow. "You have informed the Jade Champion, and... the rest of the Chosen are likely too busy handling other matters to devote the attention this requires. May I ask... how did you find this scroll? Where? In what circumstance? I am no Kitsuki, but I am not unfamiliar with their methods. These questions can lead to a great deal of insight as to who did this, and why.

"As for my other thoughts... There is a disunity among the forces of the enemy. I can say more, but not now or here."
Togashi Gozato
Benten's Blessing

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:02 pm

Togashi Gozato wrote:"Has it been brought to her attention?" asks Gozato simply, lifting an eyebrow. "You have informed the Jade Champion, and... the rest of the Chosen are likely too busy handling other matters to devote the attention this requires. May I ask... how did you find this scroll? Where? In what circumstance? I am no Kitsuki, but I am not unfamiliar with their methods. These questions can lead to a great deal of insight as to who did this, and why.

"Not as yet, I believe it may be too dangerous for her. As to the scroll's origins, it came from the colonies, and is older than the formation of Zogeku."

Togashi Gozato wrote:"As for my other thoughts... There is a disunity among the forces of the enemy. I can say more, but not now or here."

"There is indeed, none know this better than us", Kazusa nodded. "There are a number of those outside the Onyx who still look within, doing what they must."

"You have met with the others, you have called those from each of the Clans, Onasugamiso is among them. She tells me what she will, I leave her meetings to her as she operates better that way. Though I must ask you your opinion, are they ready for what we have to say?"

Togashi Gozato

Postby Togashi Gozato » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:27 pm

Soshi Kazusa wrote:"You have met with the others, you have called those from each of the Clans, Onasugamiso is among them. She tells me what she will, I leave her meetings to her as she operates better that way. Though I must ask you your opinion, are they ready for what we have to say?"

"In truth, I do not believe so," offers Gozato simply. "The Phoenix Clan are. I have seen that with my own eyes, heard it with my ears. The Crane Clan... perhaps. They are filled with doubt and fear, though. The Unicorn Clan have turned their own courtesy and compassion into a trap, unable to simply do what must be done and damn the consequences. The Lion Clan have forgotten the truth of honor in their pursuit of victory. The Dragon Clan have lost sight of the past in an effort to preserve it. The Crab Clan... have not even truly spoke with me."

The elder ise zumi falls silent after that, taking a moment to catch his breath. He glances again towards the fire.

"Bayushi-sama and I... have had a falling out. I was foolish, and spoke my thoughts too quickly. But I have every confidence in her pursuit of the proper path. She will do her part. It falls to me, now, to do mine."

Gozato turns back towards Kazusa, and lowers his head in gratitude.

"Thank you, Soshi-sama. Your questions have... put a matter in my mind to rest. My task has no more time for riddles or subtlety. It is time I speak the truth, and damn the consequences."
Togashi Gozato
Benten's Blessing

Return to “Gardens”