[Day 25 - Mid] - A Word Only Twins Know

Upon the third floor of the Tenshukaku, the Scorpion Clan are given comfortable accommodations. In their common chamber, the lord of the Dragon has left them a gift: A apparently plain paper lantern of stark white. When lit, however, the inner lantern illuminates a vibrant red with the story of the scorpion and frog painted portrayed in shadow-relief.
Shiba Michio

Re: [Day 25 - Mid] - A Word Only Twins Know

Postby Shiba Michio » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:18 am

Soshi Kazusa wrote:"A true denizen of ningen-do."

"And one of the first rinjin. A fitting phrase, though I wonder what they will make it mean over time."

Michio looks down at the tea cup. "A question for you, from last night's conversation about strategy. In truth, what do you expect to happen as the ryu are released?"

He looks off into infinity. "The Isawa and Asako are stronger than they remember but my family has borne the brunt of the losses."
Shiba Swordsman - Sensei of the Black Hand - Day 30: Obsidian Oracle - Bearer of the Obsidian Hand
"This is a start."

Wearing a band of old cloth (the sling of the yojimbo of the first lord of the Suzume) around his wrist.

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:21 am

Shiba Michio wrote:Michio looks down at the tea cup. "A question for you, from last night's conversation about strategy. In truth, what do you expect to happen as the ryu are released?"

He looks off into infinity. "The Isawa and Asako are stronger than they remember but my family has borne the brunt of the losses."

"You will suffer. I cannot see the warlord holding back anything, as I said. You will sacrifice much to hold the mountains. I am sorry, but I see no future for Shiro Shiba other than devastation."
Scorpion Clan • Loyal • Samurai • Delegation Head
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:25 am

"As I thought. The artisans and non-combatants can be moved north, where the mountains and the Mori will provide some protection. There are enough of us left to buy time at least."

He sets the tea cup aside. "As well, many of those without the power to fight but with prayers will disperse to the other clans. That should again buy some little time for us finally get Heaven's attention once more."
Shiba Swordsman - Sensei of the Black Hand - Day 30: Obsidian Oracle - Bearer of the Obsidian Hand
"This is a start."

Wearing a band of old cloth (the sling of the yojimbo of the first lord of the Suzume) around his wrist.

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:17 am

Kazusa shook her head.

"That we think there is research required to regain Tengoku's favor is...", she fought a grunt and drank her bitter tea instead. "It feels wrong. All the heavens have ever demanded is we be humble, honorable, helpful, benevolent, and righteous enough to stand for the order of our world and what is just. We lost that wisdom, believing we are right after having studied heaven for so long, by thinking there is a system to it that can be quantified."
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:57 am

"We are of like mind in that, though when I raise the thought everyone's minds leaps to rituals and beautiful words to trick the kami when I am suggesting people humbly pray and lift their heroic hearts to the heavens." Something that might be a laugh comes out, quickly extinguished. "I've come to half expect the shugenja I speak to ask me for a prayer scroll for "Heroic Hearts.""
"This is a start."

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:36 am

Kazusa smirked.

"Well, we'll show them. You more overtly, myself as a mirror of them. I feel silly sometimes, mocking them to help them, but if I am kind from the beginning, they will think I'm up to something. Only after the Scorpion stings, is pressed under boot, and then scurries to safety by way of apology can anyone think it is telling the truth."

"It has taken time", she says evenly. "A long time. Over twenty days."

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:50 pm

Soshi Kazusa wrote:"It has taken time", she says evenly. "A long time. Over twenty days."

"It takes time for the mud to clear from the waters and only a moment to act. Well, a moment and decades of preparation."

He considers. "You've held up the mirror for them and they have listened. For what it is worth, one of the Shiba thanks you."
"This is a start."

Return to “Loyalist Scorpion Faction Embassy”