[Day 20, Early Afternoon, Private] To collect a Scroll.

Upon the third floor of the Tenshukaku, the Scorpion Clan are given comfortable accommodations. In their common chamber, the lord of the Dragon has left them a gift: A apparently plain paper lantern of stark white. When lit, however, the inner lantern illuminates a vibrant red with the story of the scorpion and frog painted portrayed in shadow-relief.
Yogo Katsuyori

Re: [Day 20, Early Afternoon, Private] To collect a Scroll.

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:47 pm

'Yeah I assumed so, and I have heard what you asked. So let the Underhand deliver. I present to you Lady Shosuro Megumi, mother of Soshi Kazusa, servant of the kami, priest of Ganesha and soon to become more things. My cousin is an expert on Gaijin culture and she is the reason I understand what you asked for yesterday. She also has other gaijin titles that I can't ptonounce. I also have some paper work for you to review and sign."

He looked at his cousin. and knelt.

"Forgive me. I did only what I must."
Scorpion Clan • Loyal • Shugenja • Wardmaster • Kuroiban
Description - Post D26 I mainly use my Death mask (check description), Post D27 I got Dreadlocks

Shosuro Megumi

Postby Shosuro Megumi » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:56 pm

Megumi raises an eyebrow.

"Well, I'm not quite a priestess of Ganesha yet. We first have to elevate him to the status of Fortune, something I'm not sure we can find the support for. We'll see I suppose. You have questions, Janisha-san? I will gladly answer them. I have an additional one as well. Do you intend to contact the Mother of Blood? If she opposes her son for some reason, She might be willing to render aid to Rokugan after all..."
Shinjo Megumi • "Unicorn" Clan • Courtier • Loremaster • Shugenja • Air
As of day 12 wears a necklace with a star sapphire with a Unicorn mon. As of day 21 she is a Jade Magistrate.

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:03 pm

"I can summon her with this scroll. I will ask for relevant orders tomorrow."
Description - Post D26 I mainly use my Death mask (check description), Post D27 I got Dreadlocks

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:04 am

Yogo Katsuyori wrote:' I present to you Lady Shosuro Megumi, mother of Soshi Kazusa, servant of the kami, priest of Ganesha and soon to become more things. My cousin is an expert on Gaijin culture and she is the reason I understand what you asked for yesterday. "

Really I should have guessed. What family OTHER then a Shosuro could play a Unicorn so well.

Janisha does not look surprised, merely commenting, "I considered asking for your true family name when we last met, and when you showed me such trust. I did not but now that I have it, I would like to thank you, Shosuro Megumi-sama, for what you have done for me. I give my word to share this with no one. Should you like, this will be the first and last time I use your real name."

Shosuro Megumi wrote:You have questions, Janisha-san? I will gladly answer them. I have an additional one as well. Do you intend to contact the Mother of Blood? If she opposes her son for some reason, She might be willing to render aid to Rokugan after all..."

"The scroll was given to me for a purpose...should that purpose involve contacting the Mother of Blood, I will do so. However until such time as it does, I will work through her intermediary. I have quite strong reason to believe that the High Priest of Shahai is likewise aware of his mother's opinion on this matter. To contact her directly if it is unnecessary would simply anger her."

She paused and looked at the scroll, "However...I believe it will prove necessary. I would not have been given a prayer that could draw her attention otherwise. But I will not do it till such time as it is clear that I should."

Moving onto her earlier comment about questions, she said, "This one knows a very limited amount about the Jewel, but your knowledge will allow me to see if something I request from the Scorpion may even exist there. The knowledge required to create the Golems of the Ivindi was lost by the Ivory Kingdoms long before the Destroyers came...they banned Magic, viewing it something only gods and demons should use, and as such only a select few spells, only known and mastered by priests were known by the time the Destroyers rose up. It would not be unfair to say that it is possibly the reason why they failed to the Destroyers.

But the Jewel is the hub of the world, and so if any knowledge of how the ancient Ivindi cast their spells, how they made their golems, and thus how we can make them ourselves, exists still, it would be there. But you have lived there, so you would know better then I. Would the Libraries of the Jewel contain the knowledge the Kingdom of Zogeku seeks, or should we ask something different of the Scorpion for our agreement?"

Yogo Katsuyori wrote:"I can summon her with this scroll. I will ask for relevant orders tomorrow."

Janisha almost glares at the Yogo, "You will not cast that spell without myself present. I give you that copy for research, and to inform the Jade Champion... If this was me just being extorted, and the Fortune of Blood is playing a long game, I would not have your soul as well as my own damned. And if the Susumu was right and this was intended for me rather then a random find, that you would use it would do nothing but anger the Fortune of Blood for calling on that which wasn't intended for you, something we cannot afford if she currently sides with us over her son."

She calms for a moment and said, "Now...I thought you said this was a minor prayer? I take it you have discovered far more just in the process of fixing it?"
•Colonial Mantis • Disturbing Countenance (unhealthy pale skin) • Gaijin Name •
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:06 am

She is so adorable.

"Lady Janisha my soul is already lost. All here know about it. You fear, I know. You don't understand what 's happening I know. You were young and you were dealt an impossible hand and noone was there to guide you. You look around and you see only threats. I never said I will summon Her on my own. The incantation needs one to pray and one to be targeted. Do you think that you will find many people who will volunteer to be targeted by maho? Or do you think I would chat about it casually if I was not confident I will survive it."

He turned to his cousin.

"Can you make her understand? I am tired of explaining myself any time I try to help."

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:30 am

Janisha stares silently for a long mement before speaking, "If she uses this spell to pay my Obligation Yogo-sama...you may not stand up afterwards. We are talking about a lot of blood owed."

A death on my hands....his soul in Jigoku because of me.

But he is Scorpion...he won't hesitate.

"Should I be right, and I hope I am not, I will pray for you when this is all over."

Moving on, she's said, "I need a brush, Ink and a Scroll to copy Reflections."
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:23 am

Katsuyori handed her what she needed.

"There will be nothing like this. Lord Bayushi has not given me liberty to die yet. I don't plan to die. You heard yesterday what I plan to do. Kuniken-san will need help and we have a library to visit."

Shosuro Megumi

Postby Shosuro Megumi » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:14 am

"Janisha-san, the knowledge you seek is alive and well in the Jewel. The making of golems is an art practiced by the Sahir of the desert. I have no practical knowledge myself, but I can guide you to it, or procure it and send it your way should you so wish.

I am not certain you need to actually cast that spell to contact Her. The passages to invoke her contain the prayers to get her attention. Actually wielding that power to make somebody bleed is not necessary, I believe. But I concur, the Mother of Blood must be contacted. She may be a Dark Fortune, but she is a mother as well. To do what it takes to protect your daughter is something I understand well. Very, very well."

There is steel in Megumi's eyes.

"If there is a chance to gain an advantage over Kanpeki I would be willing to do so myself if you believe your debt is already too high to pay. If She wants her daughter safeguarded and is willing to extend the same to mine there is little I would not do in return."

Little? Nothing is much more accurate...
Shinjo Megumi • "Unicorn" Clan • Courtier • Loremaster • Shugenja • Air
As of day 12 wears a necklace with a star sapphire with a Unicorn mon. As of day 21 she is a Jade Magistrate.

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:36 am

"So are we in this together or there are still doubts Janisha -san?"

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:14 pm

Taking the materials, Janisha pulls out her own spell scroll and begins to translate the Reflections of P'an Ku from Moshi Cypher to a more standard script, "I need not tell you this scroll cannot fall into the hands of someone who would recognise my handwriting, or what lengths you should go to hide this spell. You are Scorpion, you know this stuff better then me."

Shosuro Megumi wrote:"Janisha-san, the knowledge you seek is alive and well in the Jewel. The making of golems is an art practised by the Sahir of the desert. I have no practical knowledge myself, but I can guide you to it, or procure it and send it your way should you so wish.

Janisha nods simply in response to that, "Then we have something we both need and want. Zogeku is a child of Ivory as well as Emerald and we will need the strength of both if we are to survive the incoming Yodatai, even if we defeat the Onyx. As for if its aquired for us or we are led to it, I will need to talk to my Delegation Head before confirming anything."

And hopefully this means we won't need to use poisons.

"I am not certain you need to actually cast that spell to contact Her. The passages to invoke her contain the prayers to get her attention. Actually wielding that power to make somebody bleed is not necessary, I believe. But I concur, the Mother of Blood must be contacted. She may be a Dark Fortune, but she is a mother as well.

"If there is a chance to gain an advantage over Kanpeki I would be willing to do so myself if you believe your debt is already too high to pay. If She wants her daughter safeguarded and is willing to extend the same to mine there is little I would not do in return." "

Janisha gives a soft smile, although shares a similar if weaker look of determination, "You have missed much, as you said yourself, and remain one of the few untainted Scorpion. This one is hesitant to share the load, to make others have to carry part of my burden at the best of times. It would be completely irresponsible to do so now."

She holds up her hand for a second, knowing that Megumi possibly had more to say, "She sought to teach this Moshi to stand instead of bow in terror...that was likely not my only failing in her eyes, but it was the one that annoyed her most. To pass this onto you would be to bow to fear once more." Whether she had the spine to look upon a Fortune without Kowtowing in terrified respect, she didn't know. But she wouldn't risk the Empire due to her fear.

Yogo Katsuyori wrote:"So are we in this together or there are still doubts Janisha -san?"

"One final question...not of doubt, Yogo-sama....I don't doubt your intent to see this through to the end, and stopped doing so when you didn't kill me for showing a maho scroll to you. Simply concern."

Whether I survive to such an end is a different matter, but if Shahai kills me, and saves the Empier, then I have done my duty.

"Your blessing... interacting with this scroll or being in the presence of Shahai should we draw her attention will not remove it, correct? You, Bayushi-sama and Soshi-sama were rightly concerned by its presence and although I didn't understand at the time, now that you have told me what the book contains....no one deserves to be controlled by the Jealous Realm."
Description

Return to “Loyalist Scorpion Faction Embassy”