Day 25--le) whispers on the breeze

Upon the third floor of the Tenshukaku, the Scorpion Clan are given comfortable accommodations. In their common chamber, the lord of the Dragon has left them a gift: A apparently plain paper lantern of stark white. When lit, however, the inner lantern illuminates a vibrant red with the story of the scorpion and frog painted portrayed in shadow-relief.
Shosuro Tosaku

Re: Day 25--le) whispers on the breeze

Postby Shosuro Tosaku » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:43 pm

"I figured as much. She must remain peasant that is the whole point of the legion even if it may be reckonized as the imperials legion. However I can not speak for Hikahime on any of these matters as I have not met her" that was true enough.

"The spear of Emma-O was brought up in the meeting as well but Moto Chinua did not bother to really say much about it." He was not sure why it was even mentioned really. He went back through his memory for everything else.
"Unicorn" Clan - "Utaku Rio"- married to Utaku Kimiono - shadowed heart
as of day 12: wears a star sapphire pendant with the unicorn mon.
"From a barren wasteland the impossible can arise."

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:09 pm

"The spear is held by our clan...or was", she shook her head. "Bayushi Norimasa wielded at the winter court of 1199 in aid of rescuing Miaka-denka. Apparently the fortune tasked him with being his spear carrier. The story concludes that he vanished shortly after the war began. I asked lord Nitoshi if he knew Norimasa's dealings and location, he said it was not known."
Scorpion Clan • Loyal • Samurai • Delegation Head
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Shosuro Tosaku

Postby Shosuro Tosaku » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:26 pm

"It is the same with everyone. I knew he carried it but not what happened to him after the war began. So it being mentioned now is pause for some consideration but largely irrelevant to that which is going on now." He took a breath. There was not much else of use that he got from all of that. "Have you seen anything suspicious around the castle or the imperial offices since our meeting with the Seppun?"

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:29 pm

"Only that the Mirumoto have no idea of how to keep a castle organized for defense of important visitors...", she rubs bridge of her nose.
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Shosuro Tosaku

Postby Shosuro Tosaku » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:14 pm

He laughs a little at that. "You noticed that too. Seems the younger guards have no idea but those old in higher positions seem to need a wake up call so perhaps that is why they have us."

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:16 pm

"Well it would appear Megumi-san has given them a scare, at least."

"What do you plan to do in aiding them?"

Shosuro Tosaku

Postby Shosuro Tosaku » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:29 pm

"Keeping myself as near as possible. Things are a buzz in the camp and I had given one of their head guards men my word I would let him know if anything ill was coming out of the camps after night fall." He thought for a moment. "I can only do so much though. But I'll remain close where I hide best." There was a pause.

"I am unsure of what the voice wants of me but we shall see. I'm still trying to wrap my head around when I became the trusted one. It's not something I am entirely used to. Unless of course that is the job I'm given." He could usually bribe things out of people get what he needed by other means. Court was a monster.

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:42 pm

"Then I will rely on you to be watchful, and to act at the right time", she says. "We will need jade. Can you help arrange that?"

Shosuro Tosaku

Postby Shosuro Tosaku » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:26 pm

He thinks for a moment. "If Lady Shosuro has Jade I can get some. I can see if I can request some from dragon as well but that might take longer." He would see what he could do though. Looks like he was going to be busy.

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:39 pm

"I will ask the Seppun as well", Kazusa adds. "This is not going to be easy, Tosaku-san", she uses his first name pointedly. "Though I am pleased we have been chosen to work together."

Return to “Loyalist Scorpion Faction Embassy”