[D29 - Night] We all are living in a Crane's dream... (Closed)

A row of storehouses have been converted into guest quarters just north-facing the training grounds. The Crane Clan Occupy the center-left building. Their accommodations are modestly furnished with notable works of art taking up one sliding door wall in the middle. One panel is a painting of Shiro Daidoji, the matching panel reveals a di-glyph, showing a landscape of the Kosaten Province beyond.
Bayushi Inaho

[D29 - Night] We all are living in a Crane's dream... (Closed)

Postby Bayushi Inaho » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:02 pm

Isawa Mori.

Of all the forests in Rokugan, only Shinomen Mori could claim to be larger, stranger, perhaps more beautiful... and definitely more dangerous. Nonetheless, this was still a place of mystery and arcane events.

Despite the two large roads that crossed it, most of the woods were unexplored and unknown to the vast population of the Phoenix, and definitely to most of Rokugan. Some claimed there were monsters there. Others that there were passages to other realms. And a few thought that the woods were property of the kami themselves. Who knows... maybe they were all right in their own way?

Despite all this, Kyoumi felt at home in the darkest parts of the Mori. The Spring scent of dark, damp earth mixed with the freshness of pine and spicy perfumes of juniper and camphorwood made her feel both comfortable and peaceful. Here she was in her element... with all the small animals around her, they too comfortable in this forest. And comfortable with her, who they knew was their friend. Sitting near an old maple, she had a small bunny snuggling on her lap.

"Of all the places I could find you... this is certainly not one I would imagine to look for.", comes a near voice.

((ooc: Although I'm not certain where will Kyoumi spend her night 8-) I'm doing the thread here in order for it be easier to find ))
"Shinjo Inaho""Unicorn Clan" • Duelist • Dangerous Beauty • Fan of Horses • Dark Edge Native
Kanshi on the 9th Day • Refuses to compromise with treason
Soul of Bayushi Karyudo

Kakita Kyoumi

Re: [D29 - Night] We all are living in a Crane's dream... (Closed)

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:10 pm

Kyoumi looks up, surprised to see another human face. She licked her lips as if unused to speaking at all in this deepest and most secret part of her dreams. "People don't listen to wild nightingales." Her voice sounds a little rough, as if she hasn't used it for a long time. "I've never dreamed any people here before. You look like Shinjo Inaho-san."
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Bayushi Inaho

Postby Bayushi Inaho » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:14 pm

The man she called Shinjo Inaho approaches. Wearing a dark blue kimono, he has his hair impeccably tied in a ponytail, and has a thin cloth mask covering the lower half of his face.

He walks over to where Kyoumi is, and there's a slight scent of apples when he kneels next to her. "Kyoumi-chan... you now know that is not my name. If you despise it so much, then please call me just Inaho.", he says in a gentle voice, and carefully pets the bunny in her lap.
"Shinjo Inaho""Unicorn Clan" • Duelist • Dangerous Beauty • Fan of Horses • Dark Edge Native
Soul of Bayushi Karyudo

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:23 pm

Kyoumi scoots over to make room for Inaho to sit down in the roots of the overgrown pine. A crow that was pecking at the ground nearby looks slightly miffed at being disturbed and flutters off a few paces before it settles down again.

"Inaho, then. Though...Bayushi? Shosuro? Shoshi? I'm not certain which family was yours. I never despised anyone. I just wanted to free my people and bring the laughter back to the children again. No one ever told me how."
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Bayushi Inaho

Postby Bayushi Inaho » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:28 pm

"Bayushi Inaho", he says. "Thank you - it may sound strange, but those words are quite valuable for one such as me. Small treasures, even.", he says and smiles.

"You remember what happened to me, yes?"
Soul of Bayushi Karyudo

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:33 pm

"Bayushi Inaho," she repeats, saying the full name. Kyoumi gives a little nod. "Rio...I'm sorry, I do not know his true name...he told me. We...the Crane...we believed we would have to do the same from the dais to save our clan from its secrets and the doom they had lined up for us. But I'm still not certain if I would have been as brave when the moment came."
Appearance

Bayushi Inaho

Postby Bayushi Inaho » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:45 pm

"Rio is a good man. His shadow is dark, but the heart is kind.", he declares, perhaps a little poetically.

"Death is always a possible answer in these matters... However, I am glad it was not necessary in your case. In mine... well, my Kharma was different."

He reaches and holds her hand. "I suspect that this will be the last time I will be able to speak with you, Kyoumi-chan. As you know, Zetsubou helped me for a time... but it is not my fate to remain, and Emma-O is calling.", he says, his tone sad. "I do have a little more time, and so I would like to speak with you a little - even if only in your dreams."
Soul of Bayushi Karyudo

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:48 pm

Kyoumi smiles softly, accepting Inaho holding her hand. "I hope Emma-O finds you a beautiful place in your next life. If you could choose that life, what would you choose?"
Appearance

Bayushi Inaho

Postby Bayushi Inaho » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:58 pm

A smile. The Crane is as kind in her dreams, as she is in the mortal world. If not kinder.

"I feel as if my role wasn't quite finished. That there was more for me to do. This sense of incompleteness, it leads me to hope that I will be allowed to reincarnate as a samurai once more, hopefully to help your descendants regain the Rokugan we lost.", he says and looks to her with a smile
Soul of Bayushi Karyudo

Kakita Kyoumi

R: [D29 - Night] We all are living in a Crane's dream... (Closed)

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:17 pm

Kyoumi laughs softly. "Well, if you find yourself the child of a Kakita and an Ide...." she trails off. "Well, then I hope I serve you well."
Appearance

Return to “Crane Clan Embassy”