[Day 20, Early Afternoon, Private] To collect a Scroll.

Upon the third floor of the Tenshukaku, the Scorpion Clan are given comfortable accommodations. In their common chamber, the lord of the Dragon has left them a gift: A apparently plain paper lantern of stark white. When lit, however, the inner lantern illuminates a vibrant red with the story of the scorpion and frog painted portrayed in shadow-relief.
Shosuro Megumi

Re: [Day 20, Early Afternoon, Private] To collect a Scroll.

Postby Shosuro Megumi » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:01 pm

Megumi smiles warmly at the Moshi.

"I will not show this scroll to anyone. I'll transcribe it to my own cypher and destroy this one. And I thank you for your courage, Janisha-san. This scroll may lead me to alternatives. I will not risk my soul on a whim, I assure you, but neither would I risk your life in the same manner. But let us promise each other that none of us will not call upon the Dark Fortune upon their own."
Shinjo Megumi • "Unicorn" Clan • Courtier • Loremaster • Shugenja • Air
As of day 12 wears a necklace with a star sapphire with a Unicorn mon. As of day 21 she is a Jade Magistrate.

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:30 pm

"Since you know the precautions I took in order to just fix this scroll, you already know the answer. But since Janisha needs some encouragement to understnad that I know what I am doing, please describe to her what happened in that room and why I did not want her or Zetsubou-sama in there."

He was not sure that it was that but it was the first time in a while that he might be feeling tired.
Scorpion Clan • Loyal • Shugenja • Wardmaster • Kuroiban
Description - Post D26 I mainly use my Death mask (check description), Post D27 I got Dreadlocks

Shosuro Megumi

Postby Shosuro Megumi » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:56 pm

"I already hinted at it, I believe. The Enemy has a new... weapon. A blessing which can mask and suppress all signs of the taint, up to including their infectious nature and the test of jade. It will unravel however if the subject is tainted further. And none of my kin has escaped the touch of Jigoku and to hear them tell of it, it is not the light caress you suffer."

Megumi's look of profound sadness does not seem an act...
As of day 12 wears a necklace with a star sapphire with a Unicorn mon. As of day 21 she is a Jade Magistrate.

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:09 pm

Since they were into sharing Katsuyori got up and went behind one of the shoji screens he had in his quarters. When he returned he carried some scrolls he left them next to his cousin.

"In order to fix the scroll you brought me I actually asked two of my kin, one touched and one not touched to cover their weapons in Jade and explained to them what to anticipate if I failed. It could get ugly. I actually oveerstimated how hard it would be for me to fix it, since it went smoother than I expected and I am not lucky, as my cousin will confirm."
Description - Post D26 I mainly use my Death mask (check description), Post D27 I got Dreadlocks

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:34 am

Janisha nods, "Yogo-sama hinted at the blessing earlier. Thus my concern for its removal. But as you have shown such caution in its repair have clearly considered all the risks, and will likely have someone present to deal with what the unfortunate results will be should something go wrong when we attempt to draw the Fortune of Blood's attention."

Finishing her completed prayer she hands it to Megumi, "And I can accept that promise. I give my word not to call upon the Dark Fortune without all three in this room present unless either of you has passed to Emma-o's judgement."

She looks at the Maho scroll one last time.

As if I would even consider doing it in any situation but the most dire of situations....but then, that's this courts nature.
•Colonial Mantis • Disturbing Countenance (unhealthy pale skin) • Gaijin Name •
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:39 am

"I assume that you have consulted wih someone that has simular hobbies with the Kuni, since you never asked me of how to deal with your condition, whatever that is."

He lit up is pipe and took a large sip. He turned to his cousin.

"Have you brought me the scrolls I asked of you? I could use an illusion so that you get to see how I was before that happened."

Shosuro Megumi

Postby Shosuro Megumi » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:28 am

Megumi offers another bow and smile to Janisha.

"I did indeed, cousin." Megumi takes out her scroll case. Opening it with care she takes out a number of prayer scrolls and with a little bow offers it to her cousin.

"I believe this would suit your needs, Katsu-kun."

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:25 pm

Yogo Katsuyori wrote:"I assume that you have consulted with someone that has simular hobbies with the Kuni, since you never asked me of how to deal with your condition, whatever that is."

"I am cursed, and have a debt to a Fortune...while some families know curses better then the Moshi, the Yogo being a prime example of that, it is worth remembering we had a Daimyo live for over 130 years due to her being cursed by Lady Sun for her ambition. Our knowledge of curses, especially those caused Fortunes isn't minor. Otherwise I was given a copy of Strength of Shinsei's Crow to decrease the risk of taint."

Janisha considers, and then said, "Is that everything Yogo-sama, Shinjo-sama? I cannot think of anything more, but I am not sure when I will be meeting with the Scorpion next."
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:36 pm

"No it isn't." He looked at her.

She sould be that awesome beneath all this whatever she calls it... Why must she be orange?

"As you said my family is the best on curses. So I assume that you would use an expert opinion on dealing with whatever you have. I mean the first step in overcoming a curse is to understand it. I know since I recently learned that I have broken one of mine. Will you answer my questions? "

He paused to use his fan to speak with his cousin.

"Zetsubou-sama used the eyes of the sodan-senzo and saw my curses. He mentioned the Touch and a Blessing, but not our family curse. I have no idea when I broke it."

He retracted his fan and turned to the Moshi.

"By the way Lady Amaterasu commited jigai. It has been some years that we have a Jade Sun. I find your lack of proper deference problematic."

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:06 pm

Janisha's voice instantly goes cold, "Yogo-sama...I do not take questions on the forfillment duty well. The Moshi family on the whole does not take the implication that Lady Amaterasu's Jigai makes her unworthy of devotion equally poorly. I am going to assume you did not just do either of those and misunderstand what happened with Moshi Jukio-shiryo's curse."

The coldness fades just a touch and she speaks, "Its also an interesting demonstration of Amaterasu no Kami's continued Power. You see, Moshi Jukio-shiryo was cursed days before Lady Sun commited Jigai. She, and the other Moshi that were cursed to live until they Sacrificed selflessly, did not find the Longevity curse ever faded. While the last have passed by now, the curse did not grow weaker with time.

Likewise and more importantly, her blessing has not faded either. Those trained as Moshi, no matter what bloodline they come from develop a unique insight into fire magic during the day. Many Moshi have studied these effects and after we went to Zogeku, had people trained in Zogeku and still they had the blessing, our only conclusion is it comes from the Sun itself.

And finally with the death of Torturi the Second many, many years past, Amaterasu no Kami's soul is free of Ningen-do. Just as the Celestial Court waits for Shinjo no Kami to die and return to her place among the Kami, Amaterasu no Kami, Lady Sun or not, still has a place in the Celestial Heavens. Your soul doesn't stop being a Kami Yogo-sama. You simply become mortal for a time."
Description

Return to “Loyalist Scorpion Faction Embassy”