[Day 25 LE] The end of all things [Crane Only]

A row of storehouses have been converted into guest quarters just north-facing the training grounds. The Crane Clan Occupy the center-left building. Their accommodations are modestly furnished with notable works of art taking up one sliding door wall in the middle. One panel is a painting of Shiro Daidoji, the matching panel reveals a di-glyph, showing a landscape of the Kosaten Province beyond.
Kakita Kyoumi

Re: [Day 25 LE] The end of all things [Crane Only]

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:00 pm

Kyoumi has been writing, despairing, perhaps, of the Lord Daidoji's arrival, for the hour has grown late and there is a petition that must be made in the morning. The petition has been one that has haunted the minds of all the Crane present for all winter court, but first there were affairs to put in order.
Allies to be made. Connections to be built. Gifts to offer. Service rendered. Contests won. Hopefully, hopefully, just enough to make the Emperor, the Chosen, and their clans consider not requiring seppuku for the members of the Crane delegation who had the temerity to request it.

She slides two last pieces of paper towards her Ambassador.

"Nozomi-sama. This is the petition we plan to offer tomorrow. Do you accept this?

The first....viewtopic.php?f=63&t=874&start=200#p60358
And the second...viewtopic.php?f=63&t=874&start=200#p60420
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Daidoji Nozomi

Postby Daidoji Nozomi » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:39 pm

Nozomi listens to the petition as written, mulling over every detail. Eventually, she speaks. "Kyoumi-san, it is a risk to ask the Emperor to broaden his mandate to allow for general use of gaijin pepper, but it is the proper course. However, the other clans are not ready, not yet. I would amend it to include a period of time for every Clan to research into it themselves if they so wish, not to accept it, just to understand it. Once they have, we could then move to broaden the mandate."
Crane Clan | Ambassador | Pragmatic

“I do what I must. What I protect is too precious to do anything less.”

Run by GM Fukurokujin

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:44 pm

Kyoumi slowly nods. "I...had not considered opening it to other clans...only that our Daidoji Bushi be permitted to serve among other clans using these weapons. But I can add this. It will sweeten it for those who are afraid. I will set Karasu-san as one from whom such technologies can be learned. For the first thing that must be learned is proper etiquette. These are too dangerous for any other way. Is there anything else?"

She makes a few amendments to the original copy of the petition, to capture the change.
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Daidoji Nozomi

Postby Daidoji Nozomi » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:04 am

"Not for general use of the other clans, just our general use. We can push for that at another time, but it is necessary that the other clans understand more about it for when we do that. They should come to us to learn more about it and then for our aid after we are allowed to use it more generally. There are bound to be other uses for this powder as well. Allowing the others to research it themselves will more than likely result in other uses that we haven't thought of. Ultimately, they will have to come to us as we should not allow any sample of it to leave our borders, making us responsible for it as well as any research that bears fruit. We will obviously need to make accommodations for each delegation that comes to research it."
Crane Clan | Ambassador | Pragmatic

“I do what I must. What I protect is too precious to do anything less.”

Run by GM Fukurokujin

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:06 am

Kyoumi nods (and OOC wasnt sure if you were coming back so hopes she got it right in the text). "Very well. Thank you. I'll....we'll....do our best tomorrow, Nozomi-sama. I think I have a few more haiku to write."
Appearance

Doji Arami

Postby Doji Arami » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:12 am

Doji Arami nods at the Ambassador giving guidance for the petition tomorrow.

He then turns to him to see if he would provide similar guidance to the concerns the logistician had raised.
Imperial AgriculturistCrane Clan Logistician Courtier Fragrant and Resplendent Hero of the People

In darkness, flowers retain their fragrance.

Since Day 12, wears a necklace with an aquamarine engraved with the Crane mon.

Return to “Crane Clan Embassy”