[Day28 EE} Blades of grass, sheathed in snow. (open)

None could honestly say the gardens of Shiro Mirumoto are the most glorious, at least not since the Dragon Clan's setting of the trend centuries ago. But they are still serene and provocative in the way that only the Dragon can make them. A few evergreens dot the landscape. Stones here are plentiful and the winter snow compliments, rather than subdues, its beauty. The evergreen plants here have been pruned and arranged to represent the winter of the life of Mirumoto who died in his prime fighting during the Day of Thunder
Suzume Kenichi

[Day28 EE} Blades of grass, sheathed in snow. (open)

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:37 pm

So this is it. The petitions had been heard and all that remained was the closing statements of the clans. Would that provide more drama? It seemed as if the day's events had more than catered in that department.

Kenichi reflected on deceased husband of the Utaku maiden, the former Crab, the man who died in such unusual circumstances. It all seemed very strange. Only the day before she had tested out her iaijutsu on Michio, Karasu, and Kenichi himself, gleaning any piece of extra knowledge or skill she could in the little time she had. And then he virtually threw himself on the Scorpion's sword. Kenichi shook his head and looked around the garden.

The Winding Water Banquet, the Single Mingle, he hadn't been here since either of these. It had been the scene of the incident which led to Hikahime's arrest and subsequent trial. He shook his head again. And now, he just wandered through the garden trying to take it in the splendour of it in its own right. It was difficult to separate the gardens from the events which had occurred here, just as it was difficult to banish the thoughts of everything which had happened at court, which had happened today, and simply just 'be'.

He stops for a moment and tries to centre himself. It is quiet. There had not been much quiet. Perhaps that was why all these recollections were echoing so loudly.
Emerald Spider * Sparrow Clan * Samurai * Duellist * Courtier * Yoriki * Voice * Storyteller * description * Soul of Mirumoto Shou

From Day 12 he wears a necklace with a pearl bearing the Sparrow Clan mon.

Daigotsu Yukari

Re: [Day28 EE} Blades of grass, sheathed in snow. (open)

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:37 am

Yukari stalked the garden, having traded in her pure-white kimono for something more alarming to less superstitious sorts- her road-worn deel.

She had come to the gardens as much to respect the memory of Utaku Nakura as anything.

She paused upon sighting the Sparrow.

A much more pleasant surprise than the Kokujin she'd first met here the day before court.

Whatever had happened to that lunatic, anyway? Had he choked on a particularly thick inanity?

No matter.

"Good evening, Suzume-san."
Spider * Daigotsu Bushi * Honorary Rinjin
Wears a necklace with a pearl carved with a Spider mon.
"The Maw. Iuchiban. Kali-Ma. Fu Leng. We've killed them all. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by you."

Soul of Tonbo Taira/Isawa Taisho

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:50 am

Kenichi smiles as he sees Yukari approaching. "Ah, Daigotsu-sama, good evening. You felt the need for some air too?" He lets the question hang there for a moment.

"It has been quite the day, and so near to the end of court too. It has given me much upon which to reflect."
Emerald Spider * Sparrow Clan * Samurai * Duellist * Courtier * Yoriki * Voice * Storyteller * description * Soul of Mirumoto Shou

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:33 pm

"It has indeed been a bit chaotic of late."

She looked about them.

"My second night in Shiro Mirumoto, I met that insane Kokujin here. The garden is greatly improved by his absence."
"The Maw. Iuchiban. Kali-Ma. Fu Leng. We've killed them all. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by you."

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:12 pm

Daigotsu Yukari wrote:"It has indeed been a bit chaotic of late."

She looked about them.

"My second night in Shiro Mirumoto, I met that insane Kokujin here. The garden is greatly improved by his absence."

"My only conversation with him was at the dais. I gave him some advice which he appeared to take on board more enthusiastically than I had expected." The memory of this seems to bring a look of confusion to his face momentarily.

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:16 pm

"Everything he did, he did without restraint."

She shrugged.

"Typical, really."

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:27 pm

Daigotsu Yukari wrote:"Everything he did, he did without restraint."

"Perhaps such lack of restraint held up a strange and twisted mirror to our own empire. Or maybe I am affording his actions too much significance. As it is, that all seems quite some time ago now. Events which have overtaken such bizarre deeds lend a peculiar lens to my perception of time."

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:29 pm

"In my experience, those incapable of controlling themselves only merit attention for the danger they may pose. Any... significance hisactions may have held seems lost now."

Good.

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:35 pm

Daigotsu Yukari wrote:"In my experience, those incapable of controlling themselves only merit attention for the danger they may pose. Any... significance hisactions may have held seems lost now."

Good.

Kenichi nods in agreement. "And what of today's events? It was an unbefitting spectacle in many ways."

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:38 pm

"I cannot say I was saddened by the outcome. I feel sympathy for Yamada, but her husband should have offered his seppuku, rather than allowing it to reach this stage."

Return to “Gardens”