[D22 EE]We're All Freezing, Don't Die Yet(Ask)

None could honestly say the gardens of Shiro Mirumoto are the most glorious, at least not since the Dragon Clan's setting of the trend centuries ago. But they are still serene and provocative in the way that only the Dragon can make them. A few evergreens dot the landscape. Stones here are plentiful and the winter snow compliments, rather than subdues, its beauty. The evergreen plants here have been pruned and arranged to represent the winter of the life of Mirumoto who died in his prime fighting during the Day of Thunder
Togashi Gozato

Re: [D22 EE]We're All Freezing, Don't Die Yet(Ask)

Postby Togashi Gozato » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:30 pm

Soshi Kazusa wrote:"If she is given no choice, then I hope she takes the offer, but she may choose death...she seems a person of deep principle."

Yogo Katsuyori wrote:"I can convince her if you want me to do so." Katsuyori simply stated.

"If she chooses death, it would be best if she were to be assassinated by the agents of the Onyx Empire," says Gozato coldly, his own expression ashen. "Let her become in death the symbol that leads the Unicorn Clan back to the side of the Celestial Heavens, and be lifted up as the Fortune of Ashigaru."

Gozato glances only once at Katsuyori, then back to Kazusa.

"That leaves the Crab and the Crane. The former, I admit I do not know them well enough to speak their sins to their face. The latter... they have fallen from the Left Hand of the Emperor. They concern themselves with food and armies, yes, necessities... but they do not inspire the spirit as they should. They are not the grace of Lady Doji, envy of all."
Togashi Gozato
Monk * Tattooed * Sensei * Love Letter
Benten's Blessing

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:38 pm

Togashi Gozato wrote:"If she chooses death, it would be best if she were to be assassinated by the agents of the Onyx Empire," says Gozato coldly, his own expression ashen. "Let her become in death the symbol that leads the Unicorn Clan back to the side of the Celestial Heavens, and be lifted up as the Fortune of Ashigaru."

That would be foolish...

Togashi Gozato wrote:"That leaves the Crab and the Crane. The former, I admit I do not know them well enough to speak their sins to their face. The latter... they have fallen from the Left Hand of the Emperor. They concern themselves with food and armies, yes, necessities... but they do not inspire the spirit as they should. They are not the grace of Lady Doji, envy of all."

"The Crab are a simple matter, no insult to their duty or their lives, they like to keep it that way themselves", she says. "I will do what I can with them...but as for the Children of Lady Doji, I have nothing. I have spoken with them, I have faced them in the dueling ring, I have been shunned by them, as have all those who wear the Scorpion mon...what we have been unable to do is treat with them properly. The distance is too wide, their pain too great. They hide themselves behind a fence of gaijin pepper and wait for the end."

"Perhaps the failing is my own, for not giving them the gentleness of their mother."
Scorpion Clan • Loyal • Samurai • Delegation Head
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:42 pm

Katsuyori wanted to say something, but Lady Kazusa did not reply to his request for instructions earlier.

He took out his pipe and lit it up.
Scorpion Clan • Loyal • Shugenja • Wardmaster • Kuroiban
Description - Post D26 I mainly use my Death mask (check description), Post D27 I got Dreadlocks

Togashi Gozato

Postby Togashi Gozato » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:02 pm

Soshi Kazusa wrote:"Perhaps the failing is my own, for not giving them the gentleness of their mother."

"Not everyone will be saved," states Gozato plainly, and by his tone... those are not his words originally. They are words he has been told. He takes as much of a breath as he can, lifting his hand to run over his bald scalp. "Perhaps that is their sin. Their fear. They focus too much on trying to save themselves that they forget the greatest moment of a samurai's life, the most perfect moment, is their very last. They must accept their death, and cease to fight it. It is the kharmic strike that must be swung, when a samurai abandons all hope of survival and chooses only to kill their enemy perfectly."

He shakes his head at that, letting the remains of the breath out.

"I will begin the path with the Lion then. Their sin is, at least, the clearest. If I survive that, then the Unicorn. If I survive that, then I can concern myself with the Crane, then the Crab, then the Mantis. Not all will listen, but I have to pray that enough will."
Togashi Gozato
Benten's Blessing

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:23 pm

Togashi Gozato wrote:"I will begin the path with the Lion then. Their sin is, at least, the clearest. If I survive that, then the Unicorn. If I survive that, then I can concern myself with the Crane, then the Crab, then the Mantis. Not all will listen, but I have to pray that enough will."

"Allow me to share some of this burden, Gozato-sensei", Kazusa bows. "I have a polite relationship with the Lion, I believe I can appeal to them in a way that will be heard earnestly."
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Togashi Gozato

Postby Togashi Gozato » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:26 pm

Soshi Kazusa wrote:"I have a polite relationship with the Lion, I believe I can appeal to them in a way that will be heard earnestly."

"I do not feel that this is a matter which can be handled politely, Soshi-sama," replies Gozato plainly. "And while you are most skilled with a blade, I am old and a monk. I can speak things others cannot because of where I stand, and because I am not afraid of death. A swift blade might honestly be preferably to my other options, in truth. Whomever speaks this truth to the Lion Clan is facing death... and you are of more value to this work than I."
Togashi Gozato
Benten's Blessing

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:31 pm

Katsuyori offered the pipe to the monk. He was not blind after all.
Scorpion Clan • Loyal • Shugenja • Wardmaster • Kuroiban
Description - Post D26 I mainly use my Death mask (check description), Post D27 I got Dreadlocks

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:32 pm

Togashi Gozato wrote:"I do not feel that this is a matter which can be handled politely, Soshi-sama," replies Gozato plainly. "And while you are most skilled with a blade, I am old and a monk. I can speak things others cannot because of where I stand, and because I am not afraid of death. A swift blade might honestly be preferably to my other options, in truth. Whomever speaks this truth to the Lion Clan is facing death... and you are of more value to this work than I."

Kazusa takes a short moment to compose herself.

"Well, in truth...my relationship with the Lion is more, and very much less, than polite", she says. "I have a very strong bond of trust with one of them...it is not something easily broken when you consider what it is. I cannot tell you it's full nature, you will have to trust me." She warms her cup with a pour. "I think Akodo Kibo will listen to me, as will Akodo Tetsu."

Though I would hate myself if I took advantage of Shungo...not after what Ona-chan has gone through with him.

Togashi Gozato

Postby Togashi Gozato » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:45 pm

Yogo Katsuyori wrote:Katsuyori offered the pipe to the monk. He was not blind after all.

Not blind at all, but if there was anything that Katsuyori could do to strike Gozato mute? It would appear that offering the pipe was it. Gozato just stares at the pipe for a long moment, then up towards the Yogo's mask. He tilts his head quizzically for a moment to the side, then just... carefully... slowly... raises his hand in a polite refusal.

"Thank you, no, Yogo-sama," he offers simply. "I... No, thank you."

Soshi Kazusa wrote:"I think Akodo Kibo will listen to me, as will Akodo Tetsu."

Turning back towards Kazusa, Gozato gives a thoughtful nod.

"The path of the nine dragons is my task, Soshi-sama," he offers in reply. "It is something I must see done. But... I acknowledge your expertise in this, and I trust your intent. I would speak with them first as my words would not be subtle, and they may anger. You could come to them later, and speak the words as you would. Ensure it is listened to. Perhaps, that way, we will increase the odds they will hear them."

He pauses at that.

"But if you believe you will see a greater result with your way... So be it. I will seek the Unicorn Clan."
Togashi Gozato
Benten's Blessing

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:51 pm

Togashi Gozato wrote:"But if you believe you will see a greater result with your way... So be it. I will seek the Unicorn Clan."

The Soshi considers every word he says, picking them apart here and there, keeping the goal in mind.

What do you learn from him? Is it what he is teaching? The lesson is the way, the way is a lesson.

"I will come to you again, on that matter", she tells the monk. "It will be to sing of my success, or to inform you they are ready to listen. The Unicorn...well, I think they need the most help, it would be best you go to them. If you require aid, speak with Rio-san, tell him I sent you to him."

She sighs. "It is a pity Ide Hideshi no longer guides them. I prefer his practicality to Utaku-san's self-righteous temper."

Return to “Gardens”