[Day 28, Midday] Blooming of the Orchids (Ask)

Upon the third floor of the Tenshukaku, the Scorpion Clan are given comfortable accommodations. In their common chamber, the lord of the Dragon has left them a gift: A apparently plain paper lantern of stark white. When lit, however, the inner lantern illuminates a vibrant red with the story of the scorpion and frog painted portrayed in shadow-relief.
Kitsune Konjo

Re: [Day 28, Midday] Blooming of the Orchids (Ask)

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:52 pm

Yogo Katsuyori wrote:He turned to the Kitsune.

"Is there anything I could offer to him that would make his visit more pleasant?"

Konjō scratches his head.

"A suggestion on where I'm going to plant this?"

A coconut. Why a coconut? Unless....
His eyes widen in realization. It's already fermented.

"I need a metal spike, a hammer, and a sharp kitchen knife."
Morishita Konjō • Experienced Kitsune Konjō • Mantis Clan • Shugenja • Earth • Gaijin • Friend to the Red Panda spirit • Seedplanter • Disadvantage: Delegation Head • Not your friend • Dark Oracle of Chikushudo

Akodo Zetsubou

Postby Akodo Zetsubou » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:06 pm

Tamori Nikako wrote:
She smiled, and strained to keep it small enough to be polite "I am pleased to be of assistance Adoko-sama. And it do seem we often find respite in the most unexpected of places, dose it not?"

His smile is faint but warm. "Hai, but that seems to be the most impactful, and the most appreciated."
Loyal-Lion-Golden Lion Eyes-Red Hair-Shugenja
Soul of Doji Nagori, Daidoji Mikado, and Seppun Teshan
I know my family's ancestors, every one, back to the beginning..would you like me to tell you what they think of you?

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:38 pm

Kitsune Konjo wrote:"I need a metal spike, a hammer, and a sharp kitchen knife."

Katsuyori motions to a servant to bring the man the tools he wanted.

"Sadly the Scorpion Embassy has no garden. I would also preferred to have a garden for today, or real flowers, but I had to relay on illusions for the decorations."
Scorpion Clan • Loyal • Shugenja • Wardmaster • Kuroiban
Description - Post D26 I mainly use my Death mask (check description), Post D27 I got Dreadlocks

Gyushi Dotai

Postby Gyushi Dotai » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:05 pm

Dotai blinks at the Kitsune's outburst and sips his tea. He smiles warmly to Megumi and bows his head to her, then to the others. And sips his tea.
Emerald Spider * Courtier * Armour-smith * Uninvited * Benten's Blessing * Dangerous Beauty Soul of Gyushi Kageto
Description

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:04 pm

Katsuyori made another head count and saw that the Tonbo was still missing.

"It seems that something has preoccupied Tonbo-sama. I assume we can begin with this and if he shows up he will catch up. So as some of you know I am doing research on a delicate matter. It is quite complicated and it requires people to make certain leaps of faith. I hope that those of you that are present here today will make these leaps, although it saddens me that there are so few of you."

He took a sip from his cup of tea and continued.

" Before all this, when Rokugan had only one Emperor and times were more normal, there was a festival dedicated to the blooming of the White Orchid, hence the plant behind me. During that festival servants of the kami exchanged knowledge. Often on that day samurai would visit them and ask them questions. Of course today is not that festival, but it felt as proper analogue."
Description - Post D26 I mainly use my Death mask (check description), Post D27 I got Dreadlocks

Kitsune Konjo

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:15 pm

The Rinjin does his best to quietly drive the spike into the three indentations on the large nut. The red panda helps hold the coconut, excitement shining in his eyes.

tap tap tap

tap tap tap
Morishita Konjō • Experienced Kitsune Konjō • Mantis Clan • Shugenja • Earth • Gaijin • Friend to the Red Panda spirit • Seedplanter • Disadvantage: Delegation Head • Not your friend • Dark Oracle of Chikushudo

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:18 pm

Katsuyori studies the Kitsune and the torture of the poor coconut.

I must hang out more often with this guy.

Gyushi Dotai

Postby Gyushi Dotai » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:56 pm

Dotai's eye twitches with each tap, "Ah but thus far there is only two of us not blessed with the ability to speak to the kami. Are we to be blessed with answers to questions?"
Emerald Spider * Courtier * Armour-smith * Uninvited * Benten's Blessing * Dangerous Beauty Soul of Gyushi Kageto
Description

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:58 pm

Katsuyori nodded to his friend.

"Indeed you are. At least that was my idea, I hope you like it."

Kitsune Konjo

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:14 pm

pop

The last hole is made. And with that, the little spirit rotates the large nut until his mouth is over one of the holes. He leans back to drink.

gulp gulp gulp gulp gulp

Naofumi finishes chugging and offers the coconut back to Konjō. Once the shugenja takes the burden from the red panda, he sits back with a contented burp.

The Kitsune sniffs the holes. His eyes almost cross.

Return to “Loyalist Scorpion Faction Embassy”