[Day 25 EM] A Time for Truth

A row of storehouses have been converted into guest quarters just north-facing the training grounds. The Lion Clan Occupy the far left build. At the far end of the common room, a scroll of the finest paper sits across a simple table. Painted in black upon the surface is a single large kanji, "kokoro"(mind, heart, spirit). The remaining scroll is otherwise blank.
Akodo Tetsu

Re: [Day 25 EM] A Time for Truth

Postby Akodo Tetsu » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:37 pm

Tetsu finally arrives and bows deeply to Kibo and Kyoumi.

"My deepest apologies for my delay samas, I hope I have not inconvenienced you to much?"

(OOC: sorry forget to post yesterday and just got off work)
Lion - Tactician - soul of Akodo Yama

I am a Lion, hear my roar "Rawr" ='w'=
Bio & appearance

Akodo Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:44 pm

"Harumph, to be interrupted so!" Objects the cat, "I shall need to tell you the rest later, suffice it to say that Kibo dragged me from that comfortable home to muddy camps for many nights and has brought me here."

"Good day to you all. The kotatsu is waiting for me." And with that, the cat jumps off the table and dashes down the hall.
Loyal • Paragon • Veteran • Lion Gunso
I've seen things. The towers of Shiro sano Ken Hayai on fire just over the horizon. I watched Lion steel glitter in the dark near the Toshi Ranbo gates. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:47 pm

Kyoumi gives a slight bow to the...talking neko... and stands to greet Akodo Tetsu, giving him a bow more appropriate to a human than a cat. "Tetsu-san....thank you for coming. I, for my part, have not been inconvenienced. Indeed, this may be the most delightful morning I have ever experienced."

She watches the cat go racing down the hallway. "Hmmm...."
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:13 pm

After a moment, Kyoumi turns back to the two tacticians. "Well, that was pleasant, but now I must go to the cause I came for. Because I come to request from you brutal truth. And....we have things to say to one another."

She swallows. "First of all...you two, maybe more than anyone else here, knows the situation in terms of the battle ahead against the Onyx. Everything I have learned tells me that the Onyx have spent the peace rebuilding and re-entrenching. There are internal divisions. Still, an attacking army is a unifying target too. There are many armies and forces building and uniting here. But I must ask you, in your honest determination...is what has been put together enough? Or is more required?"
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Akodo Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:44 pm

"Enough for what?" Kibo asks, "Victory? Not if we squander it on a direct assault. This last summer showed the results of such an attempt, I served in those futile attacks." He shakes his head, "But if we are smart about it, hope can be found in the darkness."

"What we need is time, and a solution to the underlying spiritual problems. I have no idea what that solution is, but if our unified military forces can buy the time that we need, as dear as the price will be, then it will be worth it."
I've seen things. The towers of Shiro sano Ken Hayai on fire just over the horizon. I watched Lion steel glitter in the dark near the Toshi Ranbo gates. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Akodo Tetsu

Postby Akodo Tetsu » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:54 pm

"As has been discussed in the tactical meetings Kakita-sama, this is not a war that can be won by steel alone. It is likely that the role of the bushi and our overall military forces will be to buy time. It is our duty to protect those that stand behind us and to give them time to bring victory."
Lion - Tactician - soul of Akodo Yama

I am a Lion, hear my roar "Rawr" ='w'=
Bio & appearance

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:55 pm

Kyoumi stiffens her shoulders. "I will tell you this, then. In confidence. You may think less of us. But we have done what we must. The Crane have developed new weapons. A new way of using gaijin pepper. It...is similar...to the weapons used in the Battle of the White Stag, but not done through any trade with gaijin technologies. Only our own creations. I have not told any from any other clans this."

She hesitates, and finally adds.

"We did not keep this from you for selfish ends. The weapons are delicate. Often temperamental, though we work to improve. But...Kurohito-no-kami has taught us that nothing can be perfect forever. Eventually a mistake will be made. Someone will steal such a weapon to cause dishonor. And should that happen...the Entire Daidoji family will die. And we shall die."
Appearance

Akodo Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:04 pm

Kibo looks to Tetsu for a moment, then back to the Crane. "Is this related to your most recent petition? I assume that as you are sharing this with us, that the Son of Heaven is aware and has given sanction for this to occur."

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:09 pm

"We hope to make it the purpose of our petition tomorrow. We wanted to wait until the end...to know if we truly...actually...had to risk the seppuku of our bushi. I have not yet received the Scorpion intelligence, I don't know what the Phoenix have to say but....I think...it sounds like we do. I have come to you to ask what you think. If we offered Daidoji to your units...or something else. I don't know. In the end, only Nozomi-sama must decide. But we are the closest. We both know...try to know...the path of Bushido. Even if we have our differences. How do the Lion respond?"
Appearance

Akodo Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:20 pm

((OOC: I thought it did have sanction! blaeehakhsaghsakhksh!! :D))
"Point of clarification, please." Kibo says, "Do the Daidoji have permission from the Son of Heaven to use those weapons or not? We have heard rumor of them in general, and I for one assumed since the Crane were using them that you do have permission."

Return to “Lion Clan Embassy”