[Day 25 - Mid] - A Word Only Twins Know

Upon the third floor of the Tenshukaku, the Scorpion Clan are given comfortable accommodations. In their common chamber, the lord of the Dragon has left them a gift: A apparently plain paper lantern of stark white. When lit, however, the inner lantern illuminates a vibrant red with the story of the scorpion and frog painted portrayed in shadow-relief.
Shiba Michio

Re: [Day 25 - Mid] - A Word Only Twins Know

Postby Shiba Michio » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:10 pm

Michio quirks an eyebrow at that. "I am impressed, Shoshi-san. We had thought this might be a matter of some months."

He considers. "That would explain some things. Our thanks. I will speak with Isawa-hime and see if she can recast the divinations in the next few days."
Shiba Swordsman - Sensei of the Black Hand - Day 30: Obsidian Oracle - Bearer of the Obsidian Hand
"This is a start."

Wearing a band of old cloth (the sling of the yojimbo of the first lord of the Suzume) around his wrist.

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:18 pm

"I am not the supreme expert on heraldry, but knowing a bit of history helps clear up questions such as these. I owe the monks of Tenjin much", she says. She warms up Michio's tea. "Was there another matter? I find our discussions enjoyable enough to keep you here if you are not too busy."
Scorpion Clan • Loyal • Samurai • Delegation Head
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:23 pm

"My thanks. Not as such, though I admit I am looking forward to today's competition. What happened at the beginning of Court is regrettable and I would not have it be your last memory of the Phoenix's traditions of iaijutsu."

He tastes the tea again. "As well, I have not seen Ona for several days. Our last conversation touched on the subject of rebirth and it troubled her I think."
Shiba Swordsman - Sensei of the Black Hand - Day 30: Obsidian Oracle - Bearer of the Obsidian Hand
"This is a start."

Wearing a band of old cloth (the sling of the yojimbo of the first lord of the Suzume) around his wrist.

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:27 pm

Shiba Michio wrote:"My thanks. Not as such, though I admit I am looking forward to today's competition. What happened at the beginning of Court is regrettable and I would not have it be your last memory of the Phoenix's traditions of iaijutsu."

"I realize the nature of what occurred, and regardless of the the act, the outcome has shown it was the simplest way for the outcome we have now", Kazusa says, tasting the tea again. "In any case, I am looking forward to the tournament as well. I am interested in seeing how well you have trained Utaku-san."

How can he not complain, or even wince? This is terrible. Sensei would beat me within an inch of my life...

Shiba Michio wrote:He tastes the tea again. "As well, I have not seen Ona for several days. Our last conversation touched on the subject of rebirth and it troubled her I think."

"Bayushi-san has been praying for some time. She needed to meditate on what has transpired. She seems to be prepared to meet with others again, however. I would call on her when you have need."
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:03 pm

Soshi Kazusa wrote:"I realize the nature of what occurred, and regardless of the the act, the outcome has shown it was the simplest way for the outcome we have now", Kazusa says, tasting the tea again. "In any case, I am looking forward to the tournament as well. I am interested in seeing how well you have trained Utaku-san."

"Her sensei were skilled but not practiced." A merry ghost dances behind his eyes. "And I am but the poor student of skilled teachers. But she has improved and will acquit herself with honor. What more can we ask for in this life?"

So. Much. Asako. Tea. Michio sips from the cup again.

"Bayushi-san has been praying for some time. She needed to meditate on what has transpired. She seems to be prepared to meet with others again, however. I would call on her when you have need."

"I am glad. Of us all I think she carries the heaviest burden." He makes a motion with his free hand, a curious twisting inward spiral. "Turned about and placed on a Way she had to become suited for.

And for yourself? Has the Court been what you hoped?"
"This is a start."

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:08 pm

Shiba Michio wrote:"And for yourself? Has the Court been what you hoped?"

"Hoped? I came here without such. My sensei used to tell me that hope is a drawn wakizashi, Shiba-san. I work with the circumstances given. As to what I.expected? I am learning new lessons, though I am uncertain if others are following suit."

"Yourself?"

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:15 pm

Soshi Kazusa wrote:"Yourself?"

Michio considers that for a time. "I would say instead that hope is a seed planted which blooms once every hundred years. If you wish your grandchildren to have it year round, you should be about your work now. To hold on to hope as a way to clarify and act is...fairly close to a drawn wakasashi."

He might actually be laughing a bit behind that stoic's mask.

"I have learned much and forgotten more. I have met people it who I hope to be saddened to face across the field of battle when we are old and wear the young out with our stories of how difficult our lives were in the days of shadow and ruin. The Phoenix have found a voice again, and we will try to set right what twelve-hundred years and a Kami's bargain could not."

He does smile at that.

"I have been told I am somewhat ambitious."
Last edited by Shiba Michio on Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This is a start."

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:21 pm

Shiba Michio wrote:"I have been told I am somewhat ambitious."

"As is proper of them", the Soshi answered with a smirk. "Still given the times we find ourselves in, I see that as necessary."

She sips the bitter tea. "I spoke with Akodo Kibo-san recently, tell me what you make of him if you would not mind."

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:35 pm

Soshi Kazusa wrote:
She sips the bitter tea. "I spoke with Akodo Kibo-san recently, tell me what you make of him if you would not mind."

Michio looks off into infinity. "A man I was honored to have join in my grandfather's kata. A strong enough leader to let his brothers lead, though he doubts his own strength. I would say he is the wisest of the Lion and perhaps of us all if he would simply speak. Or is it his wisdom that holds his words back?

What of Moshi Janisha?"
"This is a start."

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:39 pm

Shiba Michio wrote:Michio looks off into infinity. "A man I was honored to have join in my grandfather's kata. A strong enough leader to let his brothers lead, though he doubts his own strength. I would say he is the wisest of the Lion and perhaps of us all if he would simply speak. Or is it his wisdom that holds his words back?"

"I am of a similar mind."

Shiba Michio wrote:"What of Moshi Janisha?"

Moshi Janisha...
"She is a hare fleeing from danger, she is a lioness proudly facing world. She is a fool who cannot see what needs to be done, a sage who brings clarity to her fellows."

Kazusa tries not to shrug, almost mostly succeeds.

"A true denizen of ningen-do."

Return to “Loyalist Scorpion Faction Embassy”