Day 31 The Lion Leave. (open to all Lion)

A row of storehouses have been converted into guest quarters just north-facing the training grounds. The Lion Clan Occupy the far left build. At the far end of the common room, a scroll of the finest paper sits across a simple table. Painted in black upon the surface is a single large kanji, "kokoro"(mind, heart, spirit). The remaining scroll is otherwise blank.
Akodo Zetsubou

Day 31 The Lion Leave. (open to all Lion)

Postby Akodo Zetsubou » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:17 am

Their goods have been prepared. The final morning meal has been eaten. the servants are finishing up with their tasks, and they will soon leave after the samurai have gone.

yet one ancient scroll of Leadership, still upon the altar, next tot he blank scroll, remains.

Some things must be done properly.

Akodo Zetsubou stands near it. His scrolls and travel gear is set near him. He says nothing. but waits for the Delegation Head to arrive, Zetsubou keeps the incense burning near the scroll, and simply waits.
Loyal-Lion-Golden Lion Eyes-Red Hair-Shugenja
Soul of Doji Nagori, Daidoji Mikado, and Seppun Teshan
I know my family's ancestors, every one, back to the beginning..would you like me to tell you what they think of you?

Akodo Kibo

Re: Day 31 The Lion Leave. (open to all Lion)

Postby Akodo Kibo » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:32 am

A long night, a long road ahead. Akodo Kibo, son of Akodo Bengo, emerges from his room carrying his own traveling pack, with a line leading to a harness on a reluctant cat.

The cat follows behind, but doesn't like it. He will likely end up climbing on top of the pack within two minutes of departure.
Loyal • Paragon • Veteran • Lion Gunso
I've seen things. The towers of Shiro sano Ken Hayai on fire just over the horizon. I watched Lion steel glitter in the dark near the Toshi Ranbo gates. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Akodo Zetsubou

Postby Akodo Zetsubou » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:36 am

As the Head of the Lion arrives, Zetsubou takes the scroll, and starts the ritual. "Akodo no kami said 'Take these words and keep them wherever you remain, that Bushido may ever be your guide, and through it I may be with you always' As the Lion leave, so must the words of the Great One Eye"

He kneels down, the scroll in his outstretched arms towards Kibo "This is your Duty, Akodo sama. to take these words back to the Lands of Heroes, the Lands of Honor."
I know my family's ancestors, every one, back to the beginning..would you like me to tell you what they think of you?

Akodo Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:54 am

Kibo accepts the scrolls with great care and reverence, bowing as he does so. "I accept this responsibility, to carry the words of Akodo no Kami to Loyalty Castle."

"Let those who oppose this sacred duty tremble in fear, for the Lion march again."
I've seen things. The towers of Shiro sano Ken Hayai on fire just over the horizon. I watched Lion steel glitter in the dark near the Toshi Ranbo gates. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Akodo Zetsubou

Postby Akodo Zetsubou » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:59 am

The ritual over, Zetsubou relaxes for the moment, and winks to his brother "So, will the mighty Lord of the Lion allow this humble one to travel with him home?"

Akodo Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:16 am

"Someone needs to travel with you, I hear that you made a very prominent enemy a few days ago." Kibo says, "We're too alike you know, getting in over our heads."

Akodo Zetsubou

Postby Akodo Zetsubou » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:35 am

He nods "Hai, It was not my intention to do so, but when one has a vision that could help the Empire, one's own life seems small in comparison."

He looks around at was their embassy. "Much has changed this winter. We have changed so much, brother. I am proud of all you have done."

He pauses, then adds. "We have a few moments, my new Yoriki will be travelling with us. Why dont you tell me what you mean about you being in over your head?"

Akodo Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:09 am

He adjusts his pack a little, "I'm concerned about our second order. Our report was accepted by Ikoma-dono, but they won't be doing any further spiritual confirmation."

Akodo Zetsubou

Postby Akodo Zetsubou » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:19 am

"I have been thinking about that. Brother, once they see how well you did here, they will no doubt give you a promotion, maybe even a meeting with Kano dono." He smiles "The Shogun is no fool. he will not act without counsel. You must, Im sorry,WE must make sure your voice are heard."

He looks down "It may be hard, but when has that stopped us before?"

Akodo Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:31 am

"That is a good idea. Too bad I already have that assignment with the First Imperial Legion. All part of a last ditch effort to save Hikahime before her trial." Kibo stretches a bit, lot of walking to do today. "There will be a meeting eventually, whether it will be in time or not is for the Heavens to decide."

Return to “Lion Clan Embassy”