[Day 26 - Early Evening] A Talk With Mr. Utaku Nakura

The Children of the Ki-Rin have opted to spare their hosts too crowded a castle and have set a small camp of several yurts encircling Moto Chinua's personal Chomchog tent. On the day of their arrival, a servant of the Dragon lord gifts the Unicorn a pair of small statues. One is Bishamon, carved in wood. The other, Ebisu, forged in steel. Lord Chinua has left the pair on display in the heart of camp.
Ide Kousuda

Re: [Day 26 - Early Evening] A Talk With Mr. Utaku Nakura

Postby Ide Kousuda » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:14 pm

Kousuda gives him a curious look. "Megumi-san told me. Has Yamada-sama not told you about the war councils that have been held? At the last one, Kazusa provided much information about placement of Onyx troops, methods of how we could subvert their leadership, and more. You're certain she is an enemy of the Empire, or merely plays as one?"
Unicorn Clan Courtier - Hero of the People
Appearance!
We must dare to be bold in these dark times...

Yasuki Nakura

Postby Yasuki Nakura » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:22 pm

"They travel with a self confessed akutenshi, attacked us upon the dais, and defend the onyx spider. What do you think i should believe them? I wish i could see a viable option of trusting them but as of yet nothing they have done proves that they are worthy of trust."

Thinking a moment.

"As to Megumi's statement Again the Scropion demanded the duel first why would the back out of it?"
Utaku Nakura • The Un-Crab Clan Courtier • Accounts Receivables Ride or Die • Arm Candy
Leit Motif
Soul of Shindo
"Perfect Kemari form and deadly handsome, I am too much."

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:30 pm

"They play their games to earn the trust of the Onyx, I believe. To appear useful to them do that they are trusted with important matters and information. So that they may more easily facilitate their downfall. As for the duel, they will not back out. But Megumi-san had informed me that they are willing to forgive your transgression should you take the three cuts. That no harm will come to Yamada. That our relations are maintained."
Appearance!

Yasuki Nakura

Postby Yasuki Nakura » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:01 am

"Oh how sincere! How is saving a dear and beloved hero of the Mantis from being removed from his place in the spiritual order for the sake of one clan's petty need for revenge a transgression? When they killed him they nearly doomed the Mantis and the empire to corruption and armed Daigotsu with a corrupted fleet under Kitao. Had they spent their time wisely we might have been better prepared to fight the great evil before us. Instead they chose to devote their efforts to defiling another samurai's soul and remove it from the kharmic order and I am the transgressor? If my wife or my lords order the three cuts I will perform the three cuts."

Placing his cup down his gaze not unwavering.

"The Scorpion put us into this mess by betraying us. Just as they betrayed those who gave their lives on the pit. Just as they will ineveitably betray us should the fight look against us."
Utaku Nakura • The Un-Crab Clan Courtier • Accounts Receivables Ride or Die • Arm Candy
Leit Motif
Soul of Shindo

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:56 am

"Nakura-san, again, I am not here to cast judgement. To determine who is correct here. All I bring is what has been said to me. To show you your options and their consequences. What will come to pass if there is a duel. If Yamada wins. If Kazusa wins. What the Scorpion would or would not do. The results of your two choices, to duel, or to die. Though, there are always more than two options, ne? A third, difficult route exists, though Yamada-sama certainly would find it distasteful. I would tell you, if you would hear it..."

Kousuda remains calm and neutral. He was in mediator mode.
Appearance!

Yasuki Nakura

Postby Yasuki Nakura » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:13 am

"Hear it no, read it yes. I've no doubt the Scorpion are eager to listen to any details about me they can find."
Leit Motif
Soul of Shindo

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:48 pm

Kousuda gives a nod at that. "Very well." he stands and fetches some ink and paper from his desk. He writes upon the paper, and passes it facedown to Nakura.
Appearance!

Yasuki Nakura

Postby Yasuki Nakura » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:21 am

"This is certainly an option but I will have faith in my wife instead. She is a truly fearsome fore if Megumi comes begging to you rather than the scorpion asking the three cuts before to our lord."
Leit Motif
Soul of Shindo

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:54 am

"Megumi-san had visited me because of our mutually unique positions. I am to be Crane soon. She is to be Crab soon. Neither of us Unicorn, neither of us Scorpion. Further, I am a mediator of the Ide, and it is these sorts of issues in which we frequently are known to arbitrate. I had wanted to bring this to you, as it regarded your life, and your future with Yamada-sama. But if you are deferring your decision in this to Yamada-sama or Chinua-dono, then perhaps it is with one of them who I should speak of this, instead."
Appearance!

Return to “Unicorn Clan Embassy”