[Day 27 - Midday] Speaking with Chinua

The Children of the Ki-Rin have opted to spare their hosts too crowded a castle and have set a small camp of several yurts encircling Moto Chinua's personal Chomchog tent. On the day of their arrival, a servant of the Dragon lord gifts the Unicorn a pair of small statues. One is Bishamon, carved in wood. The other, Ebisu, forged in steel. Lord Chinua has left the pair on display in the heart of camp.
Ide Kousuda

[Day 27 - Midday] Speaking with Chinua

Postby Ide Kousuda » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:05 am

Kousuda approaches Chinua's tent, and informs the guards that he needs to speak with the clan's Champion.
Unicorn Clan Courtier - Hero of the People
Appearance!
We must dare to be bold in these dark times...

Moto Chinua

Re: [Day 27 - Midday] Speaking with Chinua

Postby Moto Chinua » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:10 am

The guards allow Kousuda to pass, and he finds Chinua exercising in his tent. Mid push-up, Chinua looks up and nods to Kousuda.

"Yes Ide-san? What is it?"
Unicorn Clan Champion

“If I live for a thousand years, I will not forgive you what you have done. You should not have a problem with such longevity.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:43 am

"Chinua-dono." Kousuda says with a respectful bow.

"There were several matters I wished to speak with you about. I suppose I should start with the most urgent: the duel. Certain parties have made me aware that by championing Utaku Nakura-san, the Unicorn are defending his actions. It is a deeply symbolic and prideful matter for the Scorpion. Even should Yamada-sama be victorious in the duel, it is... doubtful that the rest of Nakura-san's days will be... fruitful. I have been told that the Scorpion have agreed to let the matter rest if he takes three cuts. He seems content on letting his wife handle the matter, though if you or her ask it, he will acquiesce to seppukku."
Appearance!

Moto Chinua

Postby Moto Chinua » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:03 am

"Indeed," Chinua replies, rising from his exercise. "This is known to me. And, as I have stated before, I have given Utaku Yamada permission to champion her husband. Whether or not she chooses to do so is her choice to make, not mine."
Unicorn Clan Champion

“If I live for a thousand years, I will not forgive you what you have done. You should not have a problem with such longevity.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:25 am

"Though, I feel that is hardly a choice for her. How could she not defend her newly-wed husband? I feel that perhaps, in this issue, she is too... emotionally invested to properly decide what is best for her clan. I bring this before you in the interest of unity. A united Empire that can stand up against the Onyx, instead of each other."
Appearance!

Moto Chinua

Postby Moto Chinua » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:49 am

"And yet I will not order one of my vassals to die because some crawling creature took offense to their words!" Chinua slams a fist down on the ground of his tent. "By all the merciless Ten, this is the same so-called "samurai" that publicly denied a duel on the Dais! Yamada-san would be well within her rights to simply tell her to take her objections to Nakura-san's words and go jump in the nearest iced-over lake. No Ide-san, I will not order the newest Unicorn to seppuku. I wish that I had been consulted prior to allowing the duel to take place rather than merely to affirm Yamada-san's right to champion, but that is in the past. Now, we can only press forward."
Unicorn Clan Champion

Run by GM Ebisu

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:32 am

Kousuda lets out a sigh. He nods in understanding. "Then I suppose I shall press forward from this issue to another. The Phoenix have offered a home in their lands for the Blessed Herd, with the support of the other clans. It seemed to please the Chosen as well. I believe Yamada-sama is working to negotiate this before presenting it to you. In the past, the Phoenix have made noise that some sort of gesture would go a long way to assuage their leadership that the Unicorn mean them no ill-will. With the execution of the Elemental Council, an offering of a new home for the Blessed Herd, and passage for Crab troops to help us take back our lands all in mind, do you have anything I could tell or bring to the Phoenix? A gesture, even if it is but a token?"
Appearance!

Moto Chinua

Postby Moto Chinua » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:41 am

Chinua drops his head into his hands, and lets out a frustrated, hissing breath.

"The Phoenix? There were no other offers?"
Unicorn Clan Champion

Run by GM Ebisu

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:54 am

"No, Lord Chinua. After they had given the offer, everyone else that had approached the dais did so to support the Phoenix. Many expressed the desire to help the Unicorn in this, but lacked the means to properly host the Blessed Herd."
Appearance!

Moto Chinua

Postby Moto Chinua » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:16 pm

"And there is no way that we could negotiate with a Clan other than the Phoenix for some small stretch of land that would fit our needs?"
Unicorn Clan Champion

Run by GM Ebisu

Return to “Unicorn Clan Embassy”