[Day 20, Early Afternoon, Private] To collect a Scroll.

Upon the third floor of the Tenshukaku, the Scorpion Clan are given comfortable accommodations. In their common chamber, the lord of the Dragon has left them a gift: A apparently plain paper lantern of stark white. When lit, however, the inner lantern illuminates a vibrant red with the story of the scorpion and frog painted portrayed in shadow-relief.
Moshi Janisha

Re: [Day 20, Early Afternoon, Private] To collect a Scroll.

Postby Moshi Janisha » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:37 pm

Janisha puts the stuff to do with the Jade Champion aside for now as the second part of his sentence is worked out, "What artifact concerns them Yogo-sama. If it is a threat to the Princess of Ashes, this one must know."

Janisha takes a breath and turns to Meguni, "Your Cousin asks much of you....do you wish to hear the price of failure? Should the Jade Champion destroy this copy, your fate will be the same as mine, if not worse. Do you wish to hear what will happen to me should I fail to fulfil my Obligation to the Fortune of Blood? There are those who say knowing what awaits them in failure inspires them....do you wish to know?"
•Colonial Mantis • Disturbing Countenance (unhealthy pale skin) • Gaijin Name •
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:44 pm

"She will not be able to destroy it. She will also protect her sources. You underestimate my cousin. She knows swimming."
Scorpion Clan • Loyal • Shugenja • Wardmaster • Kuroiban
Description - Post D26 I mainly use my Death mask (check description), Post D27 I got Dreadlocks

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:24 pm

"I do not underestimate her ability to keep a secret Yogo-sama. After all, most people in court think she is a Unicorn. That's proof enough of itself," Janisha said calmly, "I am not worried for me, I am worried for her. But if you say the Jade Champion cannot destroy your copy, I have no reason for it not to be made."

She paused for a moment and then said, "Now, once again...what's this threat you mentioned to the Princess of Ashes."
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:50 pm

"It is not necessarily a threat and it will be handle based on the quality of the one that provided the worry. I don't think it's anything serious. It will be cared off, you don't need to worry about this, but about what the Mother of Blood tasked you with."

Katsuyori replied.

"You have yet to accept anything I have suggested. I will need some proofs of what you can do."
Description - Post D26 I mainly use my Death mask (check description), Post D27 I got Dreadlocks

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:38 pm

"The Mother of Blood tasked me with protecting the Princess of Ashes as well as fixing that scroll, so I can easily provide you with the scroll you ask. My duty demands it in fact. Should you need me to demonstrate the prayer I give you is the prayer you ask for, I will cast it on any idea you wish....except the prayer I gave you to repair obviously." Janisha said.
Description

Shosuro Megumi

Postby Shosuro Megumi » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:18 pm

"You need not worry about me, Janisha-san. I will carefully consider whether to show the scroll to the Jade Champion based on my interactions with her. If I feel she will not treat such a new form of maho with the consideration it deserves, I will not show it to her..."

She frowns.

"I wonder. If it draws on the Mother of Blood for power, and not the kansen, would it still convey the Taint? Evidence points towards yes, but still, if kansen are not involved..."
Shinjo Megumi • "Unicorn" Clan • Courtier • Loremaster • Shugenja • Air
As of day 12 wears a necklace with a star sapphire with a Unicorn mon. As of day 21 she is a Jade Magistrate.

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:22 pm

"Normal maho calls the Kami that should not be named. This is new."

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:32 pm

Janisha nodded with acceptance, before she said, "Do you have a bit of paper I can copy Reflections of Pan-ku onto? I would still rather you give me more information then, 'an artefact that is potentially a threat to the Princess of Ashes,' but if the threat is real, my duty is clear."

She clearly wasn't happy about it...but if they weren't going to talk about it, what exactly could she do.

In the meantime, "Yogo-sama...where is the scroll? It would be rather unfortunate to leave here without it." She didn't even bother to ask if they had made the copies already...of course they had, just in case she had said no. Its exactly what she would have done.

And doesn't that tell you how right they are about you.
Description

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:40 pm

Katsuyori gets up and brings a box. The same box she had brought him.

He moves it carefully so that the jade finger would not touch the scroll. He did not want to damage something that important. He opened it and took the jade finger and held it on his hands. The Jade finger was a little grey at the one side.

"It's better to keep it next to Jade. It does not emanate kansen as it should, but it still draws them. I have made copies for further research and I will notify you with any updates through my study group. Yet we need to discuss about the location and the time of the summoning. If our way to Tengoku passes through the Mother of Blood we need to keep her happy and her instructions concerning her granddaughter in my ears sounded vague."

He paused.

"At the rate it taints jade I would say that one jade finger should last for at least a week. You can also study it's effects, given your different background compared to mine you might have insights that I have missed. I am not vain I know that I can err."

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:34 pm

Janisha spoke, but it was clear she was quoting someone....and given the tension in her form, it wasn't a pleasant memory, "You wanted to pay respect, now protect my blood."

A shiver runs thought her, and she said, "I believe it was intentionally vague, Yogo-sama... to give me multiple things I had to watch for. To make sure I protected her from any perceived threat."

She takes the box carefully, and unrolling the scroll just slightly while still in the box, compares the first two lines of the scroll to what appears to be the first two lines of the original scroll written on a piece of paper, "I mean no offence Yogo-sama... I trust you repaired the scroll. I trust you did the right thing, as its clearly in both of our benefits for you to do so. But I suspect you would be at least a little disappointed in me if I didn't have a way to check.

As for my own study on it..." She paused, wondering at what point she was actually a Maho-tsukai, "I will do the best I can. Moshi training isn't exactly equipped for this."
Description

Return to “Loyalist Scorpion Faction Embassy”