[D28 LA] Discussing the future (Private)

The most opulent accommodations in Two Heavens Village, the Warlord Arashi has opted to spend the Winter occupying the third floor of the Laughing Badger Inn. Ahead of his arrival, Mirumoto Shikei had left him a gift of an unseasonable asagao flower left to blossom in a fragile clay vessel. The flower lives only by the warmth of the lantern glowing close by.
User avatar
Yoritomo Mei
Posts: 1043
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:30 am

[D28 LA] Discussing the future (Private)

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:31 pm

Mei accompanies Janisha to the Laughing Badger Inn, during the late hours of the afternoon, after leaving the nativist embassy together.

The innkeeper accommodates them at a table in the main hall, served of some drink and food.
Last edited by Yoritomo Mei on Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nativist Mantis • Merchant and Actress • Yoritomo Courtier • Dangerous Beauty • Hero of the people • Sensation

User avatar
Moshi Janisha
Posts: 2623
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:04 am

Re: [D28 LA] Discussing the future

Postby Moshi Janisha » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:49 pm

Janisha smiles as she walks with Mei, although is slightly surprised when they do not proceed further into the embassy. She had presumed that whatever Mei had wished to speak of was private, given that she wished not to speak of it in her own embassy.

Once the food and drinks had arrived, she asked, "Would you like me to make it so others will not hear our words, Yoritomo-san?"
•Colonial Mantis • Disturbing Countenance (unhealthy pale skin) • Gaijin Name •
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

User avatar
Yoritomo Mei
Posts: 1043
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:30 am

Re: [D28 LA] Discussing the future (Private)

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:42 pm

Moshi Janisha wrote:"Would you like me to make it so others will not hear our words, Yoritomo-san?"


"Actually yes, Moshi-sama! I thought we could find some private room to talk about what we need!"

"I thought I would interfere less in your later appointments if we came here, due my day is kinda calm today. Not to mention that I really needed something strong to drink while we discuss what matters! And besides, I really needed to get out of my embassy a little!" said the girl, who had been in her own embassy for practically the whole court.

((I forgot to put it as private! Fixing that.))
Nativist Mantis • Merchant and Actress • Yoritomo Courtier • Dangerous Beauty • Hero of the people • Sensation

User avatar
Moshi Janisha
Posts: 2623
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:04 am

Re: [D28 LA] Discussing the future (Private)

Postby Moshi Janisha » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:20 pm

Yoritomo Mei wrote:"I thought I would interfere less in your later appointments if we came here, due my day is kinda calm today. Not to mention that I really needed something strong to drink while we discuss what matters! And besides, I really needed to get out of my embassy a little!"


Janisha nodded and said, "If you would follow me then?" Before walking up the stairs towards the Embassy proper, having servants being the food and drinks after them.

Janisha leads Mei to her meeting room... it sadly smells of nothing as she was completely unprepared for this, but she quickly adds a small amount of Incense to the Braiser before lighting it.

Soon the smell of Chocolate fills the air, "Since I don't know what this meeting is about...lets go with a happier scent. I promise I will host an event on the final day of court to celebrate all the friends we have found in this time. You will most definately get a chance to be out and about then."

Calling upon the kami, she wraps the room in a bubble of silence, so no sound escapes the room. The smoke from the brazier dances as the invoked kami toys with it as it acts.

"Now then Yoritomo-san, what is it that you wish to discuss?"

((OOC:Quiescence of Air: 8d10o10k3 36))
•Colonial Mantis • Disturbing Countenance (unhealthy pale skin) • Gaijin Name •
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

User avatar
Yoritomo Mei
Posts: 1043
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:30 am

Re: [D28 LA] Discussing the future (Private)

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:45 am

Mei follows Janisha to the meeting room, now enriched with a pleasant smell of Chocolate "Thank you so much, Moshi-sama! I'm happy to be part of these precious guests, after all your friendship is one among the ones I most consider here in court!" she smiles gently.

Moshi Janisha wrote:"Now then Yoritomo-san, what is it that you wish to discuss?"


"Well... where to start?" she looks down with a little melancholy "Moshi-sama... Lord Ichido left. He totally disappeared from our meeting on day 25. We started getting worried on day 26, when we realized he never came back. So, yesterday, we decided to look for him, and Mao-san was able to find his trail in the snow, which were lost in the night from the Main Gate. After that, we asked our hosts's help and Nikako-san offered herself to help us, searching the village and offering search groups in the mountains.

Lord Ichido is a proud, overconfident man of strong emotions who totally ignores his own safety! I mean, you should see how hard it was to convince him to seek a doctor to treat a wound. I wouldn't want to think that the worst may have happened, for he is a sturdy man, yet we should not underestimate the mountains!

But the worst of all of this isn't even this absurd disappearance! The worst of all of this is that he left everything behind except his daisho and some few clothes. And I fear the meaning behind these actions.

If my fears are truly confirmed, he left it up to you to define the future of Mantis. And that's what I came for today. I believe that Kyuden Gotei will be missing a leader if Lord Ichido's madness confirms himself. I don't know what to do about it. I tried to talk to Yoritomo... I mean, Lord Arashi yesterday about it, but I ended up talking too much, irritating him and making him even more depressed! He said we should decide it together, without even wanting to know what it was about, and said he would accept our decision!"
Nativist Mantis • Merchant and Actress • Yoritomo Courtier • Dangerous Beauty • Hero of the people • Sensation

User avatar
Moshi Janisha
Posts: 2623
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:04 am

Re: [D28 LA] Discussing the future (Private)

Postby Moshi Janisha » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:47 pm

Yoritomo Mei wrote:"Well... where to start?" she looks down with a little melancholy "Moshi-sama... Lord Ichido left. He totally disappeared from our meeting on day 25. We started getting worried on day 26, when we realized he never came back. So, yesterday, we decided to look for him, and Mao-san was able to find his trail in the snow, which were lost in the night from the Main Gate. After that, we asked our hosts's help and Nikako-san offered herself to help us, searching the village and offering search groups in the mountains.

Lord Ichido is a proud, overconfident man of strong emotions who totally ignores his own safety! I mean, you should see how hard it was to convince him to seek a doctor to treat a wound. I wouldn't want to think that the worst may have happened, for he is a sturdy man, yet we should not underestimate the mountains!

But the worst of all of this isn't even this absurd disappearance! The worst of all of this is that he left everything behind except his daisho and some few clothes. And I fear the meaning behind these actions."


Janisha is silent for a long time, before she spoke once more, "While it is warming, it is still Winter, Yoritomo-san. I am very sorry for my part in Yoritomo Ichido-sama's actions... but to be gone 3 days without shelter in the snow...." She shook her head, "If fate is kind, he found the Old Road to the High House of Light...if it is kinder, he resets in a village, the Dragon Mountains changing to make sure he survived. They are known to do that... move the maze of passes so you go where you are needed."

But most likely....I have his blood on my hands now as well. Fortunes help me, when will this ever end.

Yoritomo Mei wrote:If my fears are truly confirmed, he left it up to you to define the future of Mantis. And that's what I came for today. I believe that Kyuden Gotei will be missing a leader if Lord Ichido's madness confirms himself. I don't know what to do about it. I tried to talk to Yoritomo... I mean, Lord Arashi yesterday about it, but I ended up talking too much, irritating him and making him even more depressed! He said we should decide it together, without even wanting to know what it was about, and said he would accept our decision!"


"Yoritomo Ichido-sama's words were enough, Yoritomo-san. This is our decision and our future," She sighed, "It hurts that we must be forever split like this, it does...but if it becomes public knowledge that Arashi-sama had a large say in the Mantis Clan Champion, the other Great Clans would ask why a Great clan was answering to a foreign power?"

Although her words about Arashi were concerning, "Yoritomo-san...how is Arashi?"
•Colonial Mantis • Disturbing Countenance (unhealthy pale skin) • Gaijin Name •
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

User avatar
Yoritomo Mei
Posts: 1043
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:30 am

Re: [D28 LA] Discussing the future (Private)

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:26 am

Moshi Janisha wrote:"While it is warming, it is still Winter, Yoritomo-san. I am very sorry for my part in Yoritomo Ichido-sama's actions... but to be gone 3 days without shelter in the snow...." She shook her head, "If fate is kind, he found the Old Road to the High House of Light...if it is kinder, he resets in a village, the Dragon Mountains changing to make sure he survived. They are known to do that... move the maze of passes so you go where you are needed."


"I hope fortunes and the winter are kind to him, whichever path his heart desires to follow far from us" she looks down in sadness "The fact is that he left us at the moment when we most need a leader in Kyuden Gotei, without even saying goodbye or explaining his reasons. I will not lie if I say that I'm sad and angry at the same time"

She finally asks, apprehensive "Do you think he is following the steps Yoritomo asked? To step down... deliver the Championship to one more worthy... and then die fighting on the frontlines..." she really hopes this last one don't occur, and that he only went out on a pilgrimage, as Gozato explained to her.

"Yoritomo Ichido-sama's words were enough, Yoritomo-san. This is our decision and our future," She sighed, "It hurts that we must be forever split like this, it does...but if it becomes public knowledge that Arashi-sama had a large say in the Mantis Clan Champion, the other Great Clans would ask why a Great clan was answering to a foreign power?"

Although her words about Arashi were concerning, "Yoritomo-san...how is Arashi?"


"Yes, Moshi-sama, this is our decision and our future! And I plan to serve you the same way I served him, without any kind of change, since you were chosen by him as his rightful successor."

"Well, I had spoken to Yoritomo before because he is the first of our lineage... And by the laws, there is no one more worthy of being the Daimyo of Kyuden Gotei than him, Moshi-sama, now the place is vacant. Maybe the emperor wouldn't see him as a foreign power... If he married a Yoritomo from Rokugan!"

"The problem is... how much he's willing to do it? Marry a Rokugani Yoritomo. He loves Zogeku, it's children and it's freedom!"

"He's not well! I mean... He's actually the complete opposite! Nothing seems to make him feel better from his depression, and I could not bear to see him writhing in pain that way! It's so different from when I met him at the beginning of this court... The man who told me about dreams and hope. He seemed broken because he couldn't be considered a samurai anymore."
Nativist Mantis • Merchant and Actress • Yoritomo Courtier • Dangerous Beauty • Hero of the people • Sensation

User avatar
Moshi Janisha
Posts: 2623
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:04 am

Re: [D28 LA] Discussing the future (Private)

Postby Moshi Janisha » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:53 pm

Yoritomo Mei wrote:She finally asks, apprehensive "Do you think he is following the steps Yoritomo asked? To step down... deliver the Championship to one more worthy... and then die fighting on the frontlines..." she really hopes this last one don't occur, and that he only went out on a pilgrimage, as Gozato explained to her.


Janisha blinked, wondering why Mei was asking what she already knew, "He did step aside Yoritomo-san... he did it for the good of the Clan, but he did step down. You know that. You were there when he gave me the leadership temporarily and entrusted Arashi to choose a new leader. I do not know if he has gone to die on the front lines, and this one suspects that if that is the case, we won't know of it till he does so."

She sighed, "This was not how this was meant to go. None of it was."

"Well, I had spoken to Yoritomo before because he is the first of our lineage... And by the laws, there is no one more worthy of being the Daimyo of Kyuden Gotei than him, Moshi-sama, now the place is vacant. Maybe the emperor wouldn't see him as a foreign power... If he married a Yoritomo from Rokugan!"

"The problem is... how much he's willing to do it? Marry a Rokugani Yoritomo. He loves Zogeku, it's children and it's freedom!"

"He's not well! I mean... He's actually the complete opposite! Nothing seems to make him feel better from his depression, and I could not bear to see him writhing in pain that way! It's so different from when I met him at the beginning of this court... The man who told me about dreams and hope. He seemed broken because he couldn't be considered a samurai anymore."


Janisha shook her head, "You have misread him, Yoritomo-san. I have a feeling I know what his issue is, although I cannot confirm it till I see him, but it is not that he is not Samurai anymore. When he heard that Zogeku was independent he was joyous, the most happy I have ever seen him. He considered the loss of Samurai status a minor cost to pay."

On Mei's suggestion that he marry back into the Mantis, Janisha's eyes narrowed, "I am curious Yoritomo-san... are you asking him to give up leadership of Zogeku or are you asking him and the Mantis to blatantly defy the Emperor?"
•Colonial Mantis • Disturbing Countenance (unhealthy pale skin) • Gaijin Name •
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

User avatar
Yoritomo Mei
Posts: 1043
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:30 am

Re: [D28 LA] Discussing the future (Private)

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:21 pm

Moshi Janisha wrote:Janisha blinked, wondering why Mei was asking what she already knew, "He did step aside Yoritomo-san... he did it for the good of the Clan, but he did step down. You know that. You were there when he gave me the leadership temporarily and entrusted Arashi to choose a new leader. I do not know if he has gone to die on the front lines, and this one suspects that if that is the case, we won't know of it till he does so."

She sighed, "This was not how this was meant to go. None of it was."


"I'm not contesting your leadership, Moshi-sama... Nor his choice, made in the presence of so many witnesses. I admire his attitude, it took humility and courage. And I believe he did the right thing. I'm just worried because the end of this path could lead him to death. But I understand that's the final destiny of us all. I just ask you to understand that it's a kind of concern pertinent to those who lived with Lord Ichido"

Janisha shook her head, "You have misread him, Yoritomo-san. I have a feeling I know what his issue is, although I cannot confirm it till I see him, but it is not that he is not Samurai anymore. When he heard that Zogeku was independent he was joyous, the most happy I have ever seen him. He considered the loss of Samurai status a minor cost to pay."

On Mei's suggestion that he marry back into the Mantis, Janisha's eyes narrowed, "I am curious Yoritomo-san... are you asking him to give up leadership of Zogeku or are you asking him and the Mantis to blatantly defy the Emperor?"


"It's what I understood when he told me we should decide for him, since he was no longer a samurai. And he seemed very depressed while saying that. But maybe he was really very depressed in general, or for some other reason. You know him better than I do, as a person"

"I'm not forcing him to make choices. And I won't lie to you, I know that to don't defy the emperor means give up the leadership of Zogeku... But this is something I couldn't do either. I'm just presenting you his right based on his heritage. Whether he wants it or not, he has at least the right to choose who will lead in Kyuden Gotei and I suppose no one could decide it for Yoritomo when himself is alive. That's all I'm trying to say, here"
Nativist Mantis • Merchant and Actress • Yoritomo Courtier • Dangerous Beauty • Hero of the people • Sensation

User avatar
Moshi Janisha
Posts: 2623
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:04 am

Re: [D28 LA] Discussing the future (Private)

Postby Moshi Janisha » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:01 pm

Yoritomo Mei wrote:"I'm not contesting your leadership, Moshi-sama... Nor his choice, made in the presence of so many witnesses. I admire his attitude, it took humility and courage. And I believe he did the right thing. I'm just worried because the end of this path could lead him to death. But I understand that's the final destiny of us all. I just ask you to understand that it's a kind of concern pertinent to those who lived with Lord Ichido"


Janisha nods, "Potentially poor phrasing, but I understand. But Yoritomo-san...what can we do?" She paused for a moment and then said, "If I knew him better, prehaps I could divine for him through the Water Kami...maybe I could show you where he is now using Commune, but that's....questionably effective. It would be something, I suppose."

"It's what I understood when he told me we should decide for him, since he was no longer a samurai. And he seemed very depressed while saying that. But maybe he was really very depressed in general, or for some other reason. You know him better than I do, as a person"

"I'm not forcing him to make choices. And I won't lie to you, I know that to don't defy the emperor means give up the leadership of Zogeku... But this is something I couldn't do either. I'm just presenting you his right based on his heritage. Whether he wants it or not, he has at least the right to choose who will lead in Kyuden Gotei and I suppose no one could decide it for Yoritomo when himself is alive. That's all I'm trying to say, here"


Janisha nods, and then said, "Have you heard the story of Yoritomo and Shinjo. Its not a story told often, and I am not sure if its true or not, but the story may give a touch of insight into why he wants us to choose."
•Colonial Mantis • Disturbing Countenance (unhealthy pale skin) • Gaijin Name •
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description


Return to “Colonial Mantis Faction Embassy”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest