[Day 20, Early Afternoon, Private] To collect a Scroll.

Upon the third floor of the Tenshukaku, the Scorpion Clan are given comfortable accommodations. In their common chamber, the lord of the Dragon has left them a gift: A apparently plain paper lantern of stark white. When lit, however, the inner lantern illuminates a vibrant red with the story of the scorpion and frog painted portrayed in shadow-relief.
Yogo Katsuyori

Re: [Day 20, Early Afternoon, Private] To collect a Scroll.

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:17 pm

"Yeah, that's not the subject. We are talking about your condition. Of course everything you said is correct. You know your family better than I do."
Scorpion Clan • Loyal • Shugenja • Wardmaster • Kuroiban
Description - Post D26 I mainly use my Death mask (check description), Post D27 I got Dreadlocks

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:32 pm

((OOC: Not Orange anymore...back to brown. Just thought I would point that out. Orange was only for those two days.))

Yogo Katsuyori wrote:"By the way Lady Amaterasu commited jigai. It has been some years that we have a Jade Sun. I find your lack of proper deference problematic."

"You challenged my deference to the Jade Sun. The Jade Sun I mention so much more often, and actually gave the Phoenix a statue of for their morning prayers. To do so implies you think Lady Sun is either unworthy of praise now, or that I do not praise the Jade Sun enough. I gave you a third exit in misunderstanding Moshi Jukio-shiryo's curse.

I suggest you take it." It would be so easy for her to lash out, to give in to the temper that raged within her as she had so many other times. If it had been anyone else, she would have. Even now it would be so easy.

"Ask your questions Yogo-sama, before I forget why I came here." Her voice was an odd mix of pleading and demanding.
•Colonial Mantis • Disturbing Countenance (unhealthy pale skin) • Gaijin Name •
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:34 pm

"When did the first physical marks manifest, has it affected you diet, does your skin react to the Jade Sun or the Obsidian Moon?" He asked as he got up and moved with the scrolls his cousin gave him behind the shiji screen again.
Description - Post D26 I mainly use my Death mask (check description), Post D27 I got Dreadlocks

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:20 pm

Yogo Katsuyori wrote:"When did the first physical marks manifest,"

"I will mention the marks I associate with the Curse rather then my extreme pale skin. That is older, more likely to do with the water kami's favour of me, and I couldn't give you an exact date for it anyway...it happened over time, slowly.

What I would consider the curse proper happened in the Month of the Goat, in 1207. The exact day in that month should not need naming, for a particularly famous event occurred in that month that led to the birth of the Dark Fortunes. No other day is more appropriate to try and appease them."

"Has it affected you diet?"

"I need slightly more meat, soy or Tofu in my diet then I did before, something I believe I have in common with people who have suffered a lot of lost blood due to an injury. I don't have enough knowledge of medicine to be sure however.

More importantly is my greater reliance on Kave and Tea to keep my energy up. I am not sure it counts as a change though if I did it to deal with a Symptom rather then as a result of the condition."

"Does your skin react to the Jade Sun or the Obsidian Moon?"

This question she hesitates in answering before she finally said, "No to both, however I feel I must remind you that in the case of the Jade Sun that is somewhat unnatural. In the past, I could not be burned or harmed by the Jade Sun, that is no longer true. What is true is such burns heal quicker then normal and my skin shows no sign of sun damage, freckles or other such blemishes after the water kami healed them when I was younger. Again this is likely more due to my connection to the water kami then anything else."

She falls silent for a moment, and then said, "There is one other thing as well. Are either of you familiar with a weapon called an Urumi? Its from the Ivory Kingdoms and is possibly one of the nastiest weapons ever conceived. After the meeting with Shahai where she made her displeasure known I was left with a scar which looks like one hit me in the back. I do not know if its part of the curse or the result of....previously mentioned painful displeasure. It doesn't interfere with my movement or life though."

((OOC: Just in case either of you decide you need to see it or test it, I can tell you this is a purely RP scar that has no connection to the curse and more connected to the suffering that came before it.))
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:14 pm

He looked at the scrolls and found Mask of Wind. He removed his mask and his outer kimono.

He prayed to the Air Kami [TN 20]. Soon his body changed to that of a Tsuno like red creature.

"I hope that you don't skream when I come out."

He said as he went outside. Ona-chan's mother has given him a mirror years ago. He wanted to look as he did last time he looked at himself before getting invited to here.

He was higher and larger, not muscled though. He had a scale like skin and two long horns protrubed from his head.

He shyly opened the shoji screen and returned to them.

Shosuro Megumi

Postby Shosuro Megumi » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:15 am

Megumi frowns and looks profoundly sad.

"Oh Kami! I know you said so, but this is so much more than a slight taint. Have all..." She swallows. "Have all of you been affected in a similar manner? My dau... Kazusa-sama as well?"
Shinjo Megumi • "Unicorn" Clan • Courtier • Loremaster • Shugenja • Air
As of day 12 wears a necklace with a star sapphire with a Unicorn mon. As of day 21 she is a Jade Magistrate.

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:30 am

"No. I have walked alone this path. Lady Kazusa and Ona-chan were probably touched as a result of trying to keep everyone fed. Not that I am sure they were touched. The challenge of jade doesn't work anymore."

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:58 pm

Janisha stares, a touch of fear in her eyes as she goes over what she said earlier to the Susumu.

No... I can't have been that right, there is no way I was that right, it was a guess, a pure guess, how could I possibly be that right.

Finally she wills herself to speak, "Yogo-sama...is this purely a result of the Taint or did the Onyx throne do something more to you? As I said before, the Fortune of Blood seems to support the her granddaughter over her son...my talks with the Susumu suggest this is because he did something so dark even the Dark Fortunes could not accept it...."

She trails off. Maybe she is wrong and this is all just the result of the Taint.
Description

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:09 pm

Katsuyori chuckled.

"My cousin will verify that I started changing at some point after I was initiated in my order. I suspect that things changed between then and me killing my sensei. Finding Kyuden Bayushi torched did not help. I have spent some time in the ruins hunting things. Then I realized that without a Traitor's Grove I can not claim the kill of the Traitor. I have avoided my family since then. It became delicate when they started hunting me down. Ona-chan's mother offered me protections and I owe to her and her family more than to anyone but Lord Bayushi."

He lit up his pipe.

"Then I meet my cousin here and she is willing to humor my madness that I might survive that and here we are discussing about getting to the Jewel and back to learn how to assemble Golems, how to contact a Dark Fortune and other stuff. I meant what I asked from our delegations nakodo yesterday. You don't need to start courting you before the end of this court. But if it is going to happen I will need you to be able to not hide from me as I do not plan on hiding from you and I have no idea how to court, as my dear cousin will also verify"

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:57 pm

Janisha blinked, several times, as the Yogo proceeded not to answer her question at all, but instead move onto courting of all things.

Yes, cause people want to discuss marriage contracts while you look like a creature from the realm of battle and blood. I don't understand you Yogo-sama...why did you do this? What exactly are you trying to show?

She remained silent, not trusting anything she could say right now.
Description

Return to “Loyalist Scorpion Faction Embassy”