[Day 25 EM] A Time for Truth

A row of storehouses have been converted into guest quarters just north-facing the training grounds. The Lion Clan Occupy the far left build. At the far end of the common room, a scroll of the finest paper sits across a simple table. Painted in black upon the surface is a single large kanji, "kokoro"(mind, heart, spirit). The remaining scroll is otherwise blank.
Kakita Kyoumi

Re: [Day 25 EM] A Time for Truth

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:22 pm

Kyoumi slips four of the peaches into a small cloth bag she has tucked in her obi for later and daintily licks her fingers.

She's a Crane, so that must be good manners when presented with such a situation, right?

"Please don't forget them, Kibo-sama. I almost did." She gives a little smile. "So we wait on Tetsu-san now?"

Once her fingers are clean and the Neko has finished his meal, she lowers her hand to her side. The cat comes and rubs himself against her hand eagerly. It's almost a perfect morning.
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Akodo Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:50 pm

"Ah, excellent," says.. the cat?! "A meal and pets from a worthy vassal."

Kibo frowns, Zetsubou had done something else hadn't he.
Loyal • Paragon • Veteran • Lion Gunso
I've seen things. The towers of Shiro sano Ken Hayai on fire just over the horizon. I watched Lion steel glitter in the dark near the Toshi Ranbo gates. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:52 pm

Kyoumi slowly tilts her head sideways, reviewing the cat, and then looks over at Kibo. "Does this happen often?" She does not stop petting...not when she knows exactly where he wants that spot under his chin rubbed.
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Akodo Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:09 am

"I say, you may address me directly fair maiden," continues the cat. "As you can understand me, it would seem that the big red cat has done his magic again. Jolly Good, there are several- Oh yes, right there..."

Kibo sips his tea, "Zetsubou has entreated the kami to allow Lord Nekonya-sama to speak with us it seems."
I've seen things. The towers of Shiro sano Ken Hayai on fire just over the horizon. I watched Lion steel glitter in the dark near the Toshi Ranbo gates. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:55 am

Kyoumi looks amused. "Very well. I have never had the opportunity to address directly a neko, Lord Nekonya-sama, so forgive me if I am awed by this experience."
Appearance

Akodo Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:52 am

"As are all, mnyes," Nekonya purrs. "A cat of such noble bearing such as myself has that effect, such is my burden."

"I know of one other like you, but she is far away." The cat says, "That one has kept me from her for far too long. Hrumph."

Kibo slurps some more udon, it is quite good. Just ignore the talking cat, and he'll grow bored eventually.

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:42 am

Kyoumi remains entranced... "So, then I must ask, so I do not disturb Kibo-san and his noodles...why are you here, and not there? Tell me the story of a Neko who journeys to Winter Court."
Appearance

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:04 am

[OOC: In the interest of being able to finish this thread by Tomorrow in time for the Crane Petition (because it's really relevant). Kyoumi is going to ask Kibo and Tetsu both for a battle assessment, based on all the current information available to the Lion in the game, including the Scorpion intelligence, the alliances, etc, everything you've learned, to find out this simple question: Will it be enough not to get the armies of the Emerald Empire killed? Or is more required? Please go ahead and ask the GM, and then we should be able to get a response in time for Day 26. Thank you!]
Appearance

Akodo Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:16 am

((OOC:It'd be disjointed, but we can come back to the cat afterwards if you want. For Kibo's part, he disagrees with the question. It is the duty of the bushi of the empire to die, their responsibility to do so. No agreements here, save the full capitulation of the Onyx, would have prevented further loss of life. Is the empire ready to take on the Onyx this summer? No. Attacking them would be a terrible mistake as the conflicts of the previous summer showed. But there are cracks showing in the unity of the Onyx, and if the Empire can wait for the right moment they will fall to infighting. Only then can the Emerald Empire win. What is required is time, time for the instability in the Onyx to grow and time for the shugenja and monks to find Heaven.))

Akodo Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:33 pm

((OOC: Rethought the above with a night's sleep to consider))
Kakita Kyoumi wrote:Kyoumi remains entranced... "So, then I must ask, so I do not disturb Kibo-san and his noodles...why are you here, and not there? Tell me the story of a Neko who journeys to Winter Court."

"Well, as you seem to be the right sort of person, I shall regale you with the tale." The cat hops onto the table, then turns and sits to gaze at Kyoumi with golden eyes. "Many many nights ago, in a place far from here, I came into this world as a pauper. The village in which I lived was moderately sized, populated by many large cats like yourself, some who wore colors like his and some who did not. I was poor, but free. I was a fearsome predator, feared by even the large cats for my nightly roars and skills in the hunt."

"I knew not then my great destiny. Young I was, and full of ambition for greater things." He licks his paw and cleans his whiskers a bit, "Mmnyes, I was quite an uncouth young chap, I must say. And so I would have remained if the young Lady Chibi had not found me, and showed me who I could be."

Satisfied with the state of his whiskers on the right side, he moves to the left. "You remind me of her, though she is smaller in stature. Indeed, we had quite the connection, and though she was young for a big cat, she showed me the way of the Daimyo that I am. She granted unto me my lordly title and a full name, Lord Nekonya Kittypaws The Third, at your service." He bows his head only slightly, or was he licking his paw again.

"Anyways, we enjoyed many days and nights together, content and happy with our lot."

Kibo, for his part, seems slightly interested to hear a cat's perspective to the tale.

Return to “Lion Clan Embassy”