(Day 24, Early Morning) Their Rightful Masters

A row of storehouses have been converted into guest quarters just north-facing the training grounds. The Lion Clan Occupy the far left build. At the far end of the common room, a scroll of the finest paper sits across a simple table. Painted in black upon the surface is a single large kanji, "kokoro"(mind, heart, spirit). The remaining scroll is otherwise blank.
Bishamon

(Day 24, Early Morning) Their Rightful Masters

Postby Bishamon » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:31 am

As people wake in the Lion Embassy and prepare for the day, some might step out on a most unexpected sight.

Many of the embassy staff are gathered here. Some look scared, some look sad.

All look angry. Facing them is the daimyo, Ikoma Hattori. Finally the cook, Hanzo, steps forwards, bowing humbly to his lord.

Even when the heimin's face is set with grim determination.

"Ikoma-dono." The man's voice is taut, as someone suppressing considerable emotion.
Fortune of Strength - Lion AGM - Crab AGM - Soul of Yasuki Aitoko

- YOU PRAY FOR STRENGTH. WILL IT HELP YOU FIGHT YOURSELF?

Ikoma Hattori

Re: (Day 24, Early Morning) Their Rightful Masters

Postby Ikoma Hattori » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:32 am

"Hai," Hattori responds. His face may as well have been carved from stone.
Lion Clan | Ambassador | Not drunk, merely focused

“Our way is correct. All of this has happened because all of you failed to recognize that.”

Run by GM Bishamon

Bishamon

Postby Bishamon » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:33 am

"The peasant general, Hikahime-sama, is -still- under arrest, my lord," Hanzo states. He seems to be hoping for something.

Ikoma Hattori

Postby Ikoma Hattori » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:33 am

"I am aware," Ikoma Hattori declares solemnly.

Whatever Hanzo was looking for, he didn't get it.
Lion Clan | Ambassador | Not drunk, merely focused

“Our way is correct. All of this has happened because all of you failed to recognize that.”

Run by GM Bishamon

Bishamon

Postby Bishamon » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:36 am

The peasants look at each other. Some are pleading for understanding, some barely suppressing their anger.

Hanzo is done suppressing. "This is -unforgivable-, Ikoma-dono!" the chef explodes, hands clenched tightly at his side. "That clanless garbage skulks through the city planning some foul murder, and the one who stops him is arrested for it?! This cannot stand!"

If anyone observing the scene wants to break in on this, it won't be much longer before Hattori has to answer. His eyes narrow, as though he is trying to keep from saying what he must.

Akodo Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:15 am

This can't go on for much longer. Samurai smashing his way through the crowd of servants, who instinctively make way for the Lion bushi. Well most of them anyway.

"Ikoma-dono," Kibo bows lower than expected, "I was wondering if you would have the time to revisit that letter I sent about the Shogun's legionnaire, Hikahime, that is imprisoned in the castle. I had a few followup questions about what we can do in light of her status."

He ignores the servants, they're invisible of course. But they can hear him just fine.
Loyal • Paragon • Veteran • Lion Gunso
I've seen things. The towers of Shiro sano Ken Hayai on fire just over the horizon. I watched Lion steel glitter in the dark near the Toshi Ranbo gates. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Akodo Zetsubou

Postby Akodo Zetsubou » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:21 pm

Zetsubou hears the commontion, and arrives. Saying nothing, for now. He stands and watches as his brother speaks.
Loyal-Lion-Golden Lion Eyes-Red Hair-Shugenja
Soul of Doji Nagori, Daidoji Mikado, and Seppun Teshan
I know my family's ancestors, every one, back to the beginning..would you like me to tell you what they think of you?

Return to “Lion Clan Embassy”