[D25 LA]Aside: Informal Negotiations

Upon the third floor of the Tenshukaku, the Scorpion Clan are given comfortable accommodations. In their common chamber, the lord of the Dragon has left them a gift: A apparently plain paper lantern of stark white. When lit, however, the inner lantern illuminates a vibrant red with the story of the scorpion and frog painted portrayed in shadow-relief.
Soshi Kazusa

[D25 LA]Aside: Informal Negotiations

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:11 pm

Kazusa leads Kousuda down the hall to her own quarters. She slides the door open and bids him enter.

Inside her tatami is stored away, leaving the floor space open for a small table with a calligraphy set, her daisho in against the wall in between two distinct sets of armor, one much more finely crafted than the other. A small painting of a mountain range, a Unicorn could identify the Seikitsu easily, hangs on the opposite wall. The room is clean of trash and clutter, a few scrolls sit on a shelf next to the door. There is a small shrine next to the swords and armor, the figures at the base represent the four scorpion founders, with Bayushi held in the highest reverence. A small figure of Tenjin accompanies them.

"Make yourself comfortable, Ide-san", she says generously.
Scorpion Clan • Loyal • Samurai • Delegation Head
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Ide Kousuda

Re: [D25 LA]Aside: Informal Negotiations

Postby Ide Kousuda » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:52 pm

"Thank you, Soshi-san." Kousuda says as he sits at the table. "Your quarters are tastefully kept. My compliments."
Unicorn Clan Courtier - Hero of the People
Appearance!
We must dare to be bold in these dark times...

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:09 pm

"It is the least I can do for my hosts", she says. She doesn't sit down yet. There is a knock on the door. "Enter", she says. Then she sits.

A servant appears, the one sent to get her. He smiles at Kousuda, likely having heard of his reputation, leaves the tea and exits.

"Thank you", Kazusa says as he departs. Then she turns back to the Ide, picking up the pot. "You seemed to have some sort of business with me, so I will let you go first. Tea?"
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:01 am

"Yes, please." he says bowing his head in thanks. "Indeed. I seek... clarity. To clear the uncertainty surrounding court. Around the Scorpion. I will speak openly, if that is alright with you. I would ask that you reciprocate my candor."
Appearance!

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:34 am

"Candor I can do", she says as she pours the tea. "Revealing secrets without cost...", tisks playfully. "That just won't do, Ide-san."

She sits down, leaving the pot between them, her own cup empty.

"However, I am one who understands reciprocation."

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:53 am

"Hai, hai. I did not expect us to simply spill our secrets upon the floor." Kousuda says, waving the thought away.

After pouring tea for Kazusa, he rubs his beard in thought, pondering how to start this.

"Why do you wish to know about Arashi? What purpose does this information you seek serve?"
Appearance!

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:57 am

"When someone gives you a challenge, Ide-san, do you simply walk away from it?" she sips the tea. It was pretty good. Treating that particular servant well was paying dividends. "In any case, I learned Zogeku was still blessed by the heavens, Moshi-san offered me a clue as to why, as far as she was concerned, in any case."

Sip.

"And so, learning that the Oracle of Thunder practically ordained his ascension to being warlord told me he was a man who I would want to know more about. And I have."

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:04 am

"Personally, I suppose that would depend on the challenge, but I can see the sentiment."

He takes a sip of the tea. Quite good. Kazusa was certainly a gracious host.

"Have you learned of anything particularly juicy?"
Appearance!

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:26 am

"He is a hero of theirs, retuned from Yomi, or perhaps even Tengoku", she says with certainty. "Did he come to guide them to saving the Empire, or merely to guide them to safety for themselves? That I cannot say."

"What have you learned about it?"

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:37 am

"That he has fallen from Tengoku. That he is not a hero of the Mantis, but rather the hero of the Mantis. That he is, or was, Yoritomo-no-Kami." Kousuda says calmly.

He takes another sip of tea.
Appearance!

Return to “Loyalist Scorpion Faction Embassy”