[Day 28 LE] Birdseed

A row of storehouses have been converted into guest quarters just north-facing the training grounds. The Crane Clan Occupy the center-left building. Their accommodations are modestly furnished with notable works of art taking up one sliding door wall in the middle. One panel is a painting of Shiro Daidoji, the matching panel reveals a di-glyph, showing a landscape of the Kosaten Province beyond.
Kakita Kyoumi

Re: [Day 28 LE] Birdseed

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:45 pm

"That is all I ask...that no one make a scene. Are there any other questions? Do we have enough sake? Does anyone want to keep their instruments here to play while we gather after? I don't know." she blushes a little. "I've tried and tried to be terribly organized about all this, but here at the end, I am not sure if I'm organizing a wedding or a battle."
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:10 pm

"I could leave my shamisen here perhaps. Karasu-san and I could play together once again, ne?"

He gives Kyoumi a reassuring smile.

You are doing great. Certainly better than I could have ever done.

"As for the food, I have requested that the shugenja gathered here use their gifts to create the food for the wedding. I am most grateful for this favor, the three of you. I know there will certainly be enough for the feast here at the embassy, though I am not aware of the total combined amount of food. It would gladden me to throw a feast for the heimin as well. Should there not be enough for them as well, I would be willing to cover the difference with my own coin."
Last edited by Ide Kousuda on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unicorn Clan Courtier - Hero of the People
Appearance!
We must dare to be bold in these dark times...

Kakita Karasu

Postby Kakita Karasu » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:21 pm

"Wedding, battle, same thing."

Karasu says jokingly.

"I promise to behave as well."
Emerald ChampionDuelistPistoleer • Crane Clan • Samurai • Soul of Shiba Mako
Raised Eyebrow of Derision
After day 24 he wears a Yellow and Orange wrapped tanto in his belt.
Winter Court Iaijutsu Champion

Asako Hitomi

Postby Asako Hitomi » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:43 pm

she bows to all and catches the end of the

" Thank you for inviting me, It Is an Honor to witness this. "
Disturbing Countenance (scars left side of face). Phoenix. Asako Monk
From D24 onwards she no longer wears any clan markings, and dresses extremely plainly.

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:13 am

Kyoumi nods. "If you want the book, Hitomi-san, Kousuda-san gave Karasu-san his copy. Though you are probably waiting until spring for your wedding?"
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Isawa Koyo

Postby Isawa Koyo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:38 am

Kakita Karasu wrote:Karasu had kept a seat open next to himself just in case Hitomi arrived.

"I promise that no Scorpion will be an issue while I am present."

Koyo blanches, and looks meaningfully at Akiko, gaze stern.

You said nothing about Scorpion...if that Yogo is there, I won't be staying, nor will I let you.

He may be skilled at maintaining his face, but everyone present can easily detect that the Phoenix Ambassador is agitated. So much so that he evidently does not hear the comments regarding food.
Phoenix Clan • Ambassador • Shugenja • Earth • Fire • Jade • Hero of the People • Soul of Asako Maemuki
Isawa Mon inside a Torii Gate, Servant: Asako Baekho, 19/M

As of Day 21, Koyo is now a Jade Magistrate and Sensei.

Isawa Akiko

Postby Isawa Akiko » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:45 am

The mention of the Scorpion ... she maintains her on, though he had not known either. Now isn't the time. Poise. We are better than this, than them.

She offers the bottle of sake to Kyoumi (ooc: happy to handwave refusals if you are) and inclines her head. "We shall do what we can to ensure that Inari's blessing is sufficient for all who will be gathered for the wedding. Koyo's monastery also produces sake, of which I have brough a small bottle to be sampled tonight. If the quality pleases you, we can provide more for the wedding." She makes a small bow.
Isawa shugenja • dice shaker • perfect of posture • player of Shamisen • Servant: Asako Hanae 18/F
Phoenix decoration along sleeves, kawaru symbols along hem & secondary collar
Since day 15, wears woolen scarf of blue, white and grey geometric pattern

Isawa Koyo

Postby Isawa Koyo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:12 am

Isawa Akiko wrote:The mention of the Scorpion ... she maintains her on, though he had not known either. Now isn't the time. Poise. We are better than this, than them.

She offers the bottle of sake to Kyoumi (ooc: happy to handwave refusals if you are) and inclines her head. "We shall do what we can to ensure that Inari's blessing is sufficient for all who will be gathered for the wedding. Koyo's monastery also produces sake, of which I have brough a small bottle to be sampled tonight. If the quality pleases you, we can provide more for the wedding." She makes a small bow.

You're deflecting. If this isn't mentioned, it will ruin the wedding, and possibly our clans' friendship...

He is not at ease with things as they stand, but Koyo at least nods to Kyoumi at Akiko's words. "There is not much left of it here, but whatever remains is yours, should you find it acceptable."
Phoenix Clan • Ambassador • Shugenja • Earth • Fire • Jade • Hero of the People • Soul of Asako Maemuki

Asako Hitomi

Postby Asako Hitomi » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:45 am

Kakita Kyoumi wrote:Kyoumi nods. "If you want the book, Hitomi-san, Kousuda-san gave Karasu-san his copy. Though you are probably waiting until spring for your wedding?"

" I believe that is the case... However it is never to early to learn, I will wait until a copy can be found or returned so I may study "

She looked at the two and decided that if she could she would help she knew it could backfire but she owed both of the two Isawa too much in their patience with her.

She bows " forgive my interruption however, I feel that it must be said. Certain members of the Scorpion have done nothing but insult the ambassador, and his lady. Constantly trying to provoke the Clan...

This Scorpion in question will certainly try to use this opportunity... I feel that if he must be invited I could volunteer to keep him away.. despite his addled mind he finds some odd joy in trying to cause Isawa San and Isawa Sama nothing but pain.

The Phoenix want this to be a joyous occasion.. and not insult the Crane or the Unicorn nor any other Clan due to the disruption this individual will cause if given any opportunity... Again I apologize for saying so.."

She kneels and bows deeply offering the most formal apology she can.
Disturbing Countenance (scars left side of face). Phoenix. Asako Monk
From D24 onwards she no longer wears any clan markings, and dresses extremely plainly.

Isawa Koyo

Postby Isawa Koyo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:50 am

Koyo blinks in surprise at Hitomi's actions, finding not for the first time this court that he has underestimated her sincerity.

I need to find a way to repay her for that...meanwhile, what do I do? What's the protocol for responding to someone of lesser rank who has made vulnerable but sincere statements on your behalf? Baekho, where are you when I need you?

He does nothing, unsure about whether he should acknowledge Hitomi's comment or let the Crane do so.

Return to “Crane Clan Embassy”