[Day 25 LA] Formal Negotiation

Upon the third floor of the Tenshukaku, the Scorpion Clan are given comfortable accommodations. In their common chamber, the lord of the Dragon has left them a gift: A apparently plain paper lantern of stark white. When lit, however, the inner lantern illuminates a vibrant red with the story of the scorpion and frog painted portrayed in shadow-relief.
Kakita Kyoumi

[Day 25 LA] Formal Negotiation

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:41 pm

Standing outside the Scorpion Embassy, Kakita Kyoumi draws her cousin to a stop in the snow.

"Thank you for coming with me," she says. "Before we go in, I wanted to make sure you were all right with what I am doing here. I know you will support me and help me. I will be forever grateful for that. But I want you to understand why. I know you may be taunted in this meeting, and probably the next. Please hold patience. Please."
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Kakita Karasu

Re: [Day 25 LA] Formal Negotiation

Postby Kakita Karasu » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:18 pm

Karasu does not look pleased to be here but she has seen him look worse.

"The Scorpion are not to be trusted on the best of days but the Soshi has proven herself to be more level headed then her compatriots. I will truly try to behave. It is our next meeting that worries me."
Emerald ChampionDuelistPistoleer • Crane Clan • Samurai • Soul of Shiba Mako
Raised Eyebrow of Derision
After day 24 he wears a Yellow and Orange wrapped tanto in his belt.
Winter Court Iaijutsu Champion

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:20 pm

The poet nods stiffly. "I know. Me too. But we have to give everything, everything we can give to Nozomi-sama. The general needs to decide this. They aren't our lives to offer."
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Kakita Karasu

Postby Kakita Karasu » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:25 pm

The thought of loosing a Third of the Crane is a sobering thought.

"I see. I will try to remain silent unless prompted. This is a meeting with the Onyx. We should treat it as such."

Karasu shakes out his sword hand. Just in case.
Emerald ChampionDuelistPistoleer • Crane Clan • Samurai • Soul of Shiba Mako
Raised Eyebrow of Derision
After day 24 he wears a Yellow and Orange wrapped tanto in his belt.
Winter Court Iaijutsu Champion

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:28 pm

"Yes."

With that, she and Karasu reach the steps of the Onyx Scorpion embassy and ask permission to enter. They are expected.
Appearance

Bayushi Onasugamiso

Postby Bayushi Onasugamiso » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:52 pm

One of the guards checks the presented chops and accompanies the two samurai inside the Scorpion embassy. She stops outside one of the rooms and scratches the door politely. "Lady Kyoumi of the Kakita and her yojimbo, Kakita Karasu sama." She announces.

She opens the door and bows to the Crane, before departing. The room is quite scacy, yet cosy. Two shoji screens cover one of the corners and a small shrine is on the opposite corner. A discreet scent of lavender can be detected and quite a few candles are lit in front of the shrine. In the middle of the room there is a small table with various cushions around it.

Bayushi Onasugamiso stands close to the entrance of the room and bows to the two Kakita. "Good afternoon, Kakita san. Kakita san. Blessings upon you and yours. Please, do come inside."
Loyal * Courtier * Storyteller * Dangerous Beauty * Rep Killer * Has studied her scrolls * Description

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:04 pm

Kakita Kyoumi gives a polite bow...as deep, or maybe just a little bit deeper, than is appropriate. "Thank you, Bayushi-san. We appreciate you taking the time."
Appearance

Bayushi Onasugamiso

Postby Bayushi Onasugamiso » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:43 pm

"Always a pleasure, Kakita san." She gestures for them to take a seat at the pillows around the table and after they have done so, Ona kneels across them herself. She reaches for a tea set that lies on a smaller side table. "I have prepared some tea. Should I pour some for you, as well or I should assume that you don't feel particularly thirsty this afternoon?"
Loyal * Courtier * Storyteller * Dangerous Beauty * Rep Killer * Has studied her scrolls * Description

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:57 pm

"Please." With that, she pulls out the small cloth bag she had hidden in the folds of her kimono, and sets out on the table two cups. The cups are made of a local pottery. One has the calligraphied kanji for 'Courtesy' on the bottom, and the second has the kanji for 'Duty' on the bottom. She passes the second to Karasu.

She also removes from the bag three of the ripest, freshest, most beautiful peaches any here had ever seen, at least until this morning. She gives one to Karasu, and lays the other in front of Onasugamiso.

I'm trying to learn.
Appearance

Bayushi Onasugamiso

Postby Bayushi Onasugamiso » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:16 pm

The Bayushi takes a cup out of her sleeve and places it in front of her. She pours tea for Kyoumi, Karasou and herself at the end. It is a quite bitter and invigorating blend. Then she looks at the fruit in front of her. Pleasantries, gift giving, refusal... Everything goes through her mind. At the end, she decides to go with acceptance and see where the Crane intend to get this meeting to. She reaches for the peach and smiles faintly. "Sharing then?" She brings it close to her mouth and takes a bite. Ona chews slowly before speaking again. "It is quite nice. It feels like home in a sense." Next she places it on the table again and reaches for her cup of tea. She sips some in order to allow the Kakita understand that there is nothing wrong with it and places the cup back on the table.

Return to “Loyalist Scorpion Faction Embassy”