[Day 30, Late Afternoon, Open to Lion] To be noticed by the Dark Fortunes.

A row of storehouses have been converted into guest quarters just north-facing the training grounds. The Lion Clan Occupy the far left build. At the far end of the common room, a scroll of the finest paper sits across a simple table. Painted in black upon the surface is a single large kanji, "kokoro"(mind, heart, spirit). The remaining scroll is otherwise blank.
Moshi Janisha

[Day 30, Late Afternoon, Open to Lion] To be noticed by the Dark Fortunes.

Postby Moshi Janisha » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:10 pm

Janisha walks to the Lion Embassy, a smile in her step. Politics is done for now. Time to say goodbye to her friends.

First stop...the Lion to see Zetsubou. Perhaps she would catch Tetsu... but Zetsubou was the more important one.

She had heard something had happened at the gate and she was somewhat concerned.

Arriving at the embassy, she bowed, "This one is Moshi Janisha, here to see Akodo Zetsubou-san if he is free."

He better be ok.

((OOC: Sorry about the short post. Its 7am and I need bed))
•Colonial Mantis • Disturbing Countenance (unhealthy pale skin) • Gaijin Name •
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Akodo Zetsubou

Re: [Day 30, Late Afternoon, Open to Lion] To be noticed by the Dark Fortunes.

Postby Akodo Zetsubou » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:28 pm

(No worries, at all..)

The Lord of the Mantis is ushered in, and finds that, while many of the items have been stored for the journey tomorrow, Akodo Zetsubou has a stavk if scrolls that are out. He bows low to his guest, a faint smile upon his lips.

"Honor to the Lady of Thunder, the Clan of heroes. May your ancestors always guide your steps, sama."
Loyal-Lion-Golden Lion Eyes-Red Hair-Shugenja
Soul of Doji Nagori, Daidoji Mikado, and Seppun Teshan
I know my family's ancestors, every one, back to the beginning..would you like me to tell you what they think of you?

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:03 pm

Janisha bows in return, "May the Jade Sun and your Ancestors ever watch over you Akodo-san. You have achieved quite a bit this court, especially on the last day from what I hear," She looks over him, trying to judge if he is injured, before she smiles, "Have you had rice today?"

She ignores the scrolls for now. It is not her place and if she can help him, he would tell her.
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Akodo Zetsubou

Postby Akodo Zetsubou » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:07 pm

He stays bowed low. "I have my lady, and, while I thank your kind words, I pray Inari has blessed you as well, but it does warm my heart you have been given a position worthy of you, mighty Lady."

He does not seem injured in any way, but she can see through her sight that kansen dance around him, unable to affect him, yet silent watch, noting his actions, presumably to report to the Dark Lord himself.
I know my family's ancestors, every one, back to the beginning..would you like me to tell you what they think of you?

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:11 pm

Janisha hesitates. She had heard that some Darker power had made itself known on day 29 of court, but this...this was unexpected to say the least.

What could he have done to have earned that kind of...ire....favour....

Not sure how comfortable he was about the issue, she said carefully, "I have been so blessed, Akodo-san. However, if you would forgive this breach of propriety and let me speak to you as a friend....Zetsubou-san...I knew something dark happened at the gate, and yet..." She shook her head, "Is there anything I can do to help? You tried to hard to help me... and in fact did help me, even if not in the way you wished. Is their anything I can do to return the favour?"

Can he see them... is he just ignoring them or has whatever Fortune sent them after him hidden them from his sight. The Susumu's Air Kansen always said I could only see it because of my connection to Shahai... is that the same here...has he angered she who has dominion over blood?

No...her curses are more noticeable then this.
Description

Akodo Zetsubou

Postby Akodo Zetsubou » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:51 pm

He sighed at her words. "You do me a great honor by offering, Mighty Champion, but even a whole Clan cannot stop this notice."

Keeping his eyes away from looking at her directly, he mooves into a more kneeling position to continue his 5 story. "We were tasked with finding an artifact by the Voice. We had found the trail of those who sold it, and was investigating this at the Gate. My kitsu eyes had a vision, a vison of demise, but also of two celestial beings, two Dragons, to be specific. One of them, the Shadow Dragon, was imprisioned."

He chuckles. "Kakita Kyoumi sama pressed me to end the vision there, reminding me I was mortal. But I knew the being who captured the Dragon was there, If I but concentrated longer I could see who it was. " A smile formed on his lips. "With such a vision, I am sure you knew how I would act. I placed myself in jeporady to get the answer, to help the Empire." He paused "This drew the ire and the enemity of the one who did the imprisioning, as he studied my every essence. It was none other than Diagotsu himeself."

He allowed this revelation to sink in. "The price for this information was his hatred of me. So be it. Some would say it was my arrogance I did this, that I felt I was so powerful I do not need to be cautious." He shrugged. "I guess to those they only see me as the Monster of the Lion, after all."

He looks up, still not to her face, but up, a look of concern pierces his on. "I just hope others know my heart better, that I would give all to save my brother, My Empire, my love, even to save thise who see me as just a creature."

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:14 pm

Janisha paused, considering what had happened, "I cannot help but think I would have done the same, considering...." She shook her head, "Self Sacrifice is truly the most honest example of Duty and Loyalty... but the price we pay as Shugenja for such a deed is often our lives and souls."

She paused, looking once again at the kansen around him, "They will eventually speak you know. They are quiet for now, but eventually they will speak. And banishing such creatures is a waste of prayers in the end. Should you like I could teach you a little of the Yoga I showed you way back on day 2 was it? Day 1? Its meditative but the stretches and movements also give you something to focus on while to do so...so in your emptiness, the whispers are not the only thing in your mind."

"It isn't much... but you are right, it is the only thing I can offer you. The wrath of the highest of the Dark Fortunes is not something that a Moshi Priestess can defend you from...but perhaps I can make your life a little easier when he finally tries to pull you down."
Description

Akodo Zetsubou

Postby Akodo Zetsubou » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:22 pm

He looks around, oblivious to what she sees. "Im sorry, I dont understand....." the kansen stick their tounges out at the Moshi, as if to silence her. Perhaps the Dark Lord have hidden them from his sight.

"I would be honored to learn, but, mighty Lady, you are wrong on one thing. The greatest thing you could do for me, you already did. You looked beyond what you saw, and saw the real me. You are my friend, that is all I could ever want."

He looks at the scrolls. "I was about to send these to you, this is all the information I made into your ancestors. I thought you may want this to study when you return home."

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:00 pm

Janisha is silent for a long time, trying to figure out if she could defy the husband without earning more of her wifes anger. Finally, trapped she said, "Its seems I can say no more... however you are a Shugenja. You know whose ire you earned. You know what I said. There is but one conclusion. The only thing I can say is I am not sure if its my unique status that allows me to see them or if all Shugenja can apart from you."

She was pushing her luck...for she gave him an exit, a way to seek answers that she could not give. But perhaps this far was safe enough.

Moving onto his other point, she spoke again, "As for my greatest gift, I am glad you felt such a way, but any who doubt your kindness, your compassion and your purity, they have not been paying attention. I am ever glad to be your friend, and I am glad you trust in me as much as you do."

At the mention of her ancestors, her eyes go wide and she looks over the scrolls and letters with clear eagerness, before her On set back in place, "I cannot accept this. The sheer amount of work this would have taken... I am unworthy, Zetsubou-san."

((OOC: Feel free to handwave the refusals given the lack of time. I need to go to bed.))
Description

Akodo Zetsubou

Postby Akodo Zetsubou » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:17 pm

(Handwaving the refusals here!!)

"Please, I did this for you. I tould you I would, so many, many days ago. " he looks up at her kind words. "Thank you Mighty Lady. Perhaps my future will take me to your lands. If it does, I promise we will find you, just to see how you are doing."

Return to “Lion Clan Embassy”