[Day 29 EE] An Evening of Madness (Private)

None could honestly say the gardens of Shiro Mirumoto are the most glorious, at least not since the Dragon Clan's setting of the trend centuries ago. But they are still serene and provocative in the way that only the Dragon can make them. A few evergreens dot the landscape. Stones here are plentiful and the winter snow compliments, rather than subdues, its beauty. The evergreen plants here have been pruned and arranged to represent the winter of the life of Mirumoto who died in his prime fighting during the Day of Thunder
Yoritomo Mei

[Day 29 EE] An Evening of Madness (Private)

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:49 pm

The sun began to set, the moon was already showing its first rays of blue light. The weather had already begun to heat up, however Mei's heart was cold and sharp as an ice crystal of a ruthless winter.

They called them blasphemers, pirates, insulted their Lord. And now he was gone, with no guarantee that he would remain alive. Uncontrolled tears of pure pain streamed from her eyes. They suffered accusations, lack of understanding and even a veiled threat. In response, she did only as her Admiral shown as correct "Just smile Mei. They will recognize our value through our actions!"

"It's a lie, Midori-sama! They only judge our actions... never the reasons that led us to commit them! I tried... I tried with all my might to be a good person! To fix everything... but it seems that all I deserve is distrust! Maybe I'm really just a monster!"

It can be a bit dangerous when a foolish and innocent girl, easily manipulable, is depressed.
Nativist Mantis • Merchant and Actress • Yoritomo Courtier • Dangerous Beauty • Hero of the people • Sensation

Kokujin Kaneda

Re: [Day 29 EE] An Evening of Madness (Private)

Postby Kokujin Kaneda » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:22 pm

Speaking of monsters, one that was forgotten and unseen for a while stalked Mei as she cried her heart out. The creature that looked like a man emerges from the Shadows.

"Ah if it's not the Foolish Mantis girl. This whole game of court is about to end. Why are you tearful? Soon you will be able to return to your ships and prepare to live your live as you always did."
Matchmaker from Hell * Mad Monk of Benten * Thrice Denied * Princess Stalker

Yoritomo Mei

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:16 pm

Seeing the Kokujin, the girl's crying grows louder and more hurtful "kboKujin-shan!" she says something unrecognizable as she tried to say his name. Then she rubs her tears and tries to speak more calmly.

"Nothing more will be the same, Kokujin-san! My Lord has disappeared and I don't know what will become of us without him... I tried to help, but the more I tried, the more I messed up! I'm a nosy fool! I know the main teaching at this court was about accepting and adapting to change... but return to my ships won't be to live as I always did"
Nativist Mantis • Merchant and Actress • Yoritomo Courtier • Dangerous Beauty • Hero of the people • Sensation

Kokujin Kaneda

Postby Kokujin Kaneda » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:38 pm

"Even with your husband in tow, my little Mantis? You wanted to make the Mantis great. Marry me, and I'll open the floodgates between your clan and my Empire. Build it strength. Then do as you wish. Will you try to eat the bigger Spider? Or will be swallowed whole in the cave? This fate I've woven is one much more interesting than just clashing swords with foolish men and women who think they can kill the evil that lurks in the hearts of Man."

He gets closer, dangerously so.

"We were the evil they could not deny. Now we are the evil they cannot kill. We already subverted Rokugan to a point that is a different land all together. Why not try to prosper in this new world? Instead of crying pointless tears?"

Yoritomo Mei

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:56 pm

"My husband?" she finally remembers the marriage request that had not yet been answered "But you are a monk! Your vow shouldn't allow you to marry!"

"Besides, it's not that simple, Kokujin-san! I can't just decide that! We have a new Clan Champion, Moshi Janisha... she is who should approve or not our union. You would have to speak directly to her... Would this promises of prosperity be enough to convince her?"

He comes closer, and she is intoxicated by him. She wasn't interested in the evil that exists in men's hearts, but was interested in power "Build it strength... eat the bigger Spider... How do you plan to make the Mantis prosper in this new world, Kokujin-san? What are your plans for us?"

Kokujin Kaneda

Postby Kokujin Kaneda » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:23 am

"The Dais have spoken, your representatives asked more members and no one opposed my claim. Well, all right. Some opposed the claim, but none of them were Mantis. Do we care that much about the mewling of others now?"

He giggles.

"Tch don't make me laugh."

The monk hugs her with his right arm.

"I am but a servant of Love. If the Mantis will prosper or not, it will all depend on itself. All I am providing is the numbers, the strength you asked. What you do is your own fate. There is much to be learned from this new Onyx world. Knowledge, Insight... And many other virtues will be needed to find the Mantis place in the world."

Yoritomo Mei

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:31 am

"Well, personally I don't care, but she's not somebody else, Kokujin-san... after completing the trials, my Lord named her as a champion and disappeared. If you were present to see what was said in before the Dais today, you would know it, Kokujin-san! Don't you have some way of blackmail her to accept our romance? Why did you want to give her that floral arrangement with the Zogeku coin?"

She accepts his embrace, crossing her arms around him in return "I thought you were dead, and now you're here before me. When and where will you start teaching me, Kokujin-san?"

Return to “Gardens”