[D25 LA]Aside: Informal Negotiations

Upon the third floor of the Tenshukaku, the Scorpion Clan are given comfortable accommodations. In their common chamber, the lord of the Dragon has left them a gift: A apparently plain paper lantern of stark white. When lit, however, the inner lantern illuminates a vibrant red with the story of the scorpion and frog painted portrayed in shadow-relief.
Soshi Kazusa

Re: [D25 LA]Aside: Informal Negotiations

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:39 am

"I suspected as such", Kazusa says calmly. "It must have happened when the second seal was broken, and Tengoku became lost to us."

A nod.

"And so, what else is there you wish to speak on, Ide-san?"
Scorpion Clan • Loyal • Samurai • Delegation Head
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:45 am

"There is more: the breaking of the second seal is not what caused his fall. It occured sometime shortly after. I am inclined to believe it has something to do with Yoritomo Ichido-sama, given Arashi-dono's vehement dislike of the man. The Unicorn's name you had sought is Iuchi Namida, Oracle of Thunder."
Unicorn Clan Courtier - Hero of the People
Appearance!
We must dare to be bold in these dark times...

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:47 am

"I put together that the Iuchi was the Oracle, but was never given the name. And so, it has to do with something Ichido-dono has done? I find that easy to believe. Mantis have always had leadership problems, haven't they?"
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:00 am

"That is my assessment. I was between the two of them when they had commented on my painting at the art exhibit. It was quite... heated. Arashi's words, however, hinted at this conclusion."

He takes another sip of the quality tea, changing gears after a pause.

"Your mother carries the spear, yes? It... works?"
Appearance!

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:58 pm

Kazusa arched an eyebrow. "If you expect candor from me, Ide-san, you will have to be more specific...on all counts."

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:13 pm

"Very well. At our meeting with Yogo-san and Megumi-san, he said that your mother carries the spear. Last I had heard, stories tell it was snapped in half. If it has been made physically whole once again, I wonder if it's more fantastical elements remain, or if they have left the item when it was broken."
Appearance!

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:25 pm

How precisely does no one know this story? It is such a common tale about the cheeky wickedness of Scorpion, and the importance of our duty, there was a blood puppet play and everything!

Kazusa sipped tea. "I see, then allow me to explain the situation."

"Emma-O commanded Bayushi Norimasa, a Scorpion samurai whose family had a long standing relationship with him, to recover the spear from the Temple of Bishamon in Toshi Ranbo. He then directed the Scorpion to take the broken weapon to Gyushi Dotai's father, Gyushi Kageto, who the fortune named as his smith. The spear was repaired and blessed by the fortune. Though since it was remade in ningen-do, it is not meant for the likes of meido any longer, and Emma-O commanded this Scorpion wield the spear in his stead. The weapon still holds the power of meido, and with every life it sends to that realm, it only grows stronger."

"Where is Norimasa-sama now? No one knows, he vanished and took the spear with him soon after the war began."

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:43 pm

Kousuda listens intently to the story, sipping on done more tea while he does so.

"But your mother now has the spear, yes? She is here, at court?"
Appearance!

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:53 pm

He looked so much like he was listening intently...maybe he was concentrating too hard and missed my last statement?

With a patient smile, she repeated herself.
Soshi Kazusa wrote:"Where is Norimasa-sama now? No one knows, he vanished and took the spear with him soon after the war began."

"This is no more secret information I am withholding. It is simply not known where he is, or what he is doing, and he has the Yari still, as far as anyone knows."

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:05 pm

Kousuda still has a perplexed look on his face.

"I apologize for making you repeat. This Norimasa-san is father then? Or was Yogo-san mistaken when he told us that you are the daughter of the one who carries the spear?"
Appearance!

Return to “Loyalist Scorpion Faction Embassy”